Current Status

2015-10-01

It's the beginning of October and I already started developing some days ago. It's not a lot yet, as I have to work, I just moved, bought a car, etc.

Next version will probably only contain bug fixes and some minor changes.

Old description

I wrote a little script similar to the old SG+ and I call it SG₂O (SG2 Optimized). It already has some basic features (see full list below) and I've already got more features planned.

Could have published it 3 weeks ago, but I didn't want it to be lying around while I'm lying in the sun and can't maintain it. I started to write it when SG2 was published at the end of January. I know there is another script which has a lot of people working on it, but I just wanted to do something on my own and wanted to try out a different programming language.

If you have any wishes on features or find any bugs just write here.

Features

• Gridview
  • Colored borders: green (group GA), purple (wishlist GA), turqoise (whitelist), blue/red (meets/above own contributor level)
  • Grid filter to filter giveaways by contributor level, points and chance of winning.
  • One-click blacklisting of games
  • Automatic blacklisting of games that were on the blacklist in SG+ (disabled by default)
    • This feature checks for every open game if it was on your filter list with SG+. If so it is added to your blacklist, but only if the feature is enabled in the settings (SG₂O-Button on top). For me it has already added around 800-900 of 1800 games that I had on the filter list. Thats around 80% of my current blacklist.
  • Endless-scroll for giveaway pages
  • Highlight wishlist games
  • Add games to a custom wishlist to highlight them as well (does not add games to wishlist on steam)
  • Hide entered GAs (disabled by default)
  • Fixed navbar/sidebar
  • Remove featured giveaway (can be disabled)
  • Recent forum posts on top (can be disabled)

Installation

You need either Greasemonkey for Firefox or Tampermonkey for Chrome or Opera. Then just click here. Updates should come in automatically, unless you have disabled automatic updates in Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey.

Changelog

Checkout the changelog on github

• Added steam link to the giveaway entries on the gridview (#90)
  • Added navigation menu to the sg2o button in the top bar
    • SG₂O button leads to the discussion thread
    • in the dropdown there are links to settings and a simple about page (#123)
  • Using PowerTip (jQuery) instead of custom tooltip (#109)
  • Fixed an issue with games not having a steam link (#149)
  • Fixed settings can't be deactivated (#155)
  • Move left side ads below filters (#154)

0.2.15 - 17

• More bugfixes due to changes at SG.

0.2.13 - 14

• Fixed broken gridview after cg's new version to quicken the hide process of games (link)
  • Also fixed the broken one-click-hiding.

• Added tooltips to the avatar on each giveaway.
  • Instead of hiding games from the SG+ Blacklist they get a red ban icon on top of the image.
  • Bugfix: Filtering didn't work with deactivated automatic adding of SG+ blacklisted games and if there were games that are on that list.
  • Bugfix: Games with some special characters were not highlighted if they are on the wishlist.
  • Bugfix: Getting an empty search result caused the script to not work anymore.
  • Bugfix: Removed warnings from JS console that were produced by the profile tooltip.

• Temporary filter for giveaways -> Hides giveaways by ID. A new button is added to the gridview (sad smiley).
  • Filter for gridview: filter gridview by contributor level, points or chance.
  • Reload page when closing settings.
  • Added tooltips to the buttons in the gridview dropdowns.
  • New Settings:
    • Change color of border colors.
    • Resync button for the local wishlist.
    • Do/Don't move discussions to top.
    • Enable/Disable removal of featured giveaways.
    • Enable/Disable reload of page when closing settings.

Known bugs

• Games with an '&' in their name are not highlighted
  • Games with a long name, that get abbreviated with '...' are not highlighted

Planned features for the future (no order)

• Preview for comments
  • Open GA in layer
  • Import for SG+ filter list
  • Comment+Enter button for GAs
  • Endless scroll for discussions
  • Endless scroll for comments/entries in GAs
  • Highlight new comments/posts
  • Highlight community voted GAs
  • Remove finished GAs automatically from view
  • Add games to blacklist from GA page
  • List of hidden giveaways (by id) in settings
  • Scroll to top button
  • Reverse endless scroll
  • Endless scroll for created, entered, won pages
  • Steam Icon on gridview
  • Show CL, wishlist, whitelist, community voted, region restricted icons in front of image for each giveaway
  • Dark Mode compatibility (if possible)
  • Optional color for custom wishlist
  • Log for recently added game on the blacklist
  • Highlight blacklist/whitelist users everywhere on the page
  • Instead of hiding blacklisted giveaways, mark them with a big icon
  • Backend functionality to have settings, custom wishlist, etc. on all devices
  • Show how many people on your whitelist would be able to enter a giveaway (on the create giveaway page)
  • Optional gridview
  • Checkbox for hiding entered giveaways in filter menu
9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

• Fixed bug that removed the sliders from the "Create giveaway"-page.
9 years ago

There is a bug, with the script. Sometimes it loads on a big screen the SG2O settings and when you refresh it, it loads the normal one, but after that is one very annoying bug.

