It's no news that Valve posted a recommended pricing update to deal with a decade old, out-of-sync currency conversion.
But because of a 28 day cooldown, a lot of publishers held off on making the update to not miss out on the end of year sale.

Well, that's over now, and so are the good times. In just 24 hours tremendous price hikes are being seen all over Steam, depending on where you live.
Check latest price changes here, currency selection in the upper right.
Likely, this is going to continue throughout the month of January 2023, and of course, all new game releases will be hugely impacted with this new standard.

How have you been affected? What do you predict will happen to Steam and the PC gaming market in 2023?

1 year ago

Comment has been collapsed.

How have the new price changes affected your Steam store shopping?

View Results
I don't see any changes, I live in a first world country. I'll keep spending the same as always
I need more sales now than before. I don't think I'll shop without 50%+ off.
Oh no. If it isn't a deep sale, I can no longer afford my wishlist (75%+)
WTF. I can't afford ANYTHING anymore. 90% off, bundle, or no buy
My loyalty to steam is tested. I will shop GOG and Epic if they can give me better prices
Yarr harr harr mateys
Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

1 year ago

No

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

I have no clue if games I want changed or will change, will see by the time there is a nice sale again since I don't buy games full price anyway.

1 year ago

Buying things will probably be the same as always since I'm in the USA. Good luck to my foreign friends :(

1 year ago

That's a neat steamdb feature I didn't know existed, thanks! Bunch of trash I never heard of got more expensive here, and a handful of other trash got cheaper. Nothing on the list I recognize or care about. I'm still expecting most new games to jump up to $90/$93.50 here at some point, like cod and forspoken have. But, I will just wait years for sales to reach good discounts for the majority of games, as usual.

1 year ago

My sentiments exactly.

1 year ago

Patient gamers arise!

1 year ago

Bunch of trash I never heard of got more expensive here

View attached image.
1 year ago

Technically i live in a first world country, although political mine is a third world country.

1 year ago

Haha that basically!

1 year ago

Aren't we all, hahahaha....

1 year ago

Considering the past 5 or so years globally....

View attached image.
1 year ago

Yeah, that narrows it down...

1 year ago

You don’t live in America

1 year ago

It is not.

But it's still the same path we are headed.

1 year ago

Not even close mate.
Stupidity and populism are on the rise yes, but you have so many amazing things, and the checks and balances to defend them.
Educate yourself before you start a pity party.

1 year ago

Do you live here? Have you deepened, let alone experienced yourself into our problems/situations? No? I rest my case there.
Elderly homes where food is gonna get weighed down because price cuts, elderly and those with reuma/artrosis (not to mention the million households with people with jobs) when they need the warmth can't even afford their heating and live in the damn cold, while we bring in dozens of immigrants (only young men.. not families!), getting fed luxuriously warmly on cruise ships when we don't even enough housing to house ourselves, when our kids have to stay at home till in their 30's?
Healthcare is going to become for the rich only, where poor people can't afford it anymore, i will take a guaranteed bet on that.

I am not going into into this sort of discussion either with what you have to call a pity party, mate. Totally offtopic anyway.

1 year ago*

So saddened to hear this. Unfortunately, while some countries are being hit harder (or perhaps only sooner) than others, there are similar news/trends world wide.

1 year ago

Yeah it's really sad, and frightening, i think people should prepare for it world wide, i think our country is a test ground, also for strategic reasons because of our location (maybe because we have a big harbor, being coastal, maybe because we are a small country), just like other countries might have their advantages why theirs is a test ground too, then it's a matter of just rolling it out to the rest.

