For the year 2019 I have decided to change it up a bit to make it a bit more exciting than the same challenges every month.
When I have asked least month about what people would like it seemed that some people missed having a new theme every month but people also did not want to be too limited either due to the low amount of unplayed wins or just being stuck with a very specific theme they don't like. So I tried to come up with something that would make everyone happy, it is not perfect but I hope that with some feedback it will turn into the best that it can be :)

As you can see from the title of the topic the theme for January is:

Cleaning out my closet

(Big thank you to Moony1986 for coming up with it!)

Games that qualify for it are:

• Oldest wins - Games that are in the oldest 10% of your wins. If you already played them all, then the games in the oldest 20% qualify (and then 30%, 40%,…).
  • Wins idled for cards – Games that you have never played, just idled for cards.
  • Unfinished wins – Games that you have played before but never got around finishing them.
  • Neglected wins – Games that you’ve been meaning to play for a long time, but always ended up playing something else instead.

Since this months theme is incredibly broad I think everyone should be able to find some games that they can play so there is no need for me to add anything extra for those people who would happen to not have wins that would apply (that is bound to change in the next months)

Leaderboard

I shall add a leaderboard in the comments. For this month it will just be a simple leaderboard listing the number of beaten games, playtime hours and achievements for each person.

Here is a sample formatting for a table that you can use for you comments that would show all the data nicely. Of course feel free to add any columns that you would like for example a sub category of the challenge, date won, etc.

Game Achievements Hours of Playtime Status
Name of the game No. of achievement achieved / Total no. of achievements Hours played Beaten/Completed/Unfinished

You can copy paste the formatting for your comment here:

Game | Achievements | Hours of Playtime | Status 
:-: | :-: | :-: | :-:
Name of the game |  No. of achievement achieved / Total no. of achievements | Hours played | Beaten/Completed/Unfinished

Theme for March

Do you think you have a good idea for a theme for March? Leave it in the comments bellow. If I get more than 1 suggestion I will list them in the poll next month and the one with the most votes will become March's theme.

Giveaway

I might make a giveaway for the participants every once in a while (depending if I have any spare keys or not, won't be anything fancy, mostly just bundled stuff). Might be either a giveaway for everyone that has beaten at least one game and depending on the number of participants also a separate one for people who have completed the most. If there is anyone who would like to contribute a giveaway on a certain month feel free to contact me.

This month to kickstart the new year I will be sending a link to a invite only giveaway of Alan Wake's American Nightmare to everyone who has beaten at least 1 win in January.

Only other requirement is that you have made at least one public giveaway in the past to make the link delivery a bit easier.

Have already completed all your wins?

Then feel free to participate with your normal Steam backlog instead :)

Useful links:

Steam group
How Long to Beat
Do You Even Play, Bro? – kelnage’s script
BLAEO website - BLAEO application thread

Previous months:

2018: January - February - March - April - May - June - July - August - September - October - November - December
2017: January - February - March - April - May - June - July - August - September - October - November - December

I think I have covered everything, if you think I have missed something somewhere, have any suggestions or questions please don't hesitate to let me know :)

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Are you going to play any of your SG wins this year?

View Results
Yes.
No.
I haven't won anything yet.
I've already played all my SG wins.

Updated as of 31/1/2019 at 23:11 UTC +1
If there is anything missing that you played last minute and want it to be added in the leaderboard please feel free to contact me, otherwise the leaderboard will stay as it is.

SG username Number of achieved achievements Hours of Playtime Games beaten
Mikoy7 185 69.2 5
Moony1986 176 50.3 15
cece09 46 50.3 3
GarionPR 2 34.7 1
NoSenses 140 29.4 6
Saucisse 32 26.4 1
MouseWithBeer 6 22 1
Evilblacksheep 37 19.9 1
Noxco 20 17.5 2
Kyrrelin 1 16.9 2
Belmasv 43 15.6 2
Aethyna 25 14.8 1
quijote3000 20 13.5 1
Sylom 41 13 1
roflanWozmak 84 12.8 1
DarkDuck 15 10.1 1
The Ponz 16 9.6 1
Neofoxy 8 9.5 0
QueenB 6 8.8 1
ihcnab 17 7.9 1
enigma9q 39 7.2 2
jimmy09172000 1 5.7 1
ghidy77 58 5.4 1
akwilla 5 3 1
natblidas 6 2.4 1
Total: 1029 475.9 53

If you spot any mistakes please let me know :)

5 years ago*

Reply to this comment with the games you are going to play this month.

