Now that we have a bit customizable profiles on GOG we might need more friends. Feel free to add me and to ask people to add you in the comments. I don't know if it makes any sense, I might not sleep long enough lately :P

https://www.gog.com/u/jonathan_kalo

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Imagine you're building your gaming library from the scratch. Which platform do you choose this time?

View Results
Steam
GOG
Origin
Uplay
Other (comment)
Console, mwahahaha

Add me on GOG.

6 years ago

Remember to include the link to your profile if you're serious :P

6 years ago

I imagine this might be them
https://www.gog.com/u/M0lnja

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

Well, same here! Maybe it will happen one day though thanks to GOG Connect :)

6 years ago

Ok, let me try this:

https://www.gog.com/u/Thexder

Am I doing this right? :D

Cheers!

6 years ago

Yes, you did it right! ^^ Actually you're really good at it, I'm impressed :D

6 years ago

;D

If I were half as good with physical friends.... :D

6 years ago

Ok, now I have tons of jokes about physical and digital copies of friends like they were games :P You take strange ways, brain.

6 years ago

My friends do not drop cards, but they idle a lot! :D

6 years ago

So I guess you're not friends with them for profitz :P

6 years ago

Believe me you dont need physical friends, i had a lot of them but i kept a distance in the end. It is really rare to find a friend that will care about you. Steam friends all the way:)

6 years ago

I agree, it's also nice to be able to turn online friends off when you're tired, real life friends can be so demanding.

6 years ago

https://www.gog.com/u/popocho

Here I am fellow GoodOldGamers :)

6 years ago

I^v^I/

6 years ago

https://www.gog.com/u/JohanLiebheart

I mostly buy RPGs here, so not much multiplayer action.

6 years ago

Monster! :P

6 years ago

yeah, not many people recognize the name, I wont kill you I promise

6 years ago

Here is my own account. Doesn't show much play time, I never really bothered with the client. -_-
https://www.gog.com/u/DeltaBladeX

6 years ago

Somehow I've never realized that if you won't launch Galaxy, you won't have any playtime recorded... Silly me.

6 years ago

Same reason why I have 33 hours tracked, even though I played some games form my GOG account for a longer time apiece. :)

6 years ago

Sometimes they won't track even if you do use the client. I'm looking at you, Settlers 3.

6 years ago

One of the 2 things I like about GOG is that you get to play your games without getting spied on. Never installed Galaxy for that reason. Really not a fan of those new profiles (enabled by default and silently, mind you) for that reason too.

6 years ago*

I think they will add more privacy settings in the future. Now it seems like a very simple prototype of profiles and activity feed to me so I'd expect further updates in upcoming weeks or months :)

6 years ago

The privacy settings look okay, TBH. I mean, they're pretty much Steam-level. The problem is they enabled public profiles without even communicating about them... I found out about it by chance a few days ago :s

6 years ago

They announced it on their site, social media and GOG forums – guess they've done what they could to reach as many people as possible. Out of curiosity, is it possible to set your whole profile to private already?

6 years ago

Yup, you can set it to private and a bunch of other settings there: https://www.gog.com/account/settings/privacy

I don't know how I missed the announcement, I'm getting their newsletter, normally :s Still doesn't excuse setting it to enabled and public by default. That's tons worse than Steam's latest move to set the game list from public to friends-only by default and yet noone seems to be bothered nearly as much :s

6 years ago

Actually, it turned out I just received the newsletter "Introducing User Profiles" yesterday, so I hadn't missed it, they sent it (way) after rolling out the feature. Not cool 👀

6 years ago

They've resent it lately due to new features in profiles (like hiding it completely) so maybe it is the new one?

6 years ago

Nope, I've just checked all the e-mails I received from them since March 30, the only one that clearly mentions profiles is the one I received on May 1st. And it starts with "Your Profile is now online", so it doesn't sound like the update on privacy settings

6 years ago

Yup, I've received exactly same mail and it was second one :)

6 years ago

The return of Jonathan Kalo! =P

6 years ago

Can't believe some people still remember Jonathan Kalo :P

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

I will respond to this in like 2 days, as I usually do :P

6 years ago

Ok, a reasonable amount of time has passed – how's it going? :P

6 years ago

Ahahha.