I bellieve the WEF has a hand in it (most our ministers, our royals are members), some politicians/countries take their hands off it, such as Hungary, i believe Spain, in others like Denmark they are striking.
Some compare it to Nazi Germany, take people's freedom off slowly! bit by bit so they don't realize it, until it's too late, that's really basically what's happening, and why many not seeing it (or it's not happening yet in their country) hence why it's a difficult i say true/i say fake discussion between people i don't want to go into, i just hope on a warm short winter (it's 10c but still darn cold in house) sit it out till i get to my own place with a heat pump so atleast i don't have that issue anymore and my mom can spend the rest of her life in a form of dignity (and hope me too still when i reach that age, that i can still take care of myself, and not have to rely on an elderly home).

Yes the storming in Brazil one can say is perhaps violent, but it's another case of where people are getting fed up with their government, and if they don't want to listen, if real democracy is dead (false promises around election, then do the opposite when chosen), then these are the results, Germany had a thing too.

1 year ago

You should really get out of that rabbit hole asap before it's too late. Global WEF conspiracy? Comparing this to Nazi Germany? Sugarcoating the violent riots in Brazil? What's next? Defending the Jan 6 riots in the US? Blaming the Jews "global elite"? Calling for violent riots in your country?

Edit: And no, I am not here to discuss any of that. I am here to reach out to you and help you stay grounded. You're at the beginning of a dangerous downward spiral if you keep leaning into this conspiracy bs.

1 year ago*

And here we go in 1,2,3...

I did NOT even mentioned the US riots at all, where did i even? Mentioning Jews? Or even condoning violence, i just said i understood if governments don't want to listen i understand it could lead to violence, please listen to what i say, but most of all STOP this putting words in my mouth, and therefore i said i don't want to go into these discussions anymore.

If you blindly want to think nothing is happening at all (and maybe in your country it's not) feel free to keep your eyes closed, as i said many times otherwise, to each their own opinion. Time only will really tell who would have been in the right and in the wrong, i hope i am dead wrong.

1 year ago*

I bellieve the WEF has a hand in it

Global WEF conspiracy

Some compare it to Nazi Germany, take people's freedom off slowly! bit by bit so they don't realize it, until it's too late, that's really basically what's happening

Comparing this to Nazi Germany

the storming in Brazil one can say is perhaps violent, but it's another case of where people are getting fed up with their government

Sugarcoating the violent riots in Brazil

And then I just asked "What's next?" and named a few examples that usually come sooner or later after starting like you did. I didn't put words in your mouth, I asked if you really wanna go down further that path. For most people who did, there was no turning back. I feel like you're still at a point where you could still turn around, that's why I'm trying to give you a friendly wake up call. Deal with that as you please.

1 year ago*

If you believe i am saying i am sugarcoating the riots in Brazil, that is putting words in my mouth, and not true, not even by what i said.

Because main stream media (owned by your governments) or your own opinion says it's a conspiracy then it must be the truth?

I feel like i am at a point our country has gone to total shit, and there doesn't seem to be a way out of it, that the whole world is going to get it's turn or already happening as Dominicanoed also said.

Let me deal with it as i please yes.

1 year ago*

If you believe i am saying i am sugarcoating the riots in Brazil, that is putting words in my mouth, and not true, not even by what i said.

... perhaps violent, but...

That is literally sugarcoating it. There is no perhaps. And there is no excuse for violence.

Because main stream media (owned by your governments) or your own opinion says it's a conspiracy then it must be the truth?

You got that wrong. YOU are saying it's a conspiracy. I am saying it's not. And I do that out of rational thinking. I don't need any media to tell me that - be it "main stream", alternative or full on nutjob media. It's also funny how you start putting words in my mouth after wrongly accusing me of doing that.

If you want to keep regurgitating alt-right talking points, I am out. If you come to your senses again and wanna grab the virtual hand I am extending to keep you from digging yourself deeper into that rabbit hole, let me know. Good luck!

1 year ago

Offcourse and there is the word: "alt-right".. Because the word conspiracy has been used...
And come to my "senses".

Look i have no ill will towards you, contrary you been always friendly, lets just agree to disagree here, you don't want a discussion and neither do i, which i can dispute some of the points, but i don't want political discussions anymore here, anywhere or in real life.