5 years ago

Happy New Year!!! ^_^

starting off with something not that old really (not even a year..), I may think of something more later on ;)

Game Link Hours of Playtime Status
Dark Train Achievements - 16/16 - Screenshots 9.6 FINISHED! (such a weird little nice game, quite hard at first, still confusing in the end xD)
maybe soon™ --- ---
Total: 16/16
5 years ago*

Happy New Year to you too! :)

5 years ago

Happy New Year! And thanks for carrying on :3

I'll probably go with neglected wins because there is a few of those looking at me from the bottom of the backlog :fear:

Stories: The Path of Destiny 37/37 20h Completed
5 years ago*

Happy New Year to you as well! ^^ And it is very much my pleasure to do so :)

:D Best of luck!

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago*

Happy New Year :) Wish you all the best for 2019.

I start with two games, that I played in challenges from last year but where I still miss achievements for completion.

I will add two games for each challenge from my normal backlog so I get some of them done too ;) They will be marked with a 🔙

Game Achievements (before / this month) Hours of Playtime (before / this month) Status
9 Clues 2: The Ward (35/4) / 39 (9.6 / 2.2) Completed
Ants! Mission of the salvation (8/12) / 20 (1.1 / 4.5) Completed
Flix and Chill 2: Millennials (3/20) / 23 (0.6 / 3.0) Completed
Last Day of June (18/3) / 21 (10.7 / 1.1) Completed
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (16/4) / 20 (9.3 / 1.7) Completed
Forgotten Places: Regained Castle (34/1) / 35 (7.6 / 0.4 ) Completed
Loot Hero DX (19/1) / 20 (8.4 / 1.5 ) Completed
My Coloring Book: Professions (6/34) / 40 (0.4 / 1.6 ) Completed
Puzzler World 2 (1/16) / 17 (0.8 / 13.8 ) Completed
Trigonometry (8/3) / 11 (0.6 / 0.3 ) Completed
Keep Rollin! (33/14) / 47 (0.7 / 0.6 ) Completed
Ace Of Words (10/8) / 18 (7.5 / 7.2 ) Completed
ROMBY (24/40) / 64 (0.4 / 6.4 ) Completed
Aqua Fish (2/9) / 11 (1.2 / 5.2 ) Completed
Food From The Sky (13/7) / 20 (0.2 / 0.8 ) Completed
A Bird Story 🔙 1 / 1 (1.4 / 1.6) Completed
The Room 🔙 5 / 5 (2.8 / 3,1) Completed
Portal 🔙 (4/8) / 15 (4.7 / 7.5) Unfinished
Total (without 🔙) 176 50.3
5 years ago*

Happy New Year and the best to you as well! :)

That is fine by me, thanks for marking them separately and best of luck beating them! :)

5 years ago

Happy new year

Last day of June 15 / 21 10h completed
5 years ago*

Happy new year to you as well! :)

5 years ago

If you would like to join the group of the event for some random giveaways here and there you can request to join it here :)

5 years ago

Starting the year by participating with a neglected win.

A Normal Lost Phone 13/13 2.5 Complete
The Long Dark 7/40 15 Done*

*Technically I didn't beat the two episodes that have been released thus far, but I made the decision to consider it beaten for now.
I made it very close to the end of the material until a broken game mechanic made it impossible to clear a certain battle. According to the forums it is something you can't fix yourself if it happens to you and all I can do at this point is to wait for the devs to fix their mess. Quite irritated by the situation, but at least I have ANLP properly beaten for the month.

5 years ago*

When you are top of the leaderboard but its because its based on time and shows everyone you are a nolifer

Ara Fell N/A 7.2 hours Completed - Unfinished
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom 39/39 42.3 hours Completed - Idled
Space Pilgrim Episode I: Alpha Centauri 7/7 0.8 hours Completed - Neglected
Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune N/A 4.2 hours Completed - Non Theme
5 years ago*

When you are top of the leaderboard but its because its based on time and shows everyone you are a nolifer

Good news for you then, you are second now because someone else has the same time but more achievements and completed games :P

5 years ago

Yep now they look worse because they played more. my time just went into 1 game thats not to bad but lots of them XD
Even if ara fell had achievements i still couldnt beat them in anyway of form