It's ok, im in the countryside at my grandma place for may weekend :D

6 years ago

This is so nice! My May weekend is very busy, I'd happilly spend some relaxing time in the countryside as well :) Although I am in the countryside, unfortunately (or fortunately) still busy :P

6 years ago

https://www.gog.com/u/aj_semprini I only really play Gwent there, so welcome any Gwent players :)

6 years ago

I can't imagine building my games collection from scratch, but if I did it would probably be on Google Play and on Steam. Steam simply because of bundles (which are the simplest way to build a collection), Google Play because I mostly play on Android.

I personally prefer DRM-free, and I throw a bit of money at GOG occasionally, but if I'd want good value for money or something I'd actually play, they won't be my first choice.

6 years ago

Good point! Actually it's such a shame HB never make GOG bundles but there were bundles for Uplay, Origin, PS...

6 years ago

I guess GOG is happy with sales and doesn't feel that allowing 3rd party sites to sell keys will do much good (although this did happen for a small number of games: Defender's Quest had a GOG key in a Humble bundle, and The Witcher 3 from Humble comes as a GOG key).

6 years ago

6 years ago

I^v^I/

6 years ago

https://www.gog.com/u/zelghadis - but I don't really play much at Galaxy, prefer DRMFree, where I can apply mods (and HD mods are pretty much must-have for playing these great oldies ;p)

6 years ago

I've never installed the mods myself so I wonder – is there a place where I can download mods that I can trust won't do any harm to my PC?

6 years ago

first of all - if you have an antivir it's rather safe, but other than that - use common sense ;) Popular hub for many mods is Nexus, you will find mods for many games there and all are pretty much trustworthy, but you will also find a lot of mods on outside websites. For example mod I am currently using for HOMM3 is not featured on Nexus but on their own website. General rule if you're a newbie to modding and you're afraid of rogue files - don't do google search and download first thing you find, instead go to community hubs for game you want to mod. GOG forums for said game, Steam forums, Steam Community Guides also very often offer modding guides. there you will find propositions of stuff that's been already tested by other users who have more experience in mods than you have, and you are safer because someone already tried these files and they didn't harm their PC ;)

6 years ago

Thank you for the response, zelgh – that's really useful piece of information here <3

6 years ago

you're welcome ;) I'm not heavyweight in modding myself - will not install 200 mods on Skyrim, ot change models, or make absolutelly new games etc usually - but especially for older or bugged games modding is great. Playing old games in moders resolutions (and especially in widescreen res, as most of them were developed only for 4:3) really helps. Also a lot of broken games got fixed by modding community and it's totally different experience. For example Unofficial Patch for Vampire The Masquarade Bloodlines chnges it from broken game that never got fixed into one of my most beloved RPGs of all times ;)

Oh and as for websites - how could I forget, you can also find shitload of trustworthy mods on ModDB

6 years ago

But Galaxy is not a DRM. It is just an UI acting as a game launcher and now with social features.

Installing any mod to a game purchased at GOG should need the very same steps if you use Galaxy or not

6 years ago

nope, it works like you say only if your mod is modifying existing files associated with Galaxy, but a lot of mods, especially HD remake mods, require outside launchers. Good example here is mentioned by me above HoMM3 HD+ mod (clicky). After installing it you will have a separate app that will be able to launch HoMM3 in HD res with additional options you desire (like new UI buttons for example), but if you launch the game via Galaxy it will launch basic unmodded version. ALso from what I see GOG does not allow to add out-of-GOG games to library like Steam does. So from Galaxy I can launch only normal version of HoMM, if I want to play it with my HD+ mod I must play outside of Galaxy.

