ATTENTION: Secret Giveaway!!!

There is an "Invite only" secret SG giveaway for 500 keys created. The secret link for entering randomly appears right in the Free Demo which you can download on Steam.

Please remember: less enters= bigger chances to win.

Giving away keys for a full release version which will be at September 2018. You can activate a key immediately and start to play Full version right after Release.
I'm not a Monster will be out on Steam at 27 September 2018.

Super Prizes: 5 Steam Digital Gift Cards ($50) will be randomly assigned to 5 GA winners.

Good Luck!

View attached image.
5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

This is pretty much awesome! Love the premise of the game, I've been playing it for a while now. Sub'd, followed, liked and completed the entire survey WITH LOGS! :)

Can honestly say I'm really looking forward to the full//finished game, it looks just fantastic! ;)

5 years ago

Same here! I stumbled upon the game by chance (before the giveaways were made) and immediately fell in love with it!
The tutorial in particular helped a lot with it, the voiceover is awesome!

5 years ago

bump

5 years ago

Я выиграл в той раздаче, где было 1000 ключей, могу ли я учавствовать в розыгрыше 50$? А то не честно как-то, мы первые тестировали демо, а подарок им...

5 years ago

Розыгрыш сертификатов среди участников предидущей Секретной раздачи - уже проведен.
Результаты тут: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/h3iXF/im-not-a-monster

5 years ago

Спасибо за ответ. Итогов не видел. Но большее спасибо за игру, действительно понравилась.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

You are free to report me to SG team ofc.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Didn't you notice that you have to play the demo in order to get the link to the private invite-only giveaway? Thus the demo has to be added to your library. It's also an indicator that you got the link the legitimate way, and additionally you pay some respect to Burkashaman's generosity. ;)
Of course you are free to ignore it but you would miss a charming game. ;)
Let's have a bump.

5 years ago*

Deleted

5 years ago

Yeah, but playing the demo requires you to add it to your library anyway. ;)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

And just like receiving any link to hidden ga - without solving puzzle/bypasing sgt filter or like in this case playing demo - you would be suspended for that xD

Respect the privacy of invite only giveaways, and if you're invited to a private giveaway, do not share the link with other users unless given permission by the giveaway creator.
If you're taking part in a puzzle, do not leak or hint towards any information that should remain private, such as the game being given away, or the URL of the giveaway.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago*

For me it's the same as - "you have to be logged in in SGtools to get to sgtools protected ga" rule. You can't receive link by other source than demo. Although - you should ask support for clear view :)

receiving links is not prohibited by rules, only sharing does
It's hard to prove that somebody knew that link he/she entered was leaked. Although in case of sgt protected ga's entering without sgt check is a valid reason to ask for a re-roll.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

And how are you going to bypass sgt protection without being logged in? It's not a rule. It's something like - you need electricity to turn on computer.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

rule, that is broken in one exact GA.

It's your opinion. Report it to support and wait for answer :)

Somebody can share the link with me (I'm not a rulebreaker in this situation: no rule - no break). Or even I can guess the link, knowing what exact game in the GA.

What about: "Respect the privacy of invite only giveaways". Imo - in that case you ARE a rulebreaker. But do as you please. Just don't be surprised if somebody reports you :)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Well - we are speaking hypothetically. Aren't we? You didn't enter any private ga by leaked links so indeed you are not a rulebreaker.
If you did - you are rule-breaker in my opinion. In your opinion - you are fine.
Lets just leave it like that. Although it tells a lot about you

5 years ago

Honestly, I don't get what he is trying to prove here. I assume he knows the dev and had a bad encounter with him. But I dunno. I would rather ignore the giveaway than debating on principles.
I find it a little disrespectful to not accept a clearly stated requirement to actually play the demo to get the right link.
But ok, it's pointless to discuss it further.
So let's have a gentle bump. ;)

5 years ago

Calm guys.
As I posted above, people who think that my Secret GA- broke SG rules- are free to report.
As for enters with no demo playing - We can easily track Steam IDs which play Demo or not on our own servers, we will exclude the accounts which enter to Secret GA with no Demo playing time and will send the list to the SG support. It's up to SG what the will do with that list.
Thank you.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

i need your clothes your boots and your motorcycle (c)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago*

You are confusing access with permission, and valid access is a prerequisite for entry.

1. There were no "additional conditions" attached to the giveaway. Those given access to the giveaway were permitted to enter.
  2. The giveaway was a "private" giveaway, which means that access to the giveaway was restricted. Specifically, it was restricted to those who given the link, either by the the creator or his designated proxy. (In this case, it was given to those who played the demo.) Anyone who circumvented the permission of the creator or his designated proxy would not be eligible to join the giveaway as such an entry amounts to an unauthorized intrusion into a private giveaway.
  3. Gaining unauthorized access to a private giveaway does not entitle a person to enter said giveaway. Any such entry would be considered invalid and subject to a re-roll. Under such circumstances, the giveaway would be considered to have been "leaked," and would be dealt with accordingly.
5 years ago

For example, my friend, that's not a SG user can share (he can't be suspended because he has no account here) link with me - receiving links is not prohibited by rules, only sharing does.