5 years ago

Someone else looks even worse now :P I can't tell for one game if all the hours were played this month or not but the people looking at the leaderboard don't know that ;)

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Game Achievements Hours of Playtime Theme Status
🎁 Regency Solitaire 17/17 (+17) 7.7 hrs Neglected/Oldest wins (August 2016) Completed
🎁 Cities: Skylines 47/97 (+10) 14.9 hrs Unfinished wins Beaten

(Note: I don't wanna "cheat" the leaderboards, but I'm including games gifted to me by SG users on here as well. I'm putting a 🎁 in front of the gifts.) Turns out I basically did the opposite of this month's challenge and played mostly new wins/gifts. :P

Been meaning to play Regency Solitaire for a long time and it was wishlisted as well, was nice to zen out to for a couple nights.
I was also given Cities: Skylines this month after I entered a GA for it and the user insanely kindly gifted it to me. I'd played it during both free weekends last year and really enjoyed my time with it, so excited to be able to sink my teeth into it even more!
And these don't count, but I won and 100%'d (achievements-wise) Redout: Enhanced Edition this week which has been an absolute blast and already one of my favourite games. The sense of speed and adrenaline you get is unreal, highly recommend!! Also completed Slash It 2 which was simplistic but intense, and "beat" Tragedy of Prince Rupert, which sadly didn't love as much as I'd hoped (plus would randomly get the worst fps drops and force restarts).

Yay it's back. :D Took a look at my stats from last year and I participated every month, beating 29 wins/gifted!
For future reference to myself, I'm starting 2019 having finished 85% of my wins and 61% of gifted. (Compared to Jan. I said, "Last year I beat 15 SG wins through these challenges. Starting off 2018 with 69% of wins beaten.")

Managed to play all of my wins from 2018 (besides my most recent win at the end of the year). Definitely happy and grateful for the games I received, so many fantastic new favourites of the year! Excited to see what the new year brings. :)

5 years ago*

Happy to see you back :)
Wow those are come impressive stats! Congrats and best of luck for this year ^^

5 years ago

Thank, same to you. :) I like your celebratory avatar btw, made me chuckle.

5 years ago

Haha thank you :D

5 years ago

Game Achievements Hours of Playtime Theme Status
Merchants of Kaidan 1/22 2.6 Oldest win playing
Space Legends: At the Edge of the Universe none 5.4 Neglected win Completed
Little Farm none 8.9 Neglected win Completed

I hope I will add some more. ;)

5 years ago*

So I have managed to smuggle some game here, hope it will get approved. ;D

5 years ago

Yay, congrats \o/

5 years ago

Hehe, thank you. :3
Maybe I will manage to add one more. ;)

5 years ago

Good luck! ^^ Looking forward to see what that other game will be :D

5 years ago

If you would like to join the group of the event for some random giveaways here and there you can request to join it here :)

5 years ago

Yay, glad you're back with this! Happy New Year!

I'm starting off with an Unfinished Win that I started over the holiday brake. I don't know that I'll finish it within the month, but I'll keep plugging away at it until I do. :)

Assassin's Creed Odyssey 12 / 61 25 Unfinished
5 years ago

Happy New Year to you as well! :)

Best of luck with it and enjoy :)

5 years ago

Thanks. I'm having a blast with it so far! So whether or not I finish it this month, I'll most certainly enjoy it!

It may spoil me for every other open-world game I play this year, though. Oh well. :)

5 years ago

Happy new year to you!
I think I'm gonna do a mix of everything this month. If I can.

The First Templar 41 / 50 13 Beaten
5 years ago*

Happy New Year to you as well! Best of luck and have fun :)

5 years ago

I'm finally back in action!
The second half of 2018 was a bit hectic. Many things changed in my life, including my PC. Although I continued to play my SG wins during this crazy time, things weren't predictable enough to participate in these fun monthly challenges.

I wish everyone a great 2019 filled with fantastic SG-wins-playing experiences and I welcome you, Mouse, as our new "play a game you won on Steamgifts" Overlord!

Game Achievements Hours of Playtime Type Status
Northmark: Hour of the Wolf 13/13 7.7 Unfinished wins Completed
Bardbarian 22/22 18.7 Oldest wins Completed
5 years ago*

Happy to see you join! :)

Have a great 2019 yourself and thank you for welcoming me as the overlord :P

5 years ago

Bump for completing both games!