Fact remains i feel my country has turned to shit, i have to live in it because i can't move, and that is simply a fact, alas.

1 year ago

Offcourse and there is the word: "alt-right".. Because the word conspiracy has been used...

Nah, a single conspiracy theory alone doesn't make it alt-right. It's the combination of believing in a global conspiracy, comparing their own democratic country to Nazi Germany, sugarcoating violence in favor of overthrowing democraticly elected governments and other stuff like this "gem" for example:

immigrants (only young men.. not families!), getting fed luxuriously warmly on cruise ships

These are all alt-right media talking points galore. If I played bullshit bingo on alt-right talking points, I'd be one short of a bingo right now.

Look i have no ill will towards you, contrary you been always friendly

Same, hence why I am trying to reach out to you instead of just calling you a nutjob and moving on.

lets just agree to disagree here, you don't want a discussion and neither do

While it is true I don't WANT to discuss this, I still will as long as I think I can keep you from falling into that hole. Can't keep you from jumping though.

I am not content with the current situation either, be it personally, regionally or globally, but I don't blame some global conspiracy. I don't try to defend violence out of my own frustration. I don't blame immigrants, most of which are fleeing conditions much worse than ours, and I certainly don't envy them. I live in Germany. The only people here seriously comparing the current situation to Nazi Germany are alt-right. And while I'm not an expert in dutch politics, I live what we would call a "Katzensprung" away from you (maybe ~200km) and I know it's not that different there from here.

I want EVERYONE on this fucking planet to do better and be better, no matter where they're from, what they look like or who they wanna fuck. Sort out the criminals and terrorists that exist in EVERY country and help everyone else.

Blame the people that are fighting democracy. Blame the violent. Blame the greedy. Blame the autocrats and their helpers. Blame the religious nutjobs. Blame the actual criminals and terrorists.

Stop blaming poor, powerless people. You're one of them. Stop blaming a global conspiracy. No one is smart and powerful enough to pull that off. And you're smart enough to know that. Stop generalizing and blaming a whole group of associated people. Distinguish between the good and the bad ones within every group. There's not many groups that are hive-minded enough to blame them as one.

1 year ago*

Don't forget the big Pharma which also doesn't exist and the weapon manufacturers have to make a living too as we all know :D

1 year ago

+1, rational, empathetic and 100% truth

1 year ago

Or the Communism that never even happened or the BLM which was a way to peacefully protest against white supremacy?

Haha, them good old jokes never go flat :D

1 year ago

Democracy also means to accept if majority of the population thinks and thus votes differently. That doesn't mean that you can't protest peaceful or try to convince people, but storming government buildings isn't required at all within a democracy.
I have a Brazilian friend who is working for their federal police. I messaged her earlier to express my hope that this deescalates quickly and she won't be involved in this by Lula's decree as response on it.

1 year ago

Not if you think your democracy has been rigged, isn't that what's going on them believing that rather then them just not accepting it?
And there is a video clip in america how you can rig such a voting machine in 2 minutes, and everything we make, everything we can break. Again not condoning the violence, i just said people can get angry this way. Hope it deescalates too.

1 year ago

Here we don't even use voting machines. If a voting machine can be rigged easily, why would you think that only one political side abuses it? And wouldn't it make more sense, if you'd suspect the old government to be able to rig more of them, because they still had the power during the election?

1 year ago

Even easier, if it's all on paper counted you can also easily dispose of some ballot boxes or count some numbers wrong.

Didn't your old government say if the other one would win, it would be rigged and initally fight it (and not step down) or have i got that wrong?

1 year ago

I'm not sure how elections are organised in the Netherlands, but here you can apply as a voluntary for the teams helping with elections, which includes just checking personal data and handing out election papers, but also keeping an eye on the room, if people go to the boxes and vote secretly as designed, and of course counting later on. There is not a single person counting them all on their own and thus being enabled to falsify or rig.