6 years ago

Ah yes, I understand what you mean now, since you cannot modify the galaxy launch options in order to launch the modded .exe instead of the original one it becomes a problem. I will ask at the beta thread for Galaxy if they plan to add such a useful feature

just want to clarify that this still not counts as a "DRM" since galaxy does not inject code into the .exe of a game in order to prevent unauthorized usage like Steam and other platform does.

6 years ago

yeah, I understand what you mean, I worded myself badly in my first comment ;)
Ofc version we see in client is still the very same DRMFree version, just what I meant is that a lot of HD remake mods require modifying these DRMFree files, and these cannot be then launched via Galaxy. And even if they could - it would still not track time nor progress of modified game (as these are fdifferent exacutables). So even if I added HoMM3HD+ to Galaxy my timer for HoMM3 would remain 3 minutes ;p So for someone like me who uses GOG mostly to play old games, and these games most of the time require heavy modding for pleasant play - I will still launch most of stuff outside of Galaxy ;) If you want mods just switch one textures for another in original game files etc Galaxy will be fine, but for major reworks which can be done with a lot of 'good old games' - it will not, and I see no technological way for it to work (they cannot really make a db of all processes for all possible rework-mods and use them to track game data ;p).

6 years ago

6 years ago

I^v^I/

6 years ago

I repurchase the Steam games that I want to preserve if they don't appear on GOG Connect (or will likely never do it, like for example Dying Light). I fully support GOG and their DRM-free crusade, and I'd probably be a DRM-free gamer only, if I started from scratch today. Steam is a golden prison, so people happily accept to be imprisoned there.

I'm mostly a singleplayer gamer, but if you want you can add me on GOG: https://www.gog.com/u/Desmight

Ps: I don't guarantee that I'll keep everyone in my friendlist forever

6 years ago*

I am a bit surprised people like Steam so much since every update it seems to be less and less user friendly :P I hope GOG will continue to grow and eventually become an equal rival to Steam so we could get 'look-I-am-much-better-platform-than-the-other-one' race that will benefit the gamers side. Call me a dreamer :P

6 years ago

Monopoly is prolly never a good thing and I love GoG.

6 years ago

Voting "other" because we don't actually need a "platform" to store a library of PC games.
Said platforms are the ones forcing us to go through them, resulting in the comment right above me "repurchasing on platform X a game I already own on platform Y because just in case" 👀

6 years ago*

On one hand I agree, on the other hand though it is just more convinient in some ways for example:
– you don't use your space on the HD to storage all the games you've bought,
– you can quickly buy whatever you want without waiting weeks for it,
– you have all your library in one place,
– you can play your games on different computers without losing a progress thanks to cloud saves.
It has some downsides too, of course, and I fully agree with it.

6 years ago

GOG is much more convenient as a platform, though. The games don't have any DRM, so you can download the offline installers (.exe) and back them up on an hard drive or a bluray or whatever, and they'll always work without an online activation or an account. I repurchase the games I want to back up (not all my Steam games, of course). Backing up is not a "millennials" thing, I've accepted that, but I'm glad that GOG still provides something for us, the people who care about ownership, preservation etc.

6 years ago

Ehhh why the hell not https://www.gog.com/u/mousewithbeer

6 years ago*

Give this mouse a beer!

6 years ago

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

I'm ready :) Welcome friends!

https://www.gog.com/u/sepuq

6 years ago

♫ Hello sepoog, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again ♫

6 years ago

https://www.gog.com/u/FlorinMarius

I won't use it often but wouldn't mind a few friends. Also if I'd have to start from scratch I would probably give up early on.