8 years ago

I already had that as well. Not quite sure if it's a problem with my script or with SG. Will investigate the problem.

8 years ago

It seems it is a common problem: Link

It is currently happening again. So there won't be a fix from my side.

8 years ago

I'm using your script daily, it's the best! Sometimes you have this bug and sometimes the bars of Level, Points and % don't load properly but 1 or 2 refreshes do the trick, so no big issues to me.

Thanks a lot again! Cheers

8 years ago*

I had that issue as well. Not quite sure why that happens. Might be related to the missing reponses.

8 years ago

Kudos for g/a sorting options :)

View attached image.
8 years ago

You're welcome :) More features planned, but I currently don't have much time.

8 years ago

Bump for over a month of becoming my main script!

ALL HAIL CLERIUS' SG2O

8 years ago

I'm glad you like it :) I will try to implement more features, but I'm currently busy with my master thesis. So don't expect a lot of changes in the next weeks.

8 years ago

I too only recently discovered this script and I'm loving it, but would it be possible at one point to make the grid view optional?

8 years ago

I added it to my todo list. But as already mentioned, I'm currently writing my master thesis and before October there won't be happening a lot.

8 years ago

Is it somehow possible to save the GA filter settings?

8 years ago

Not yet. Will add that when I have time again.

8 years ago

Allright. Looking forward to that. Thanks!

8 years ago

Thanks for this great script Clerius! Can you please add in future features ability to highlight topics and posts from user's whitelist?

8 years ago

Already on my todo list. Same with blacklist. Just need to think of good default highlighting colors. But will probably make that customizable.

8 years ago

Add button to open steam page to the game 'card' (near buttons blacklist, custom wishlist, temporary hide) so we can access it without opening GA page like it is on SG now. Tnx!

8 years ago

Good idea. But also already on my todo-list :)

8 years ago

Clerius, and also option to show games from Steam wishlist and custom wishlist even if it isn't match current set of filters (CV level, win chance, points etc.) It can be checkbox in filter zone like 'Show WL games'. What do you think of it?

8 years ago

So if the checkbox is checked, all WL games should always be shown? No matter what you selected on the filters?

8 years ago

Yes, if you checked current GA with filters on and after that you have many points left you could just tick this checkbox and enter some WL games even if odds to win is against you :-)

8 years ago

Well, why don't you use the existing button on the left sidebar to only show WL games?

8 years ago

Right now it is working but when you make filter setting saving it won't as WL games page will be also filtered when you visit it.
Also it doesn't take into account custom WL you presented in script.

8 years ago

Right... I forgot about the custom WL :D And now that you mention it, it does make sense. Will add it to my todo list.

8 years ago

And 'Hide already entered' option in filters would be great :-В Sorry for so many thoughts at once.
Love your script!

P.S. It is already here! Found this feature in options))

8 years ago*

you can edit your posts ;)

8 years ago

Yeh, but this way Clerius can give easier feedback with 'yes' or 'not' to some suggestions and maybe include some in his 2do ;-)

8 years ago

Maybe I could add another checkbox for that to the left menu. Will think about that.

8 years ago

I tried it out. Was happy to see CL-filtering, but it doesn't save my settings and it Gridview-only.

I wish all you script guys would coordinate. There's a lot of good stuff everyone is doing, but not all at once.

8 years ago

Saving the Filter-Settings is on my todo and would already be done if I wouldn't be writing my thesis ;)

For me it's a hobby and fun to do this script. And a way to learn a new language. In this case it's Dart. Other scripts either use JavaScript or TypeScript. Although the languages are kind of compatible, it would be really hard to make the scripts compatible. Probably more work to do that than rewriting it for your own script.
My personal reason to not write code for other scripts are either a) I don't want to learn Typescript or b) I don't want to write JavaScript code. But I'm always open to give other authors tips and hints and they are always free to view my code.
And for the dark mode script I've already planned to make that compatible (or add such things to my code).