5 years ago

Happy New Year!!!

Last year I beat 24 wins (85/111 total). Hopefully 2019 will be even better.

I'll start with Distrust, even though it does not qualify for the monthly theme, since I won it through Playing Appreciated.

I'll follow with Black The Fall (idled for cards) and Styx: Shards of Darkness (unfinished).

Distrust 22/56 6h Beaten
Black The Fall 14/14 3h Beaten
Styx: Shards of Darkness 22/38; 11 this month 6h Unfinished
5 years ago*

Happy New Year to you and best of luck! ^^

As a PA admin: you better play Distrust, I don't wanna be smacking any ban hammers :P

5 years ago

5 years ago

Updating my old and unfinished wins.

Game Achievements Hours of Playtime Category Status
Tropico 4 (57) 59 / 70 (115h) 150h Unfinished Playing
Total 2 35h - -
5 years ago*

Anything that remotely fits the theme of the month if fine. Anything else is also welcome but you might want to consider marking it in some way like for example here with the bottom 2 games.

5 years ago

5 years ago

Time to play those unfinished wins! 2019 is the year we accomplish things.

Tacoma 6/12 8.4 hrs Beaten (pretty fun for a walking simulator)
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut - - unfinished (will get to it after I get through Shadowrun Returns)
The Walking Dead - - unfinished
5 years ago

This month i will play with ''Wins idled for cards''
GAME : Hand of Fate : Achievements : 15/53 (Finished)

Edit: I finished the game.

5 years ago*

Hi all, I won this month a nice game and I couldn't resist to play and finish it already :) Also, it's my first win with 100% achievement progress.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered 58/58 5.4 Completed
5 years ago

I think I will start slowly, with a little game I played for a couple of minutes.

Game Achievements Hours of Playtime Category Status
Secrets of Rætikon 8/19 3h Unfinished wins(16min/3 achiev) Completed
5 years ago*

5 years ago

TIS-100 7/10 0 hours Unfinished
Total: 0 0 hours 0
5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago*

You can update any many times as you like :) I will check over it every once and a while when I update the leaderboard :) I have already updated it today, but since you are only 1 person with a nice updated chart I will include you already :) psh, you have a mistake with Robo Encryption, the game only has 1 achievement. Edit: nevermind you already fixed it :)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

You are. I will update it once I get to my PC :)

Edit: done

5 years ago*

5 years ago

To the Moon 1 / 1 5 hr 40 min Completed
ABC(?)
5 years ago

5 years ago

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! 45 of 45 (6 this month) 75 hours (22 this month) Completed
5 years ago

oh you did it! :D

5 years ago

Yup :D I am quite proud of this 100%, it is quite challenging and time consuming :)

5 years ago

I think i ll play some of my neglected wins. (or only one you never know)
Last day and i added one also XD

Foto Flash 15/16 1.3 Beaten
The Uncertain: Last Quiet Day 24/32 9 (but 2 hours i was eating XD) Beaten
Broken Age 11/45 4.4 Unfinished
5 years ago*

5 years ago

Hi, MouseWithBeer, i finally finished my study in this month and now i can play some games. It's my neglected win.
One more game - Access Denied (Win idled for card).

One Finger Death Punch 82 / 152 13.2 Beaten
Access Denied 2 / 7 5 (4 before Jan) Unfinished
5 years ago*

5 years ago

Happy new year, January has been a busy month, looking foward to Feb's vactation!

Game Challenge Type Achievements Hours of Playtime Status
AER Memories of Old Unfinished WIns 20/20 7.9 Finished
5 years ago*

Reply to this comments with your ideas for March's theme.