No, I can't remember rigged election being a big topic at our fed election last year.

1 year ago

Same with volunteers here, but in the end we are just people, and people can do people things, thus like be bribed especially if you volunteer and do it for free (and many people are poor), is that totally out of the realm of possibilities?

Well maybe it was just in our media, maybe i am mixing up a country, i don't know then.
On a sidenote your election results (as usually it's in the USA too), it's usually very close, only by a mere few %, while you can call that a majority, but it's not by far a big majority, and then a few shift in numbers can easily make a difference.

1 year ago*

No, of course it's not totally impossible that a small amount of votes could be falsified, rigged, counted wrongly. Whether by accident or intentional. And it's the responsibility of the media, of politicians, of courts and last but not least all democratic people to discover such situations, investigate, punish intentional fraudsters and try to improve the situation in a way that this is more difficult to happen.

If someone volunteers for something, they usually have a personal interest in it (it should be interest in politics and society). You wouldn't need to bring up bribery, because you could claim that those volunteers would just like to boost their favourite party. However, the helpers come from all political viewpoints and thus are watching each other just like they watch the voters.
Here you get at least 25-35 € for a day helping at the election. On a Sunday. If you have a job on Sundays, go for that. Noone forces you to help at an election. Applying for it while hoping for someone coming to bribe you and thus help you out of your poverty.. why especially you, if there are 100000 people helping throughout the country? And then try to falsify votes while you are only alone at the toilet there? I can easily imagine there are less risky criminal things to earn some bucks.

A few percent are a lot if you have 60 million eligible voters. In The US way more. US and European parliaments are also difficult to compare, because there unfortunately are only 2 parties that matter in the US, whereas in most European parliaments there are 5 or even more different parties in there. While in the US the campaigns are often based on persons, here it's merely based on parties and their programs. Although campaigns often focus on two big factions, there are parties which sometimes form a coalition with the left and sometimes with the right side depending on election results and possible compromises between the parties.

1 year ago

Your concerns and issues are being duplicated worldwide. This is not the place to go very far in a discussion like this, but yes... the WEF is deeply involved in this... this organization is not friendly to ordinary citizens... that much is clear to anyone who wants to hear and see it.

1 year ago

Yeah definitely not the place, why i didn't wanted to go in to it in the first place. Many people's eyes are still closed,

Thank you for the backup.

1 year ago*

Do you live here? Have you deepened, let alone experienced yourself into our problems/situations? No? I rest my case there.

You ask me questions...yet you already have your conclusion ready. And that is the problem with your kind of discourse, do you want to hear other opinions, or do you just want others to agree with you even if you are wrong? Echo chambers are dangerous, they are the revolving door into the rabbit hole, and very hard to get out of.

We are experiencing a global crisis, yet somehow the populist groups are trying to make it a local issue, ignoring the international trends, some of which are new, and others which have been building for decades.

The US turned on the money press, Covid crippled the workforce and wreaked havoc on global shipping, the Evergreen situation made things worse, followed by the war in Ukraine, together these events created the perfect storm. Prices are high, inflation is high, food is expensive, energy costs are high.

Healthcare pricing is an issue that started in 2006 with Balkenende II privatising healthcare. Anyone with half a brain knows that privatisation is bad, it iss short-term easy money, but long-term it almost always destroys the market. Yet the voters just won't punish CDA/VVD, no matter what pipedreams they sell you, Balkenende/Rutte governments have been fixing nothing for decades now.

Immigration is a problem in Germany, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, etc etc etc, they all have central-right, right, and far-right parties saying they can fix it, until those parties get into government and nothing changes in most cases. After the centrist governments of the 90s the VVD-CDA coalitions were going to fix immigration, and everybody is still waiting. LPF and PVV have proven too volatile to get organised, and Forum is a bunch of crazy people nobody should want anywhere near a governing position.

