I'm not sure if anyone is interested in this since we're on steamgifts but I'm currently contemplating buying the DLC Bundles for Mass Effect 2 and 3 and I figured someone might be interested. They are both at a 40% discount, at least in my region, so the 30% storewide discount brings the discount up to 58%

ME3 DLC Bundle
ME2 DLC Bundle

Dragon Age 2 DLC Bundle
Crysis 3

Edit: For clarity, to get the 30% discount you need to add the products to the cart and enter SAVE30 as promo code on checkout. Also added some noteworthy titles not available on Steam. Feel free to suggest other interesting titles.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Yeah, I was considering ME3 + DLC as it's the lowest I've seen it... loved ME1+2 but still have yet to play 3. On the other hand, money is tight and I still have lots of games I haven't finished :/

5 years ago

I'm kind of in the same boat. I've owned the base game since pretty much the release but I've only played the multiplayer so far. Well, except for a couple of minutes from the beginning of the SP campaign. I stopped playing ME2 somewhere at the end of the of the game since I wanted to get and play the DLC as well but they were ridiculously overpriced at the time.

5 years ago

ME3 has a larger-scale story and many more memorable moments (especially the Citadel DLC), but the last few hours are meh. The ending is not as bad as people make it out to be, but the last portion is just a simple combat gauntlet, even dumber than the COllector ship was in ME2.

5 years ago

Deal confirmed for Russia.

Decided to go for it. Still it's waaay overpriced.

5 years ago

I can only agree. I'm still undecided

5 years ago

As someone who has never played Mass Effect but is very interested, are these DLC important to the overall story?

5 years ago

I would definitely say so. They are great and holds some of the best content in the entire series.

5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. :)

5 years ago

They add some characters and plot. I actually think that the citadel dlc for mass effect 3 is worth that on it's own. Mass effect is an amazing series and still one of my most beloved series of all time. The price is a pretty high, but I bought the dlc individually at a higher rate, so I think it's worth it. It does add to the story in a significant way and ME2 dlc carries over and affects ME3 (more choices/characters, etc.).

5 years ago

Thanks! It's my understanding that the DLC is always expensive and rarely goes on sale, especially with an added discount code to stack. So it sounds as though it's as good a time as any to get into it. Now it's just to find time to start the four games...

5 years ago

I'm for obvious reasons, not the ideal person to answer this and I'm sure you'll get more substantial information in time but as I understand the most "important" DLC are the ones for Mass Effect 3 where they made an effort to fix parts of the in many people opinion "botched" ending of the game.

Other than that I'm just expecting more of the gameplay and atmosphere from the base game. I'd absolutely start playing the first game which many consider the best, although I like ME2 the best, and as I understand thing have all the extra material available for free by now.

5 years ago

I believe the DLC that fixed the ending is free.

5 years ago

Well I appreciate your feedback. ^_^

5 years ago

ME2:

1. Kasumi - new companion with 1 loyalty mission and can appear in ME3 ( not really important).
  2. Overlord - side story, doesnt have any impact on the overall plot. Can meet 1-2 of the NPCs in ME3 depending on decisions.(Can go without it)
  3. Lair of the Shadow Broker - brings some light on what Liara(one of your companions from ME1) was doing in ME2 instead of joining you. Can continue your romance with her. Somewhat important for ME3 else you will be dropped some surprise stuff out of the blue.(important if you care about Liara)
    1. Arrival - The missing link between the end of ME2 and the start of ME3. (Should be important but the DLCs itself is meh, its enough to read on it)

ME3:

1. From Ashes - bonus companion that reveals some backstory that has no impact on the main story(good only if you care about some lore)
  2. Leviathan - gives you the backstory of the main baddies. (really important if you care about lore)
  3. Omega - not played but from what I know its good only if you want to revisit Omega from ME2 and like the combat(so not really important)
  4. Citadel - fan service DLC to spend some quality time with past and current companions(not important).

So overall you can finish the ME series without any of the DLCs at the cost of losing some details regarding some of the events in the game (Arrival, Lair of TSB) or lore(Leviathan, From Ashes). DLCs itself have no impact on the overall story or the decisions that it lets you make.