5 years ago

Okay I go first, maybe someone follows then 😉

March, named after the roman god of war leads me to the following suggestion:

"Marching on" challenge (to keep the song name references 😁)

• Games with war topic
  • Shooters
  • Walking Simulators
  • Survival games
  • Fighting games
  • And for people finding it hard to find a fitting game "long wins" would also fit as a march is usually quite long 😉
5 years ago

Can I just hire you to make up all the themes because you have some cool ideas? :D

March, named after the roman god of war

Today I learned

5 years ago

Haha let's see if someone else comes up with some other ideas 😉

Glad my Latin lessons where good for something 😁

5 years ago

If only to have a fun poll next month, I'll post an alternative suggestion! :)

March is the third month and 3 has a special place in human culture, originating from early mythology and surviving until the present day. Therefore, I suggest the "Rule of three" theme with the following options to choose from:

• The third oldest win
  • The third newest win
  • Games that have a "3" (or its variations) in their title
  • Games that have a "3" in their app ID
  • Games with exactly three playable characters
  • Games where you have to obtain exactly three of something (three parts, elements, special magic items)
  • Games with cats in them :3
  • (and finally) Any three SG wins, but only three (Four shalt thou not play, neither play thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out!)
5 years ago

But Valve doesn't know what the number 3 :D

Nice idea! I like it :3 I would have never in my wildest dreams come up with the app ID thing.

Good luck in the poll next month then :)

5 years ago

You're right, I forgot about Valve and their special relationship with this number. We should probably add one more option:

• Play a Valve game to teach them a lesson of threefulness
5 years ago

We don't need a poll, it has cats in it 😂

5 years ago

Well - March is the time of Lent in Christianity, so to suffer a bit you can play a game with the worst steam score amoung your backlog :D

5 years ago

Ohhhh evil, I like it >:D

5 years ago

No idea what I'm gonna play, I know I'll at least get 1 game finished though since I'm gonna be a picked a sg win so we will have to wait and see. I'll also look and consider what else I might feel like playing. Good job on the changes your doing, glad to see this staying with a little bit of everything. Mostly staying the same with a little bit of the old themes and even considered adding in prizes. Now your poll I think I can manage 1 in a whole year even if I wasnt doing it this month but that sad 1 saying no. We need to get them the best win ever!

Oh im so stupid im playing a sg win now. dont mind me saying I have no idea what I'll be playing for this

5 years ago*

I guess that one game is Ara Fell? I just approved it for PA earlier :) If you started it last year feel free to reply to my comment above since it would count as unfinished :)
Yea I thought a little bit of everything and seeing what sticks might be a good approach :) There is 2 people saying no now, which is quite surprising to me, playing a single win in a year should not be a hard thing at all. (unless you have played all your wins already, but there is an different option for that).

5 years ago

:o tracking my wins but yep you are correct nice little game still got a bunch to play more but very enjoyable. started it pretty much after i won it so would be an unfinished win according to this month, ill be back to mark it down when I finished

5 years ago

Just doing my job as a PA admin ;) Glad to hear you are enjoying it ^^

5 years ago

She's a big stalker...

5 years ago

Pffft go play your wins instead of talking shit about me :P

5 years ago

I have some wins from years ago that I've been meaning to look at but I always stick to the same games :( I'm going to look at Supreme Ruler 2020 this month!

5 years ago

Then the "Neglected wins" sub-category is perfect for you :) Best of luck with it! :)

5 years ago

Happy New Year! Looking forward to taking part in the challenge again after such a long while. I'm sure you'll able be able to find a middleground in the challenges that'll leave participants satisfied. :)

5 years ago

Happy New Year to you too! Happy to see you participate this month :) I really hope so, if you have any suggestions for them please let me know ^^

5 years ago

I think you mean February instead of March?

5 years ago

No, I already have a theme for February :)

5 years ago

I like this idea! At the end of year I have chosen some wins to play, but it's more like selection of new, middle aged and old ones. X)
But some of them may qualify even here, I will see what can be done about it. ;)

All the best to the New Year! :3

5 years ago

If you do play anything that qualifies in any way please feel free to post it ^^

Best to you as well! :)

5 years ago

Participating with a newly won game :)

Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth 25/41 14 Completed

This is my first time joining such challenges on SG so I hope I'm doing it right :) Happy 2019!

Progress updated: 5/1/19 --- 8/1/19 (All done! :) I was not disappointed by the story - it is as epic as the miniseries I've watched perhaps even better because in this game, you actually get to make decisions that can have major consequences)

5 years ago*

Happy 2019 to you as well! ^^

Nice win! Hope you will enjoy it :)

The only better thing to do would be replying to this so the comments with games are together, but it does not disqualify you or anything if you don't. I shall remember to look down here for your progress :)

5 years ago

Doh! Must have scrolled by it a bit too quickly - I completely missed that comment. Thanks for pointing it out though, and for not disqualifying me! :)

5 years ago

No worries, happens ^^

5 years ago

5 years ago

Can I join?

