As stated by Square Enix, they are ceasing to support the game, and will shut down all the servers on 31 May: https://www.nosgoth.com/blog/a-farewell-to-arms

I used to play the game, and it wasn't really bad, though it had some issues. It could have been much more, but it didn't have enough time and players to grow properly. Makes me a little bit sad.

Here's a couple of unrelated giveaways (L4+, end in about 4h):
http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/vrdKA/transocean-the-shipping-company
http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/ntaoA/steam-marines

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Thanks for the giveaways and R.I.P. Nosgoth!

8 years ago

Yeah the player retention issue is a tough one for that game.

8 years ago

Yep, starting a match took longer and longer, especially in the last months. And teams were way too mixed (very high levels with lowbies) :/

8 years ago

Really? Well, then I can remove another game from my library and don't have to worry about any progress getting lost.
I really liked that game. I played it right when I registered on Steam, 'cause I download everything labelled free to play so I had something to do before buying my first game. It was really good, a shame it goes offline.

8 years ago

Sad, if only they made a real Legacy of Kain game. Now we'll probably never see another game from the series.

Funniest part is officially/technically Nosgoth never even left beta.

8 years ago

Now we'll probably never see another game from the series.

According to the article on MMOBomb that might not be the case; "Any future Legacy of Kain project will be considered independently of Nosgoth and on the merits of the proposals alone.”

8 years ago

It's hopeful if Square Enix is saying that but Square Enix (whom bought Eidos) owns the IP and LoK lead is Amy Hennig and now works at Naughty Dog. Problems.

There have been 10 canceled LoK titles. If you're interested check out http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594576

It's highly doubtful anyone from the original team will ever be able to work on a new LoK title if it's even greenlit so trust me, it's dead and let me drown in my tears. Blood Omen for life.

8 years ago

2 Years ago i wrote short review on steam saying that it's just 'forever in beta cash grab'. I was right.

8 years ago

I have never even tried the game. It didn't look that fun and I heard complaints about its F2P model so I never bothered giving it a chance.

8 years ago

What happens with alot of multi player games.

8 years ago

Duh. It was obvious before it even came out ...

Battleborn will shut down after 2 years too. Competitive multiplayer games are bound to fail, IF you don't know how to keep them going. I said the same thing for Dead Island Epidemic too.

8 years ago

That last one failed hard... it lasted a few months, with few maps, almost no updates and not much to do except repeating the same maps forever... :/

8 years ago

Never knew about the game, but if the fan base is not enough, shut it down is normally the go way.

8 years ago

The inevitable fate of a non-mainstream multiplayer game... RIP, Nosgosth. We hardly knew ye.

8 years ago

Time to max those badges before card prices skyrocket.

8 years ago

I never got around to checking it out, but the dev team had some interesting ideas in terms of classes and teamplay.
I wish this game had p2p server support or allowed players to host their own servers.

That.. and offline bots!

8 years ago

^this

When multiplayer games die, developers should release server source code (or at least server binaries) :/ maybe someone will host them for free... Unfortunately it won't happen, it never happens :/

8 years ago

It's partly why I've given up playing MMOs (addiction & time sink aside)

sometimes fans have to reverse-engineer things to be able to emulate servers when they officially go down (not sure how legal they are)

8 years ago

This one seemed better than Dead Island Epidemic, that's a bit of a shame...

8 years ago

8 years ago

That's sad, It wasn't bad, played a couple of times :c

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.