5 years ago

Yeah, this. There is also Zaeed as DLC companion for ME2.

I'd advise to play in all story-related DLCs apart from Overlord and Omega. If someone cares about lore.

Overlord is not connected with main plot in any way, but I found content to be interesting.

Omega is weak, focus only on combat, and it was obvious they "cut" it out from released game to sell it as DLC later. I don't remember other example in any game, where I was talking with NPC, they tell me about quest and I'm like "Yeah, let's go retake Omega!!". To what I hear "Nah, I don't feel like retaking my base right now". And I was like "ugh it's gonna be in DLC, won't it?".

5 years ago

The Kasumi loyalty mission was my favorite mission of the whole Mass Effect series. Easy to skip, but don't!

5 years ago

Shame that the cutscene at the end can consistently crash the game and then either try 2-3 workarounds and pray one of them work or load a save before starting the mission(if you have one thats it).

5 years ago

Yeah I remember that now. Somehow fixing small issues is part of the experience for me, I like tinkering with stuff :)

5 years ago

Thank you for such a thorough breakdown. That's very helpful and certainly appreciated. :D

5 years ago

Oh dear gods, yes. Almost third of the important story is in the DLCs, because of course it is. Not to mention that probably the best ME2 crew member is a DLC one (unless you play on Insanity, then she is useless).

5 years ago

May be worth more to get Origin Access rather than buying the dlcs. With it, you get the digital deluxe edition, with comes with all the dlc (and the game, ofc). Even if you buy only one month, which I think is enough to finish the game, you get the game (in fact, you get all three Mass Effect games and all their dlc) plus whatever other game in there interests you.

5 years ago

With it, you get the digital deluxe edition, with comes with all the dlc (and the game, ofc).

If I'm not mistaken, this part is incorrect -- for ME2/ME3, at least (haven't checked the others).
Disparagingly, "Digital Deluxe Edition" of both of those games is still not the complete game with all DLC, and you're generally better off getting the Standard Edition and adding on the DLC Bundles if you want the full game with all DLC.

5 years ago

Well, they're certainly not short of dlc, at least. Although "digital deluxe" editions that don't come with all available dlc are a pet peeve of mine.

5 years ago

The Digital Deluxe Editions do not contain all the DLCs, only some. And AFAIK, the DLCs packs are only available through Access Premier, not the basic tier.

5 years ago

As far as I know, the only difference between premier and regular is that premier gives you access to newly released titles.

5 years ago*

What region are you in? Looking at this from the US I only see the 40%. Which is decent seeing how rarely these dlcs go on sale, but an extra discount would be great.

5 years ago

You need to add save30 at checkout.

5 years ago

Thanks! Not sure if that was there when I posted, but I’ll just assume I didn’t read xD. I think I’m gonna grab these, I’m due for a ME replay.

5 years ago

Added because of your question. This was my oversight not yours :)

5 years ago

Appreciate the clarity lol. Thank you for sharing!

5 years ago

My wordy overview of the ME2 DLC Bundle, spoiler-free from not having yet played ME2...
https://steamcommunity.com/app/24980/discussions/0/846940247828327831/#c2788173147734474995
...in case you're wondering if it really does include everything. (It does.)

5 years ago

I feel like this is a trap and after these end year sales they will announce a triology pack with all the DLC. I wanna buy the DLC but im not sure if i should.

5 years ago

It's been 6 years since ME3 released. I'd say you're safe with buying the DLC now. Especially since there's already a trilogy packs (sans DLC) on Origins.

5 years ago*

Thanks for this info! Promo code works! I just bought Crysis 3, is not the historical "2014" price, but very close. :)

5 years ago

So how can you add both to cart? I just see instabuy option. Would the promo code work twice?

Edit: Nvm, code can be applied every single purchase, still sucks that they have no cart though

5 years ago*

You can't buy more than one item at a time, unfortunately. Place 2 orders and use the code each time.

5 years ago

Yeah, it's kind of odd but there are a lot of stores where you can only buy one product at the time even. A serious pain in the ass if your intention was to purchase the DLC for some Paradox-esque game

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.