5 years ago

Anyone can. All you need to do is to reply to this comment with which games you are playing/going to play that fit the theme.

5 years ago

So do you get people to just comment on your comment to keep everyone's progress together?
I have actually read that spoiler part and yes it was confirmed. Ill just keep this here so we dont have a random deleted comment
Ill remember to do it like that from now on since before I was just posting it as a new thing on its own

5 years ago

gonna try out Monaco AGAIN.

5 years ago

Mr Shifty 3/14 1 this month and 0 before Unfinished
5 years ago

Bumpy :)

5 years ago

Game SteamGifts/Backlog Achievements/Screenshot Status
Little Nightmares SteamGifts Achievements finished
Marcus Level SteamGifts Achievements finished
Watch_Dogs SteamGifts Screenshot finished
Watch_Dogs: Bad Blood SteamGifts Screenshot finished
Beat Cop SteamGifts Achievements finished
SUPERHOT Backlog Achievements finished
Figment SteamGifts Achievements finished
5 years ago*

Updated!

5 years ago

Updated! I couldn't take screenshot through steam because steam overlay doesn't work in Watch_Dogs anymore.

5 years ago

Updated!

5 years ago

And updated the leaderboard :) I can't tell how much Watch Dogs was played this month so I just went with the full 40 hours. If it was not 40 hours and you have an estimate how much it was please feel free to let me know :)

5 years ago

You can check it more or less when you enter lately played games on steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/mikoy7/games/
37.3 in last 2 weeks and that's will be it. Rest is very old :)

5 years ago*

Oh man I am an idiot and forgot that even existed, thanks! I usually just check on the achievement page but I couldn't do that for Watch Dogs since it doesn't have any. I will edit the time in the leaderboard then even if it won't change much and you will still say on the top ^^

Congrats!

5 years ago

I finished 2 other quick games Beat Cop and Figment :)

5 years ago

I will update the leaderboard later today :)

5 years ago

Updated!

5 years ago

Updated!

5 years ago

Bought the sequel of the Inner World during the Christmas sale, might as well tackle it, considering my small backlog group is also having an adventure theme for the first quarter.
I hope I'll have time for it this weekend, because I won't have much gaming time beyond that. :|

5 years ago

Unrelated funny video bump!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHGLN8ywYQ8
(the audio is a bit NSFW)

5 years ago

Excuse me while I go spam this link to my friends :D

5 years ago

That last place looks really depressing. XD
Oh well, serves me well, playing other games instead. XD

5 years ago

we still have 2 weeks WE believe in you!

5 years ago

WE? There is more of you?! O.O
XD

5 years ago

I believe in you too! ^^
I need to find something I can put on the board myself D:

5 years ago

I have to accumulate all my gaming power then! :D
I think you will be successful for sure. :3

5 years ago

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you make it ^^

I have already completed 3 SG wins (and played some more), but none of them fit under the theme :( sigh time to go 100% Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 :)

5 years ago

Thank you. :3

I know that very well! I have started other wins and now I am sorry to abandon them. ;) Oh I have won Cook, serve, delicious 2 too! XD But I want to complete the first one first. :)

5 years ago

Feel free to edit any qualifying wins you have played into your comment so the bottom if the leaderboard will look more happy :P

I prefer the 2nd one over the first one, but they are both great games ^^

5 years ago

I would love to, but I fear that none what I am playing currently qualifies... As I have started them after this event started, so I am not sure I could include them here. ;)
But at least Monthly challenge on BLAEO looks promising. :3

5 years ago

Maybe something that would fit under neglected wins?

The list of games for the BLAEO challenge is to long for me to bother checking them, but I did see Cat quest there so I might go finish that.

5 years ago

I am afraid that the vast majority of my wins could be taken as neglected, tehehe. ^^

You can't go wrong with Cats! :3

5 years ago

How about "Wins idled for cards"?

E. g. you have zero achievements in "Snake Pass", "Unbox: Newbie's Adventure" and "Kholat" so I guess you just idled them. Can't say if these would be good choices, as I haven't played them myself but maybe you find something nice at your wins with "Steam trading cards" :)

5 years ago

I have been meaning to tackle my unfinished wins actually, so I can maybe reduce the absurd about of games I have installed (over 170). I just haven't had the time to get around to that yet except spending about 15 hours in Cook, Serve, Delicious 2, but that has not been enough yet to complete the game.