My personal opinion is that politicians no longer see politics as a calling, but as a career opportunity. After local or national government they hope to move on to positions in businesses or become mayor in a big city. Unfortunately for them that hardly ever happens, most of them go back to their old jobs, mostly in small or medium sized local businesses.

1 year ago

I am not asking you questions because this sort of thing is exacty what i not wanted.

Some simple facts are what i will say is millions are now in the cold because they can't afford their heating, don't blame it on a damn war because our country has one giant gas bubble as well, yet we sell it for a nickle and dime to others.
Yes our many elderly are driven to be in the cold and their food getting weighed, only 1 cleanup/change a week.
We have 1 out of 8 children going to school without bread because their parents (which even with decent jobs) can't afford it! Even schools themselves can't afford their heating, or other public places (sport clubs cease to exist).

They killed our farmers financially, FACT, they killed our bakeries, FACT, they killing of other other businesses, FACT. driving people into wellfare (if aid cost money and wellfare cost money why then don't just aid the businesses then to keep them up, keep the economy up?).

Because under wellfare you have them much more under your thumb, they also tried/trying to introduce a digital currency (only), and want to track each transaction above 100 euro, again FACT. And if you still don't want to see a path to a totalitarian regime it's your choice. respect the other without putting them in some corner.

These are all facts, you two stop making me some conspiracy nut (and thus offcourse automatically right winged).
The world is not flat, the earth hasn't been taken over by reptilian people etc,etc..

V for Vendetta...It's a movie, not for nothing people massively rewatched in 2020 because covid started, which also starts with a pandemic and then get taken over by a totaltarian facist (which can also be left! like the D66 parliament we have now) regime, in which Guy Fawkes blows up the parliament, for his country, for the people, the question remains is he a hero or a terrorist?

I did not ask you questions, so stop giving answers where i don't want any, i clearly even said i didn't wanted this sort of discussions because i know the rabbit hole this sort of things goes here, so i am stopping here, and please do too.
And this is just not about me "being poor" it's about a whole country, and in the end this will just go world wide, again time will tell.

[EDIT] If anyone still really think we haven't sunken so low (people dying in their own feces to cut down on money), we have. https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/562300457/stervende-patienten-liggen-in-eigen-ontlasting-als-we-gaan-besparen-op-broekjes-zijn-we-diep-gezonken

1 year ago*

Man seriously take off your foil hat (or MAGA hat I don't know what do you wear usually) and try to live and work in a real people's country like India, Russia, Brasil or Argentina for one-two years. Then switch back to Netherlands and compare

1 year ago

Are you saying that people outside those countries aren't real?

1 year ago

"real...country"

1 year ago

No offense, but yeah :D

1 year ago

I feel that those recommendations have been introduced little by little for several years already, around since HB become bad.... I mean, i follow indies closely, and the new commercial, well marketed 'kinda indies' become generally more and more overpriced.

1 year ago*

cant even buy games here anymore xD

1 year ago

Mfw have to pay 50-60 euros for a full release anyway :/

1 year ago

Apparently, Valve thinks we should pay double or triple our PPP prices!

Well, there is always an option for bundles or high-seas...

1 year ago

Gonna sail the high seas and explore what Gamepass has to offer more I guess.

1 year ago

it's been pretty damn good the past few months, and 2023 is getting some (hopefully) great day one releases. lies of p, starfield, wo long: fallen dynasty, and atomic heart are some of my favorites.

1 year ago

As long as "Gamepass for ~1€" is a thing, anyway.
I have paid for many months without touching it at all, beyond occasionally redeeming useless Halo Infinite codes...

1 year ago

Hopefully, more devs change the default prices. It's not hard to do, but easy to overlook when launching a game.

Also, damn, we have to wait a year before they update the default options? I think that could really strain some wallets during say a cough recession. Not much to do at this stage other than set prices fairly where I can.

1 year ago

Seems like most of the AAA games increased in price at my place.

