All requests to join the group without commenting will be automatically denied!

Steamgifts page
Steam group
In all honesty, my main purpose for this group is to share games I'm excited about or that I enjoy with people who will appreciate the games. I've listed the requirements below, and rules are listed on the group page so please read before requesting entrance.

• To be considered for entry you must be level 4 or higher unless you can provide a good reason for entrance below that level.
  • You must be actively playing steam games, with at least 8 hours of play time in the last two weeks.
  • Your amount of wins should be equal to or below your amount of created giveaways.
  • If your application is for any reason rejected, you'll be given the reason why and the opportunity to explain why you would like to be part of this group.
5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Sure, I will apply! :D

5 years ago

Invite sent!

5 years ago

I'll apply as well.

5 years ago

Invite sent!

5 years ago

Hi ! I'd love to join, thanks for the opportunity :)

5 years ago

Invite has been sent!

5 years ago

I believe I meet all the requirements, I'll be applying if you don't mind :)

5 years ago

You do :) Invite sent.

5 years ago

I would like to join :)

5 years ago

Invite sent!

5 years ago

Guess I fulfill the requirements and would like to join :)

View attached image.
5 years ago

The cats have spoken! An invite has been sent :)

5 years ago

Yaaay! :D Thanks!

View attached image.
5 years ago

I've applied :)

5 years ago

Invite sent!

5 years ago

May i join ? I got the requirements ;) !

5 years ago

You're pretty quacky. Invite sent.

5 years ago

thx :)

5 years ago

Comment on the giveaways you enter. If you make it a habbit of not commenting you will be removed.

I don't really understand the reason for this. I usually don't have much to say about a game before I have played it. I feel that requiring every user that enters to comment just turns into spam of people saying: "This looks like a good game, thanks". Requiring users to comment just creates forced, insincere comments which I would consider spam.

Edit: SG use to be like this when everyone thought they have to write "Thanks" on a giveaway they entered and every single giveaway was full of comments simply saying thanks. These comments meant nothing because they were not sincere. Every giveaway had pages of people saying thanks and anyone who actually had something real to say had their comment buried in the spam.

5 years ago*

That is certainly a valid point and depending on how the rule works in practice the rule might end up altered or removed. However if you're entering a giveaway, it's obviously because you want the game, and you must have a reason you want it. So in theory it doesn't sound like it should be too hard for people to make a quick comment on the game.

5 years ago

This is the same reason I did not apply or did not think to apply for groups asking for the game to be played after they won. I like the game and I would to have the game but I can not guarantee I will play it due to constraints in life. I may be busy fall sick and one of the reason, waiting for GPU prices to go "Normal".

For example, I want Witcher 3 GOTY. Its a great game but I cant play it with a Potato . . . Also the game is extensive. My habit now is playing games in my Library that I can complete them. Getting all the achievements. Forcing myself to play the game at this time, takes the fun out of it but you do not always get the chance to win it. Winning it isn't easy itself.

I usually do not leave a comment when Entering, unless i see some remarks from the Gifter I like to reply to. I do agree being active in the forums and such. I enjoy chatting and when I have something to bring across. However, I may go 1 or 2 weeks without chatting because I may be engaged in other activities. Like gaming >__>

Anyways, @Magsidian I find your restrictions pretty fair. You might want to add good rep on steam, no vacs, etc. I forgot which extension/external page it was. I am still new here. I always enjoy a good chatter. ^__^

Edit: Winning a game, giving a Thanks, a comment. Is a great one :D

5 years ago*

I feel the same. I only enter for games that I want to play, but that doesn't mean I am going to play it right away or even within a year. I have a huge backlog of games to play and I try and play what I am interested in playing at the moment to give me the best chance of enjoying it. The type of mood I am in and the type of game I am interested in playing can change often. Forcing yourself to play a game within a certain time because of someone else's time constraint makes you not enjoy the game because it becomes a chore instead of a way to relax.

I ignore achievements in games because of this reason as well. I find achievements to be a chore and take away from my experience.

