Posting this on its own for visibility (both as I haven't seen it mentioned in the main thread, and because it's one of those offers you can't be sure will be matched in the future), so expect to have the thread closed once the main thread is updated. As such, any extended conversations (ie, anything other than basic bumps) should be made as a reply within the appropriate thread.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/7118/XCOM_2_Collection/

I'm getting $3.88 USD, which is not only just about exactly half the previous historical low of $6.69, but is even actually noticably cheaper than the historical low for the first XCOM's complete version, at $5.99.

The base XCOM 2 game usually goes on sale at $2.99 (same as present), though it has had a lower pricing on Fanatical in the past. War of the Chosen generally goes on sale between $3.50 and $4.00 on its own, but has reached its current low of $2.79 since last month. The Collection on the whole has historically ranged between $6.69 and $8.00 during past discounts, making the increased discount on the Collection the most notable aspect of the current sale.

For those looking for a touch of extra savings, Fanatical has the Tactical Legacy Pack DLC for the War of the Chosen Expansion for $0.59 (USD; Regional pricing value may differ), about 20 cents cheaper than its price would be in the bundle ($7.99 - 90% = $0.79). All of the other components are cheaper to get through the bundle. [Note, this is a seperate additional DLC, and isn't the War of the Chosen expansion itself.]

1 month ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Thank you, completed my collection.

1 month ago

I remember getting the XCOM 2 Complete Collection for $25 back in the day and we were all ecstatic about that deal.
Still unplayed. :/

1 month ago

Yeah, that happens to me sometimes with some games :)
Don't think about it!

1 month ago

I got the game with Reinforcement Pack in a bundle; then I got the collection with the remaining DLCs for €3.45. I was also ecstatic. Also, still unplayed.

Same story for oh so many games :(

1 month ago

This is why i only buy at not more than 5€ or bundle ;)

1 month ago

fake discount? it says -97% in tab title, but on the page is -95%, but the discount is actually -90% wtf is this?
the price seems doubled for some reason

View attached image.
1 month ago*

In your case since you already own the base game that isn't factored in so your personal discount ends up being 95% instead for the other 4 items. The page tag that shows on the tab, as well as this thread, refers to the bundle in its entirety, which you'll see at 97% discount if you check it logged out/incognito

Edit: The bundle discount itself is 90% btw, however that applies on top of the already individually discounted prices, bringing the total discount from the base price to the % we are shown(in your case 95% since you own the base game)

1 month ago

The additional discount for the bundle is 90%. I believe it originally was 80%, same as the discount on the first XCOM's complete version. This discount is permanently available just for purchasing the bundle.

95% is the sum discount you're getting, after that 90% is applied across the various games, and multiplied against their individual discounts. Since you already own one of the two discounted games, that game isn't being calculated in, which is why your discount is only 95% rather than 97% (thus, if you were to also own War of the Chosen, your discount would be just the 90% offered by the bundle's own discount, since none of the other items in the bundle are individually discounted at the moment).

Since the page doesn't do personalized calculations until after loading, that'd explain why it still has 97% in the title, as that's what any not-logged-in account would see displayed in their summary. Basically, it's just the usual Steam store display quirks.

Putting everything else aside, it's rather confusing to claim "fake discount" as a response to the displayed percentages, when the actual prices can just be referenced instead. I did note the flat price history in my post, which appears to be 1:1 with your currency, so that should make for an easy reference. It's definitely a legitimate discount, and since the big appeal is the 50% off the Collection (80%->90% = an additional 50% discount) combined with the all-time-low price of War of the Chosen, it's still a great deal.

You could definitely try and hold out to see if the discounts persist and eventually overlap with a discount on the other DLCs, thereby lowering the percentage/discount even lower, but there's no guarantee either discount will persist.

Given that even wanting one of the DLCs is enough to make this Collection worth buying as an owner of the base game, it could be a pretty hard loss if they change the pricing back after skipping on the offer. Of course, if all you want is War of the Chosen, you'd potentially be better off waiting for a Fanatical discount or using Humble subscriber discount to reduce the price further (as Humble generally matches the store prices during sales directly).

1 month ago*

this doesn't explain why the full price is 72.96 and how 72.96 -95% is 3.58 and not 3.65
the 35.76 price is simple, sum all the things inside i don't own and apply discount: 35.76 -90% = 3.58

so there is not a single 95 or 97 discount here

1 month ago

edit: i got it some of it
the price of all apps = 122.95
bundle price with standard bundle discount (-25%) = 92.20
bundle price with extra (???) discount (-20%) = 72.96

122.95 went to 3.58 by multiple discounts applied to apps inside the bundle, not by bundle discount

1 month ago

I do not own any of the things in bundle, so everything is a cost nothing in library already.

For me the Total for all at retail says $132.95 not 122.
97% off of that total is actually $3.99
If it was 97% off of 122.95, the bundle would be $3.68 and steam is selling it for $3.88

..It's not compound %'s, but it's also not one to one, otherwise the 93% and 95% discounts wouldn't add to 97%, but with the other items being full price, the combined discount is percentagely more..