1 year ago

No Man's Sky was the most popular game with an increase here. It had its first price increase ever, by 7%. That doesn't even cover inflation from 2022.
In general gaming still is getting cheaper and cheaper.

1 year ago

It's not in my wishlist but just checked. It went from 210₺ to 510₺ here. I assume Argentina have this even worse.

1 year ago

Now it could get cheaper compared to my salary that is the same, while inflation is soaring.

1 year ago

that doesn't mean it's cheaper, it would only if our salaries increased too.

1 year ago

Only a minority of the games adjusted their prices, so yes gaming is getting cheaper. Not for everyone around the globe, sure.

1 year ago

Compared to the income of other entertainment sectors? It stays cheaper.

To the purchase power of the people, who actually buy it? It keeps getting more expensive, as the expendable income is getting lower and lower.

Why the unchanging 60€ game stays 60€, as that money takes up more and more of my budget, I refuse to call it getting cheaper. Or even being cheap.

1 year ago

Nice nitpicking but with that reasoning, you can argue that absolutely everything is becoming more expensive unless it drops the prices to adjust exactly to your remaining available income. And you know pretty well that this isn't how this works. Neither was it the topic here.

1 year ago*

Yes, by that logic everything gets more expensive as we have less leftover money. But some things (like games) get more expensive slower. But they don't get cheaper.

As you know, a thing can get cheaper, stay the same price, or get more expensive. If it costs they same amount of madeupmoney, it's nominal value stays. If I can buy less of it, the relative price compared to my buying power increases. There is no universal "getting cheaper" happening on the gaming market , though some games cost less madeupmoney at least, which counteracts the price the people feel. A game staying at the same price while my quality of life decreases is no "getting cheaper" in any shape or form.

You may say that game industry income is lagging behind other industries that follow inflation more closely, but them making 5% or 20% profit on the same 60€ game doesn't make it cheaper for me either.

Could it be more expensive? Sure, but what couldn't? I don't feel happy for somebody punching me once, and calling them merciful for not doing it twice or thrice as others do.

1 year ago

Sorry, the "punch in your face" comparison was slightly too irrational for me to continue this.
I'll just leave this here: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/are-video-games-really-more-expensive
And if you still want to keep arguing I'll just mention Game Pass and be good.

1 year ago

There is no arguing going on as you don't even bother with engaging, just throwing out links without even wanting to understand my point, while still mocking it. And yet still making it even worse with every comment of yours.
Sorry for expecting better of you, lesson learnt.

1 year ago

There is exactly one link I posted, at the very end. Sums up quite well your participation here.

1 year ago

I figured out what irked me.
Gaming gets cheaper compared to other industries, but only if you're looking at it from a CEO's perspective. But being cheap is a bad thing for them. They want to pump up prices because there's room for more profits based on the rising prices in other industries.
From the consumer's point, it costs the same, yet gets less affordable, with the lingering chance to get even worse. Stays a cheaper option at best.

It's maybe me putting too much emphasis on how you phrased, but it felt that "the getting cheaper" approach did not come from the purchaser, nor empathises / understand their situation. I don't know the original intentions, and your thoughts on the topic.

1 year ago

Gaming is a bigger Entertainment Industry than the Movie or Music Industry.

1 year ago

lol. My situation is kinda mixed. I live in a third world country & my steam region is South Asia and a lot of game in my region already had same price as US. So in many cases, it is unchanged. There are some changes with the indie games that had regional pricing.
Like Blasphemous was 8.49$ but now it's 24.99$ which is unfortunate cause valve's recommended pricing is much lower. This one is a bit drastic.
Some of the other indie games with regional pricings have like 10-20% increase.
Some actually dropped a bit cause like I said my region was never supposed to have same base price as US.

1 year ago

How have you been affected?

--> In no way because the sale are over and my wallet/money purse safe for a bunch of months :-D
When the next sale happen, i will see which games have a good, reduced, price and which games i don't buy.

