Level 4 - Train Valley
Level 5 - Tango Fiesta
Level 6 - Rodina
Level 7 - Universe Sandbox ²
Level 8 - Out of Reach
Level 9 - I Shall Remain
Level 10 - Grand Finale: Blood Bowl 2

► 1st and foremost:

What an AMAZING display of generosity & kindness I have observed this past week. I am just overjoyed with how many people of all levels jumped right in to get involved in this event! THANK YOU EVERYONE for the amazing contributions!

• *We had people making awesome GA's for our high level community contributors
  • *We had people making awesome GA's for our mid level community contributors.
  • *We had people making awesome GA's for our low level community contributors.

EVERYONE was included in this event. Everyone got a chance. People at all levels won, and we did it with virtually no negativity!
Frickin' BADASS!

► 2nd (and also QUITE important):

EVERY WEEK is High Level Appreciation Week!

Let me say that again:

EVERY FRICKIN' WEEK is High Level Appreciation Week!

A few months ago (when I was still level 2), I became more active here on Steamgifts and noticed there was very few GA's specifically targeted for higher levels.

I felt like they had contributed massively to our community, and I wanted to do something special for them. I began making most of my GA's for level 6-10 (public), as there was an abundance of low level GA's. I found it was also fun to make several flash 1 hour GA's for 6-9 as well (10's need more of a chance since there are so few of them). I think often at lower levels, contributors don't realize they can make GA's for anyone of any level, and personally I have never had a 6-10 winner not mark their win as received in a very timely manner. Mostly, they know what its like from their own experience to have to wait for credit.

It is very important to maintain the sense of community and to be sure to include and acknowledge EVERYONE level 1-10, as we are all contributors. Even if you try to help balance the GA's among levels by focusing on more high level offerings, please also be sure to give to the 1-5's as well, and vice versa: People who like to make lower level GA's, consider making a few high level ones from time to time to include and acknowledge one another.

...and who knows? You just might find yourself included in some bonus whitelisted GA's in the process! Focus on the GIVING and the rest is all icing on the cake.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Let's strive to achieve BALANCE in our community!

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

-Val

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

That was a very fun event :) Thanks for putting it all together and thanks to you and everyone else for amazing giveaways! :) And I agree - people should create more high level giveaways :)

8 years ago

Thanks for organizing this and thanks to everyone who made some high level giveaways :)

8 years ago

Thanks for the high level week event. Most of my giveaways recently are bundled games so I don't made level restrictions, but for non-bundled games.I made some for level 7. Example.
Thanks contributors!

8 years ago

Valisorie, i really do appreciate you creating this event and also for putting forth the statements you made in your closing thoughts.
THANK YOU for ALL of it! ....It's been fun!

Here's a little something for the encore day!

Level 4+ Game Corp DX
Level 6+ Fly in the House
Level 7+ Power of Love
Level 9+ This War of Mine

8 years ago

event was truly epic, thanks for fun!

8 years ago

Excellent idea, wonderful event, Val! ^^
However it was big disappointment to me I couldn't follow and participate it because of my almost absolute offline time :(. Hope will fix it before Christmas and join a show quite lately :p.
Much salutes, Valisorie! o7

8 years ago

It seems all of my appreciation gifts will end with blacklisting... I wish the winners could also appreciate the gesture...

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

Thank you, but there's no need for you to do this :) I'm happy to participate in such events, I only wish there were less bots, ninjas and ghosts on this page (especially with higher levels).

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

I really whish mine was empty, but placing such users on a BL gives others more chances to win (in a future giveaways), so it's not a bad solution in my opinion.

8 years ago

there can be bad apples on every level ;p just don't worry about them, BL them and focus on the better part of the community ;) I personally have even 2 lvl 10 BlackListed - one of which found specially thanks to this event ;p It's a shame your ga may end up going to some rulebreaker or ungrateful arsehole - but look at it this way - thanks to this one ga you won't have to bother with this person again :D:

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

One level 10 gained his level by blackmailing developers into giving him free keys (telling that otherwise he will have his highly followed curator and his massive groups bash their games in reviews - there was a massive drama over it on reddit and SG), another boosted himself to lvl 10 solely on group GAs, never actually giving back anything to the community (with his actual public GAs he wouldn't even have 100$ sent value). I have nothing against making all kind of different GAs by ppl, but if someone has lvl 10 that in 97.4% comes from group GAs only - well, let him enter his group GAs, but I don't want him in my public ones.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Thanks for organizing this great event!
'twas fun :)

8 years ago

My very late contribution to the event. Better late than never, I guess?
Monday Night Combat

8 years ago

Thx for the event Val, it was great... I was only able to participate with a small contribution, but time is really short right now and I was unable to allocate some space for GA creation... Still, it is within my plans to create them, as well as to create some for Yunie's Karma :P

Thx again and looking forward to keep enhancing the community...

8 years ago

8 years ago

You deserve some cakes man

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

Thanks for the awesome event I wish that is was done on another week since I am doing my own event this week and it took all of my slots for the ga I am doing cause this is the type of event I always like to do ga for.

8 years ago

Thanks for wonderful event Val :> It was absolutely awesome - one of my favoritue times on SG ;] I really do look forward to seeing it again in the future, maybe annually like we're having some others SG events :> Nonetheless thank you once more and thank to all other participants - all wonderful contributors, all entrants who weren't lazy enough and left some nice comments and thanks for mo5tivating me to finally push to this lvl 10 :D:

8 years ago

Th you for the event, it was awesome!

8 years ago

Thanks for the many great giveaways.

8 years ago

TODAY = ENCORE DAY for LvL's 1-10!

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

I don't think it's another one - it's just summarize topic + encore day ;p

As much as I loved this event - same as with all events - we shouldn't hold them very oftesn, so they won't burn out.

For example - both you and me love Simultaneous Giveaway events - but if they were to happen let's say every month or every second month - 1st they'd lose their magic, 2nd a lot of ppl would skip them - because they burn off, cannot jump in and contribute a lot if they'd have to do it all the time and so on and on. the same apply to all the other events - massive group puzzles, special-day-forum-private-GAs-extravaganza (like Valentine's Day or Halloween forum events) and now High Level Appreciation week. Ofc - these events are the best times one can have on SG - but if they were to be happening all the time they'd lose all their magic ;)

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

EVERY WEEK should be High Level Appreciation Week in the minds of contributors. Make some high level GA's while making your normal ones! :)

Create a balance!

8 years ago

It's been a great event Val! Thank you for starting and organizing it. Here are a few last minute giveaways.

Level 7 - Out There: Ω Edition
Level 8 - Joe Dever's Lone Wolf HD Remastered
Level 9 - Endless Legend

8 years ago

Encore bump for what was an awesome event, hands down!
Sorry i couldn't pitch in more than a couple of games, the timing was not optimal for me, sadly. :'(

Thanks for all your work. ;)

8 years ago

8 years ago

❤❤❤

8 years ago

It was a really amazing event. Surely was the best for me until now in the SG. Thanks a lot Val, and all you beautiful contributors!

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

8 years ago

Woohoo!

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.