8 years ago

It's not saving any settings, not just filter settings. Like, there is a configuration menu, and those settings are not being saved.

8 years ago

Do you have local storage disabled? As described in this answer

8 years ago

Nope. There's nothing I can see that should be preventing it from saving, yet it doesn't save.

Firefox 39.0/Greasemonkey 3.2/SG2O 0.2.7. Everything up to date as far as I can tell.

Open up settings, disable automatic reload, remove featured, and move discussions. As soon as I close that, it refreshes the page and the default settings are back.

8 years ago

I just checked it on Linux with the same parameters and it works. Could you check if you get any errors on the javascript console (How to open console) and tell me if there are any errors (red) when opening the main page, when clicking the checkboxes for the settings?

Another question: Do you also see the "settings" as plain text where the ads should be (right above the left sidebar)?

8 years ago

Do you also see the "settings" as plain text where the ads should be (right above the left sidebar)?
Hello, I have this problem. Is there a way to fix it? I am using up to date Firefox 40
Thank you for your work. I enjoy the features in SG2O.

8 years ago

My Firefox just updated from 37 to 41 ^^ But I'm also on Linux. I will check it out again in the evening on Windows.

8 years ago

Also we can't see if GA is regional now. Not saying for such long-waited feature to filter regional GA...

8 years ago

Ok, I'm from Germany and I don't see any region restricted giveaways. I guess without any script you would see a world icon like on your giveaways?

I've planned to add all icons (whitelist, wishlist, CL, comunity voted) to the image on the gridview. Will add the world icon there too.

8 years ago

Yes, you see world icon on such GA and as it is region restricted in most cases there will be more chances to win something. I think it is the reason this feature has been requested so many times on SG. You can make many SG-users so happy :-D
Thanks for you hard work you put in this script

8 years ago

Ok, it's now on my todo list.

8 years ago

Is there a possibility, to get some feature but the possibility to disabling the gridview ?

8 years ago

Yes, there will be.

Note to myself: Update the thread description :D

8 years ago

How nice ! thank you for spending time and knowledge to our community :D

8 years ago

:D

8 years ago

Much better than other plugins :) thanks dude you rock!

8 years ago

İs it like Easy steam gifts. I cant apply giveaways automaticly

8 years ago

No, its not. I won't implement something like that. People gift giveaways here for free and you should always take the time to read their description.

8 years ago

Anyone else having problems with this.. since yesterday every once in a while a random click, be to go to a thread, be to go to a giveaway, be to add a comment, brings up the SGo2 plugin Settings page. It's really hard to understand why it's doing that and it's really random. Was there an update with some bug in it ?

8 years ago

I have this as well. Didn't check it this time, but about 6 weeks ago this problem happened as well (users got white pages). So I guess its a bug on steamgifts side. But if it happens to me again I will check it out.

8 years ago

Ok, has to be on steamgifts side. I just had a white page while my plugin was deactivated.

8 years ago

It is on SG side for sure. There are even some topics in discussion about it.

8 years ago

same here :/

8 years ago

Clerius, there is a problem with Grid View that you can't identify multiple copies GA. You have to hover mouse on each GA to see numbers... Maybe if number is more then 1 you can put that number on the game picture?

8 years ago

Either that or another filter option "only show giveaways with more than 1 copy". I've already planned to add a lot of icons to the game picture (wishlist, CL, region restriction, group) in addition to the colors on the border. Also want to change the way entered and blacklisted giveaways are shown. Currently blacklisted giveaways are hidden. But I want to change that to put a big sad smiley on it (Like this). The same with entered giveaways (something like this).

Will add a note about the copy number and decide when I'm about to implement that.

8 years ago

Nice icons although I just hide entered GA (thanks you gave us such possibility =)
When you decide how to implement copies please think about it as typical business-process:
Average user of your script comes to SG a couple times a day and he want to enter 'best' (in his opinion) GA with his points using as little iterations with filter as possible. In what order can we arrange filter importance?
1) GA lvl (you just can't enter anything above your lvl)
2) Probability to win...
That's it! :-) Because he use Region GA, Multiple copies just to increase Probability.

What if you add to filters also sorting by win probability? Then you just don't need Probability filter :-)

In the long run if we have this Probability sorting thing then filters is just nice addition to make life more convenient (besides GA lvl and Region as it can reduce future change of probability - higher lvl lower rate of probability drop, same with Region GA). Please think about it.