In the end i don't have fear or a negative mood because of it.
Life goes on, as always :o)

1 year ago

With the new price policies, if a game goes on sale and it doesn't match the historically lowest price, i won't buy it and either wait until it is available at that price again or i will have fun with one of the other bazillion games out there.

1 year ago

This. A game has to be really old or at risk of getting removed for me to buy it at non historical matching at least.

If the price adjustments lead people to buy less, devs/publishers will notice and might reconsider. So not the end of the world.

1 year ago

I'm missing buy non-bundled games at retail stores option in the poll. Usually I buy at least 50% of my games there as prices are (surprise, surprise) considerably lower there.

1 year ago

Actual physical retail stores? Can you give an example, like store & price & stuff?

1 year ago

Nope, I'm not talking brick and mortar. Their time is over like that of the dinosaurs.

1 year ago

Personally I'm not so affected since I was waiting this price increase since 2021 Q4, so I've been stocking games. I have enough backlog for the next decade I think. Though it affected me giveaway-wise since global keys are way too expensive here for some time.

1 year ago

I see quite a few titles with big price hikes, but it seems like most are either AAA or from publishers that usually do this kinda stuff, it'd be sad if smaller devs I like start joining this trend tho.
Anyway, if the worst comes to happen and Steam becomes unaffordable I have enough unplayed games in my library to last me for a few years, and then there's also my almost untouched ever growing collection of freebies from Epic if I'm really starving for things to play.

1 year ago

Steam has become unaffordable.... What kind of crazy move was this? Can anyone explain? There will be a huge sales drop

1 year ago

What are you talking about? According to your Steam profile you're from Germany, right? There is absolutely no change at all in the pricing in the German Steam store. How do I know? Well, I'm German, too.

1 year ago

According to the Steam's article a few months ago, the only country that will remain unaffected is the USA.
You can see e.g. the RimWorld price history in any currency you want. But I agree, most are unaffected for now and I hope they stay as they are. :)

1 year ago

Back in my days, like the early 2010s, people were really pissed that EUR prices matched USD prices 1:1. At that time, 1€ was somewhere around $1.3-1.5, so it effectively meant games were 30-50% more expensive in Europe than they were in the US.
That changed in the last few years (theres a period of 10-20% inbetween) and with EUR/USD reaching parity late last year, even without big adjustments, prices have come down since then, again when compared to the USD prices, for European players.

And yes, I am looking at how the US based company Valve sets or recommends prices for me compared to their native USD only. And on that metric, today I get a way better deal than what was offered to me in the past.

1 year ago

My wishlist is almost exclusively indies so I see zero price bumps lol.

1 year ago

you're assuming (incorrectly) that only aaa games got a price increase in certain regions.

1 year ago

oh year no more heroes, Spider-man, Devil May Cry 4, Mafia 3, Castlevania, Sunset Overdrive, Yakuza o, and maybe lots more - totally all indie

1 year ago

i don't know. i usually have a set budget on games to buy anyway so if they go out of my budget, i'll just have a good excuse not to spend any and finish my backlog instead. also, i can switch to bundles if they end up being unaffordable.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

EU region

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1108130/The_Last_AntLion/
+1134%
I think the previous 0.79€ was fitting :D

The Beast Inside increased its price by 17% which is weird, after pushing them into like... 1€ a game deals at Fanatical?

As PeteOzzy said, some Choice of Games 40-60% increase, but they were quite cheap to begin with (at least)

Crypt of the NecroDancer: Synchrony 21% up

Out of the 10 pages' worth of games I own maybe 10... and seems like at least half of the list is hentai/assetflip games, or to me very unknown games of other genres. Nothing big other than No Man's Sky getting 7% up

1 year ago

They are increasing even in eu region
?

1 year ago

Yes, the mentioned ones are from my region.
You can check it manually by using the link in OP, and setting the currency on the top right to euro.
If you're logged in, owned games will be coloured green, it helps a bit to find relevant titles (as the ones you're likely interested)

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.