6 years ago*

Hello there I^v^I/

6 years ago

https://www.gog.com/u/kamarae

Can add me if anyone would like :) Also, does anyone know off hand how to change the display pic on gog profiles? I feel like Im completely overlooking something simple, but I cant figure it out xD

edit: Nevermind lol I figured it out finally. Overlooked it god knows how many times

more edt: If anyone wants, feel free to add me on Steam. Im on there to chat a lot more and I wouldnt mind refilling with some friends to chat with. Been a bit lonely lately since Ive been back

6 years ago*

I was like 4 hours late to help you out – not my worst time though :P

6 years ago

Hey, thought that counts, right? :D

6 years ago

I certainly hope so :D

6 years ago

is like when you lose your keys and you keep searching them like crazy but you were holding them with your left had all this time and didn't notice

6 years ago

That happens to me more than Id like to admit ;x

6 years ago

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago*

Request sent I^v^I

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago*

That sweet solitude is getting a little bit bitter.
https://www.gog.com/u/Ruaben

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

that GIF reminded me when I was rejected from a job interview that I worked weeks to ensure success for, when I left the building my survival instinct just turned off and I kept crossing the streets without looking for cars, I walked all the way home because I didn't want to use public transportation so people couldn't see my miserable expression up close.

6 years ago

Sorry to bring back bad memories! Was it long ago or is it recent thing? I was rejected so many times I've just said screw it and opened my own business ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 years ago

it was some years ago, I am also self employed, I am done with the labor system of my country

6 years ago

I don't like the lyrics, but the sounds from the instruments are so beautiful!
Thanks for this piece of nostalgia ^^

6 years ago

I'm interested in this https://www.gog.com/u/axelalej
I hope they allow us to change profile names in the future like steam does, I'm no longer used to that username. I just started using GOG galaxy yesterday tho (I got curious as to why I had 0 hours), so my activity and stuff is still empty :/

6 years ago

You can ask support to change your nickname, they're pretty quick about it :) I've tried to change it to IovoI but it was already taken by someone unfortunately. Even though it might not be as convenient as changing you username on your own, it might prevent from scams (like there are on Steam) so I'm torned up between these 2 possibilities.

6 years ago

Oops, my secondary account is called AxelFlox so I guess I'm out of luck. I created accounts in everything I could think about with that name after someone impersonated me on steam once.
I accepted you on GOG by the way :)

6 years ago

Thanks! :D

You can try to write to them from both accounts and ask to just switch the nicknames :)

6 years ago

I suppose that's an option, but I'd rather just keep it as it is for now and see if they add a vanity name option in the future. Thanks for the tip tho :)

6 years ago

No problem! Whatever works for you the best :)

6 years ago

Thanks for sharing that info! While it is probably not gonna work, I will contact them and try to get MouseWithBeer on there too (it exist and it is mine, but I don't know the email for it anymore :/).

6 years ago

Good luck with it! Tell me how it went, I'm a bit curious :>

6 years ago

Thank you! I will, I just sent the ticket in a minute ago. I am not very hopeful but it was worth a try. Worst case scenario I will get it changed to a capitalized version of my current one (mouswithbeer) because the lack of capital letters really really bothers me :c first world problems, I know :D

6 years ago

I'm afraid they won't change it to mousewithbeer cos the guy who had 'my' username was named iovoi :(

6 years ago

I just got an answer and I am legitimately shocked.

Salutations !
Your wish has been granted :)
Best regards,

To be fair I gave them all the info I could to prove that the other account was actually also mine, but I can't believe they actually changed it. They didn't use capital letters like I wanted but I am not gonna be a pain in the ass and ask them again after this.

Now I need to go edit my other comment with the new and improved link :D

6 years ago

Wow, they are quicker than I remember xD Congrats, I'm glad you've managed to change it! And in a few weeks try again with capital letters :D

6 years ago

Yea they are insanely quick o.o Took 11 minutes this time and about 30 minutes the previous time I contacted them. I can safely say it is the best support I ever contacted and I had to deal with a lot (mostly really bad) ones.

I might do that, but on the other hand I don't want them to look at my ticket history and wonder what the hell is wrong with me :P

6 years ago

Hey, that's cool, add me guys! https://www.gog.com/u/Sulany

6 years ago

I^v^I/

6 years ago

https://www.gog.com/u/Sol.T.Ai

Sent friend req to you all. Thanks

6 years ago