8 years ago

Those icons were just some that I googled :D

Maybe I can add a small arrow to hide parts of the filter menu (like on the mozilla main page at the top, just not as fancy).

Sorting is always a problem, because you would need to load all pages, then sort them, then display them. This can take up to 30secs or more, depending on how many pages you want to sort and how fast the server currently is.

8 years ago

Filter Idea: For users who visit SG every day GA duration filter can be very useful. So we can filter GA that ends in 1 day from now or 12 hours... Clerius what do you think?

8 years ago

The thing is, that if you have a 1920x1080 resolution the filter section is almost at the bottom of the sidebar. If I add too many things it will be outside of the visible window.

Solutions could be:
a) Move the filter section to a new right sidebar. Could be a problem for people with smaller monitors.
b) Make it an overlay which is accesible via a button next to the wrench at the top of the giveaways header. But that would require to always scroll to the top to change it.
c) Don't add to many things. But that's not cool :P

I will make a note and think about it later.

8 years ago

What if you make price filter optional? Is it needed in daily every time use? Maybe make these additional filters to be shown with some button? Like new overlay.

8 years ago

As I wrote in the other comment, maybe with a small arrow and hide parts of the filter menu (in addition to moving it to the right side).

8 years ago

Clerius can you please add in options ability to hide GAs from 0 lvl users? There are many fake GA nowdays and 99% of them are from 0 lvl users who don't understand how SG works... :-(

Also recommend to add in SG2O options link to this topic and adding in topic name SG2O as not everyone remembers how to place "2" in this "low" register so it makes difficult to find topic about your script ;-)

8 years ago

1) I will add a tooltip to the avatar of the user which shows information from the profile. The other thing would create 25 requests per page. The tooltip only creates requests if you hover over the avatar.

2) Changed the topic. Will also add an about page with link to this discussion.

8 years ago

I hope your studying/writing going well and also hope that you have some time for vacation, when you are back to this, pls consider to add this feature.
http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/6khGy/suggestions-indicate-that-a-games-is-in-your-filtered-list-on-invite-giveaways

8 years ago

I do my very best :) And I had some vacation in march, before I started.

I thought about that feature already, as I'm also quite annoyed by the fact that I have to remember most of the recent bundle games and whether I wanted them or not (most trains are full of bundle games). First thing was to preload the complete filter list, but for me thats 93 pages (2300 games). Another option would be to only query the game itself. Thats probably what I will do, when I'm back.

8 years ago

Status update

It's the beginning of October and I already started developing some days ago. It's not a lot yet, as I have to work, I just moved, bought a car, etc.

Next version will probably only contain bug fixes and some minor changes. After that I will start improving the code and add new features.

8 years ago

Endless Scrolling seems to have a problem. I can only load 2 pages >.<

8 years ago

same

8 years ago

8 years ago

Thank you, much appreciated

8 years ago

Same.

8 years ago

8 years ago

Thank you!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

8 years ago

Thanks a lot! You have the best script for SG without the shadow of a doubt! :]

8 years ago

I think others have good features as well and more time/bigger teams ;) But I do my very best :D The only thing is, a full time job is more time consuming than I thought xD But I've finished my thesis and I'm almost done with moving, so there should be some time in the future to implement some great stuff.

8 years ago

You are #1... to me! (╯ ̄▽ ̄)╯

View attached image.
8 years ago

its probably because they removed page numbers from vanila site

8 years ago

Problem is fixed.

Yeah, you're right. They probably removed the total number count to improve page speed. Broke the code, but now it's working again ;)

8 years ago

Yeah, I see it :( Will try to do a hotfix.

8 years ago

Just fixed the problem a moment ago. Link to release info

8 years ago

I noticed that endless scroll problem too :/

8 years ago

Just fixed the problem a moment ago. Link to release info

8 years ago

• Fixed a bug to enable endless scroll to load more than 2 pages.

If you have auto update enabled, you should get the fix automatically. Otherwise do a manual update.

8 years ago

Thank you. You're a lifesaver!

8 years ago

Thannks a lot dude ! Very nice script ;)

8 years ago

There is bug with this new edit that the site made. When you search before you got the results in a special Search field and nothing more, right now if you search the results come out in the search field and right under it it starts loading all the other pages.

8 years ago

Thanks a lot for the bug. I just pushed a fix

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.