It would be considered a leaked giveaway and if the creator provides proof, a reroll request will be granted. We won't suspend you for it, but you are not going to get the game if you bypass the gate.

5 years ago

Thank you.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Guidelines:

Respect the privacy of invite only giveaways, and if you're invited to a private giveaway, do not share the link with other users unless given permission by the giveaway creator.

It would be safe to assume that leaking a giveaway url or joining one is not respecting its privacy.

5 years ago

This is wrong assumption. It's forbidden to SHARE giveaway to others. But it's not forbidden to enter via the shared link, because user who enter may be unaware that giveaway is leaked. If giveaway is leaked it should not be deleted completely, not removed.
Also, absence of demo on account can't be a proof that giveaways was leaked, because, like I said above, one can just remove demo from account after getting the link.

5 years ago

If you knowingly join a giveaway that was leaked, then you are not respecting their privacy.
If you knowingly join a private giveaway that belongs to a person who is not the one providing you the link, you are at least tacitly acknowledging that it may not be proper behaviour and possibly a leaked giveaway.

If giveaway is leaked it should not be deleted completely, not removed.

I never said it should be, only that if the creator can demonstrate that the winner did not receive the link in a legitimate way, that a reroll will be granted.

Also, absence of demo on account can't be a proof that giveaways was leaked, because, like I said above, one can just remove demo from account after getting the link.

It still shows up in the "Recently played" tab and records play time.

This type of requests are taken on a case by case basis and we use our best judgement. If there is doubt about a particular winner, we would most likely speak with all parties involved and go from there. I should stress again, that the onus is on the creator to provide reasonable proof that the winner may be illegitimate.

5 years ago

If you knowingly join a giveaway

No one can proof the knowingly part. No, really. It can't be checked. You can proof giveaway was leaked, yes. But proving that someone entered it while knowing it wasn't allowed is different matter. Yes, even if GA has notice about it - someone who don't speak English might as well enter it (and he may be even aware of site rules, because there are translation).

It still shows up in the "Recently played" tab and records play time.

You don't need to play it to get the link. Even don't need to start it. And no, it's not leaking, because you got it yourself.

I should stress again, that the onus is on the creator to provide reasonable proof that the winner may be illegitimate.

So, do you agree that absence of demo on account can't be reasonable proof in this case?
Look at my account - I don't have demo on it (removed on licensed page), I don't have playtime in it (reverse-engineer it instead), yet I got link to previous GA (not the one this topic about) in completely legit way, I mean, it wasn't leaked, I got it myself.

5 years ago

No one can proof the knowingly part

Now you are being merely pedantic. I know fully well that we are not mind readers, but it is not much to assume that a reasonable person would at least question the circumstances of entering a private giveaway that belongs to a third party.

Yes, even if GA has notice about it - someone who don't speak English might as well enter it (and he may be even aware of site rules, because there are translation).

This is not an excuse. Rules and ToS are provided in English and we will provide assistance when possible. The onus is on the user to follow the rules and not on the site to bend over backwards to make sure every possible person knows what they are. If a user is not sure about a certain aspect of the site, they may always contact support via the ticket system or ask the community at large.

Look at my account - I don't have demo on it (removed on licensed page), I don't have playtime in it (reverse-engineer it instead), yet I got link to previous GA (not the one this topic about) in completely legit way, I mean, it wasn't leaked, I got it myself.

Now you are really splitting hairs but if you want: if the creator had sent a reroll request over your entry, claiming that the only way to arrive at the url was to play the demo, and that they could not find any proof of you doing so, then I would have personally granted the request. While you may claim to arrive at the url in an indirect and unintentional manner, there is no proof in either case and I would have to deem that a more likely and reasonable explanation would be that someone shared the link with you. Now you may claim to be an edge case, and I would most likely speak with you if I had some doubt to get your side on the matter. However, you must understand that from my perspective, it is far more likely that a person entered a leaked giveaway rather than do all the work needed to bypass playing a demo in order to win a copy of the game itself and I would not be inclined to believe you. We would also examine both the history of the creator (have they made this type requests in the past and under what circumstances) as well as yours (does the winner have history of this type of behaviour) before making any decisions.

We have derailed the thread long enough so I will end it here. If you wish to continue this discussion, please submit a ticket under "Other" and I would be more than happy to continue. If you like, we may bring other Mods to add their input.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

As I've said before, I'm done derailing and I encourage you to submit a ticket under "Other" and we'll take it there.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

But one can remove demo from licenses afterwards.

5 years ago

Sure you can :) you are free to do so. But does it hurt if you let it sit there until Burkashaman has finished his giveaway?
I don't think so. :)

5 years ago*

Will it hurt him if I do? I don't think so.
Also, it's not about me. I got game in previous giveaway. But Adding custom rules is violation of SG guidelines, and I don't like it. Making mass giveaway of a game should not be an excuse for violations.

5 years ago

I'll give it a try. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks :D

5 years ago

Bump!

5 years ago

Take a bump! ^_^

5 years ago

Trying to play as monster, infected someone now game seems to have stalled..
http://puu.sh/BrURO/688c69d31f.jpg
Disappointed as us monsters were doing well :)

5 years ago

You playing in Beta version actually. So there are bugs may appear sometimes. Sorry. And thank you for your report.