Also, I know what you mean about waiting for a GPU. I started looking for a GPU upgrade right after the whole crypto mining craze started and now my GPU recently died. I was looking to buy a used GTX 970 because they were so cheap, but then the price doubled and still hasn't returned to where it should be. Prices are coming back down, but the used market it still pretty inflated. Hopefully Nvidia will release their next gen cards in the next few months. That will give me some more options and hopefully bring the used market down. I am running a really old Radeon HD 4850 now which is why I am playing either low intensive games like indie or point and clicks or older games like Prey (2006) or Doom 3. I enjoy playing these games though and I have huge backlog of them, so I don't mind waiting till the time is right to get a new GPU.

5 years ago*

Yes, those are pretty much the same reasons for me. I am also playing Dont Starve Together for their weekly skins. I kind of see them as achievements trying to get good skins on my own rather than buying off the market. At times playing the game when I just wanted to earn the skin has tire and dulled me from my experience.

Another instance is Puzzle games, I like enjoyed them and I have completed a few of them I bought some during a bundle sale. However, because I was using my eyes too much to differentiate the colors and shapes it starts to hurt. I have stopped playing them for awhile now and looking to get back to them once I feel my eyes are well rested.

I consider Achievements as completion to games. There maybe instances like in RPG where in certain games like Survival where you get a free-roam that you can truly not end the game until the game bugs or break that is. I do avoid games that simply "hands out" the achievements.

My system is very old. 7yrs onward. Gtx 220. Though I got it custom made from a PC shop I am happy that it stayed so relevant since those years. I still can play games I enjoy although that category is thinning. It used to be a 4GB RAM but the MB blew and I got a cheap MB that can only use 3GB which toned down the execution of certain games.

Currently, I am looking at 1070/ti local price. Since I do not live in the US, the shipping price and dates varies much here. Though I am in a "1st world" country with 3rd world standards hahaha. Still I am not looking at paying half the price of the system for a GPU. I am too waiting for the Next gen Nvidia GPU as it is rumored in July/Aug. I live in a humid and hot state without 4 seasons so I do not think I could run Raedon without chalking up electricity to keep it cool as Raedons then to run heat from reviews.

5 years ago

I am use to heat from the GPU :)

The card I was running that died was an overclocked GTX 580 which was probably drawing around 300W at full load. It was better though because it didn't always draw that much if playing less intensive games and it draws little power at idle. The HD 4850 puts out a lot more heat at idle.

5 years ago

Living on a Sunny Island, I am used to heat too. At times, I use a standing fan to help cool the PC. I also took out the side to help ventilate better. Its just isn't a long term solution as even when I can tolerate the heat, the heat is still applied to the system. The fact that you feeling the heat or if you are hearing noises from the system, means the system is suffering. Just in silence sadly.

Putting all that together, although I like the prices AMD brought in to compete with Nvidia and I am grateful too. Due to my physical location, I would have to choose GTX, perhaps AMD as a 2nd system if I get the chance. I am also very prone to chills so I don't handle the cool from ACs well hahaha.

5 years ago

Would be great to join :)

5 years ago

You're good to go :) Invite sent.

5 years ago

Thank you!

5 years ago

Hi, I'd like to apply too.

5 years ago

Invite sent!

5 years ago

Thank you very much! :D

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

I would like to join please :).

5 years ago

Invite sent!

5 years ago

Accepted, thanks!

5 years ago

I'd like to join :)

5 years ago

Invite sent!

5 years ago

Thanks for the invite!

5 years ago

Here's my application! :)

View attached image.
5 years ago

Application approved! Check for an invite :)

5 years ago

Thanks! I didn't find the invite though, maybe there was some kind of glitch. In any case, I sent a request to join the group :)

5 years ago

I'd like to join please :D

5 years ago

Invite sent!

5 years ago

Thanks! :)

5 years ago

i'm rdy to join if possible.

5 years ago

Invite sent.

5 years ago

May I join ?

5 years ago

You may!

5 years ago

Would love to join :)

Thank you! 🐈

5 years ago

Invite sent!

5 years ago

Me please! 😁

5 years ago

There you go :)

5 years ago

I'd like to join, I think I qualify.

5 years ago

You do!

5 years ago

I just barely made it considering I reached level 4 a few days ago. Mind if I tag along?

5 years ago

We'll be glad to have you :)

5 years ago

Would like to join the group :)

5 years ago

Invite sent.

5 years ago

Thanks!

5 years ago

Ooops, I've clicked request button before I've read the criteria, please ignore it.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Welcome, cat friend :)

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago