Never bought a OST. I DID download some, though. :P
Comment has been collapsed.
I acquired a few in the past, but I can't remember which one were included in my game purchases and which ones weren't.
I have some tracks from Bastion, Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball, Cave Story, and Trine 2.
Of course, that doesn't include the ~40 OSTs that I got for my Guess The Video Game Soundtracks puzzles here on Steamgifts. :P
Comment has been collapsed.
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, that soundtrack was just amazing, I was listening to that for very long time
Comment has been collapsed.
Comment has been collapsed.
I really liked Hell March in Red Alert 1 (and all other episodes...)
Comment has been collapsed.
When I like a OST, I only listen it on youtube, I don't think I'll ever buy some OST.
I spend hours to listen Ori and the Blind Forest soundtracks recently.
Comment has been collapsed.
The first soundtrack I actually BOUGHT was probably from Journey, the PS3 game, by Austin Wintory.
Comment has been collapsed.
Devil May Cry 3. Best soundtrack of anything, ever.
Comment has been collapsed.
Soundtrack from all of The Witcher games. Breathtaking. Unforgettable experience.
Comment has been collapsed.
Dont think i have bought a soundtrack for a game but i think one of the first soundtracks i ever got was with the black version of Killer Instinct64
Soundtracks from these games: Earth Worm Jim, Doom, Rock & Roll Racing, Zelda and Goldeneye are some of my favourites
Comment has been collapsed.
The TimeSplitters 2 OST was probably my first in what has been a great affair in game OSTs over a period of about 13 years (I started finding the OSTs on my own when I was 7.) Most recently, I think the Killing Floor 2 and Witcher 3 soundtrack was my latest buy, but I didn't really have to search far and wide for those, even though Tripwire didn't include all the damn tracks in the KF2 OST on Steam (thankfully, I already had the rest of the tracks, but I feel bad for others who have to buy the rest), Before that, the most recent physical copy of an OST I had acquired was Risk of Rain's, which I got in the Indiebox physical release of the game.
Other notable favorites: Smash Bros. Brawl, All of MGS' musical scores, Doom, Every Zelda game (specifically Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and Awakening being my favorite OSTs).
Edit: I feel really stupid for not Including Hotline Miami's OST, as a commenter below me had mentioned. That soundtrack itself inspired me to get drawing again. 2's was easily the best.
Comment has been collapsed.
i think i bought one at some point but it was those game editions that come with the soundtrack.
one of the first game soundtracks i really enjoyed was Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
i still listen to it from time to time, it's just too beautiful.
Comment has been collapsed.
Hotline Miami OST is one of my favorite soundtracks to listen to out of game
Comment has been collapsed.
For the title ("first OST"): Kikujiro no natsu (but it is a movie, Joe Hisaishi later composed the music for Spirited Away, I assume that is a better known piece)
For game, I do not know, I collected them either via extracting from data files or sometimes downloading from various sources. Now with Humble Bundle I have countless completely legal OST-s too, and I did buy some bundles only because they came with OST-s.
Comment has been collapsed.
12 Comments - Last post 1 minute ago by cmiddlebrook
7 Comments - Last post 5 minutes ago by ngrazer
36 Comments - Last post 38 minutes ago by looseangel
6 Comments - Last post 1 hour ago by Mayanaise
17 Comments - Last post 1 hour ago by Mayanaise
197 Comments - Last post 1 hour ago by looseangel
561 Comments - Last post 2 hours ago by SJkr8
62 Comments - Last post 2 minutes ago by ZeroKasa
86 Comments - Last post 4 minutes ago by gus09
94 Comments - Last post 5 minutes ago by VenomousNyx
509 Comments - Last post 9 minutes ago by Insound
12,323 Comments - Last post 19 minutes ago by MarshallBanana0815
3,547 Comments - Last post 23 minutes ago by Cutthroat
1,355 Comments - Last post 44 minutes ago by Fitz10024
Have you ever bought the OST for a game? If so, which game was it?
Now, I mean a game that you actively seeked out the soundtrack for. A soundtrack that you just HAD to have. I own a ton of OST but only because they were included with a game.
My first OST was The Neverhood Soundtrack
I'm sure Armikrog will be my next.
Feel free to share your favorites.
Since we are on the subject
Comment has been collapsed.