5 years ago

yep all good i understand
just reporting here as well as survey :)

5 years ago

Looks interesting.

5 years ago

I'll try again got the secret giveaway, the last time didn't show me :(

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

So...how does this randomization thing work? Will the link just pop up when I start the game? Does it pop up while the game is running? Do I have to play a match, and there's a chance for it to pop up when I get back to the lobby?

5 years ago

Not randomly, you have to actually play and maybe win to reveal the link. And yes, it pops up while the game is running. Have a look at the attached image in the starting post.

5 years ago

ty for chance

5 years ago

Seems like too much work if it doesn't pop up 100% after any match.

5 years ago

THANKS ~~

5 years ago

Got a crash in the fourth chapter, when the tutorial explain how monsters are revived while some infected remain. Assume the link was supposed to appear then, just that I got a crash instead. Played the whole tutorial twice more and three (boring) matches with bots, got nothing.

A seriously annoying idea to hand out the link randomly only. You should just grant the link to anyone who finished the tutorial or reached a specific level and leave the random part to Steamgift. I've no idea how you expect the game to benefit from making us play the demo again and again. There is nothing new left to see or experience.

5 years ago*

Now that's neat.

5 years ago

Main Rule: Every account who will join to Secret Giveaway must be with I'm not a Monster Demo on it.

You can't set custom rules, it's against SG guidelines:

You cannot ask users to perform any special action in order for their entry to be considered valid, such as liking a Facebook page, or following a Twitter account.

Not that it concerns me, I won in previous giveaway with 100% chance...

5 years ago

This "giveaway" is starting to get on my nerves.. Played quite a few games (won/lost) and nothing popped up. Not going to waste more time playing a demo (which is quite limited of course and boring after 10 games or so) for a chance at a prize. Missed the "sure thing" so I'll just try my luck in the other one.
On a gameplay observation: It's irritating that when you hit a monster/human and they have 0 health..they can still attack before they die and hence both parties can end up dead at the same time! Maybe a random order of action would work but in any case when you kill something and it attacks back..it feels weird..
Cheers

5 years ago

Since this causing some confusion, may you remove the following:

Main Rule: Every account who will join to Secret Giveaway must be with I'm not a Monster Demo on it.

You may state that you will check that each person arrived at the url in a legitimate manner by checking for ownership, but others are technically correct that you cannot have custom rules in order to enter. In essence, you can only enter the giveaway by playing the demo and you will use ownership as proof that they did and not that you must continue to have the demo installed on your pc in order for your entry to remain valid.

The latter is what I had assumed you had meant from the onset, which is why I did not say anything about the matter, but it seems some here are taking it a tad too literally.

Best of luck to you and to all winners. It is nice to see a dev provide users who enjoyed the demo a chance to win a copy of the full game itself.

5 years ago

Ok. Removed. Thank you for your support!

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

The game looks super cool, do you plan to release a Linux version as well? I tried the demo with Proton but it froze in the tutorial when running behind the barrel. :-(

5 years ago

As already explained by CJComplex, permission to participate in a giveaway must be obtained from the creator of said giveaway before a user is allowed to participate. In the case of a private giveaway, that permission is considered granted upon the user being given the URL by the creator or one of his proxies. (In this case, the demo is the proxy.) Obtaining the URL by any other method (e.g. dissecting a demo and taking the URL) would be considered a "leak" and therefore not count as having obtained permission to participate.

Once permission to participate in a giveaway has been granted, however, no "special actions" are required to validate the user's entry in said giveaway.

5 years ago*

Is this secret GA still on now? I had downloaded the game demo some days ago with intentions to play it but never got around to it. I got some free time now but if this GA is over then, TBH, I won't bother about it that much.

5 years ago*

Just info.
Secret GiveAway will end at Sept 26. 184 Entries for 500 keys at the moment.

5 years ago

Hey Burkashaman, You said the secret giveaway ends at September 26th. So I just got my secret giveaway link and it already ended 13 hours ago. Its currently September 26th at 2:41 AM on the East Coast. So 13 hours ago would of been Around 1AM Tuesday night the 25th. Are you like, in a time zone that is 12 hours fast relative to my time? I'm just a little sad/mad that I grinded a bunch of the game before and after work to get in on time and I'm half a day late. I don't regret the time spent playing but I wouldn't have skipped sleep in order to keep playing to get the secret giveaway if I knew there was going to be a time issue.

5 years ago

Sorry, m8. I got Sept 26 4:10PM atm here.
I can advise you to check your Steam Friend list and Add new people here. :-)

5 years ago

Ohh, different sides of the world I guess. It's not a problem friendo. I did add a person though who I assume is related to you.
Honestly I typed that out when I was bothered and really should have slept on it. I mean you are already giving away a ton of copies for free. Thank you for that, by the way. Anyway, good luck on release day. My discord group of 7 saw me in the demo and we might make it our next game to play. Nothing like accusing your friends of being a monster while lining up a shot with a sniper rifle.

5 years ago

please:_)

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.