$59.99 - 95% = $2.99
$39.99 - 93% = $2.79, both as claimed

I'm not sure why the 90% in grey is crossed out at bottom and why bundle discount still says 90%
Seems prices are either slightly different for me, or have changed, as full bundle is $3.88 for me currently, so that doesn't help figuring out the math.

[After more math/thinking - I noticed the answer about 90% in front of me]

Price of individual products: $38.75
Bundle discount: 90%
Your cost: $3.88
So, the 90% is discount when adding up all the costs including the 95% and 93% off prices.
Current cost is 97% off of total full retail. Those two items discounts are correct. It doesn't make sense either at first, and I'm no math expert, but couldn't stop trying to figure it out.

1 month ago

The discount is calculated, it's not fixed. It compares the actual price to the full price of the items you don't have already (it's 97% for someone who buys the entire pack as new, it's 95% four you, and it's 96% for me). The price is calculated using the numbers you actually see on the screen, they really add up to 35,76, which then becomes 3,58 after divided by 10 and rounded to two decimals.
The XY packs are not discounted in the store, main game is 95% off, but you have it already, so it's a 0, War of the Chosen is 93% off. Your particular price is a bit more than War of the Chosen alone, because you don't have any of the packs. I have one of them already, so the full pack is already cheaper a bit than WotC. Practically you have to decide if you want Shen's last gift (or interested in the cosmetics) for 0,79, or not.

View attached image.
1 month ago

thanks, i figured it has to be calculated then rounded to nearest integer and not just applied

1 month ago

This is weird. I have XCOM 2 since it was in HB Monthly, but I never bought WotC. Thought I'd check this discount.
But now Steam claims its already in my Library. :o
Since Feburary 14, 2022 apparently... did I miss something? Last time I played this was in 2020.

1 month ago

Not seeing any bundles or steam store discounts that'd explain a Feb 2022 activation date (Bundles: Humble Bundle in early 2021 and repeated in summer 2022, Fanatical bundle in May 2022.) Closest thing I could find on the 14th was a $3.59 pricing on Fanatical and IndieGala (and similar pricing on three more obscure sites), so might want to check your purchase history on those.

Probably not worth it for the undiscounted DLCs alone, since even if it reverts back to an 80% bundle discount, you just have to beat a 50% discount average on the DLCs to get a better offer that way.

1 month ago

Weird. I must have purchased it back then and then forgot about it, because I managed to find the purchase confirmation email from Steam among my old emails.
Funny thing is, I can clearly remember still considering purchasing WotC on bigger sales ever since, as if i did not own it already. :,D Man, now I feel soo embarassed...

1 month ago

Cheaper for the stand alone game at Fanatical for the next 30 hours
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/xcom-2

1 month ago

Currently available on Fanatical for $2.69, a bit cheaper if an individual has an active 5% off coupon (typically granted with any purchase or free game activation).

However, it's $0.29 in the bundle ($2.99 - 90%), making that a phenomenally better deal for those planning on getting the bundle anyway, and Fanatical's historical low for the base game is $1.98, so those wanting the base game on its own are probably best left waiting to see if Fanatical'll match that price again in the future.

Worth noting, but probably not worth adding to the thread post.

1 month ago

Good point. There is also War of the Chosen for 76 cents on Fanatical, so might be even cheaper to get that off there and the rest via "complete the bundle" on steam.

1 month ago

It's still showing as $3.79 for me. Are you maybe looking at the War of the Chosen Tactical Legacy Pack DLC? That's showing at $.59 cents for me, which is actually about 20 cents cheaper than its comparable price in the bundle ($7.99 - 90% = $0.79); I've added that to the thread post. ^.^

Let me know if there's actually a regional pricing quirk to the main expansion, though, so I can note it if that's the case. :)

1 month ago

My bad, I meant the tactical legacy dlc. Also my prices are in Canadian.

Ok so I think the absolute cheapest way to get this through:

1. Get Tactical Legacy through Fanatical first for 0.74 cents with coupon.
  2. Get XCOM 2 and WotC DLC through steam since they are under stacking discounts. Those are no-brainer
  3. The remaining two dlcs would have probably be gotten through steam as there are no cheap keys being sold anywhere else atm, unless you can trade for them on barter?

All in all the absolute cheapest (in CAD) i think you can get XCOM 2 right now for -
0.74 cents (tactical legacy) (fanatical doesnt charge tax as far as i know) + ((0.40 cents (xcom2) + 2.20 cents (tactical legacy) + 0.55 cents (resistance warriors) + 0.37.cents (wotc)) x 1.13 (canada tax)) = $4.74.

Pretty good considering I paid $6.40 for the base game alone.

1 month ago*

No Ukraine region, sad. Anyway, thanks for mentioning it here!

1 month ago

Damn. That's a really good deal. Thanks!

1 month ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.