I do very much appreciate your effort to look through my games (and you are 100% right about them just being idled) but I am not missing those, just missing the time :/ Do you happen to have a time machine hidden somewhere? :P

5 years ago

Haha unfortunately I don't have one. This would be quite handy. Or such a time thingly like in Harry Potter. I could finally start to clear my movie and series backlog too (which is even bigger than my game backlog) ;)

I concentrated on finishing some games this month too. All of them where wins which were part in a former "play a game you won on steamgifts" challenge. I marked all of them with the ESGST tagging function either with "unfinished X" or "unfinished Y" which means that I either am not able to finish them (because of missing skill, errors in the game or a missing DLC) or I could with a little more time. The latter I try to complete this month.

But I guess it's a little more complicated for you as the percentage of completed wins are definitely higher then for me =)

WIshing you good luck with Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 then ;)

5 years ago

Dammit! I was really hoping you had one :(

You did some great progress this month already! Completing as many games as you have (even if they were started already) is a pretty impressive thing! ^^ TIL that you can tag games with ESGST. I already use BLAEO to categorize all my games, but you never know when it comes in handy. Thanks for making me aware of it :)

Thank you! I am happy to say that after spending the whole afternoon playing it I am 2 achievements and somewhere around 2 hours away from completing it \o/ And now I get to regret deciding that I am going out this evening or I would have been able to be done with it today already >.>

5 years ago

There we go I was gonna say me and mousewithbeer but they got you before I could

5 years ago

Thank you for the support! :3

5 years ago

Hey, not sure if it was a good idea or not, but I made a few giveaways for members of the Steam group. So in case you are still part of it, you might want to check... or not.
The links are in the group's discussions tab. Or you can find them by browsing the Group section on Steamgifts.

5 years ago

The group is a leftover from when Skanda used to run this thread and the people in it are the people who used to participate back then (which are also some of the people who participated now too). While I am set as admin there I actually can't invite/kick people out, I need to talk to Skanda about it but it might take a couple of days.
If you want to reach people who participated in this one invite only GAs would be better, but if you are generally interested to just give to people who participated in the past months 👍👍

Edit: sent Skanda a message about it, hopefully she answers in time so I can approve some more deserving people into the group :)

5 years ago*

Maybe I should have asked before doing them... oh well.
And I'm cool with having anyone who participated (for real) at least once to get the games. Life gets in people's way, but at least I know that they actually might play their wins one day.

5 years ago

I have gotten the right to invite people now so I will try to get everyone who participated this month in once I get the time.
All good then :)

5 years ago

Great then. I might do some more next month, but I'll most likely do them longer. Either half of the month or the entire month. Not sure yet.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Completed my last win for this month so have a bump for 1 week left

5 years ago

So I finished my challenge for this month and will try to get unfinished games from my backlog in the remaining days of January. First one is Portal, which I beat years ago but didn't complete it yet =)

Looking forward to next months challenge :D

5 years ago

Portal, which I beat years ago but didn't complete it yet

Can you please let me know how much of a pain in the ass it is to complete once you are done? I am in the same situation as you.

Glad to hear! Same here too even if it will have me digging around my wins a bit to find something that applies to the theme :) It will be up a tiny bit later than usual due to IRL stuff, but I will try my best to have it up by the end of the first day

5 years ago

I would actually be surprised if you didn't find any whitelist GA win or win from a whitelisted user among your wins ;)

Regarding Portal... I'm actually not sure if I will be able to get all the achievements for the challenges, they are quite tough (or I'm just too bad 😁)

5 years ago

Oh I definitely have some, it just takes a bit more effort to find than just looking at a nice sorted BLAEO list ;) I took a look at my last 10 pages (225 giveaways) of wins and I found 5 unplayed wins that I have won from giveaways that included whitelists. I will probably just be very lazy and pick one of those :P
And amusingly enough on the 10th page I did also spot something I won from you, but its DLC so I am not really sure I could add that to the played as the base game wouldn't apply to the theme :/

Oh that doesn't sound too fun :/ I wish you the best of luck with them! ^^

5 years ago

Thanks for the Soul Of Mask giveaway dude!

5 years ago

I think you have commented on the wrong thread ;)

5 years ago

Ah oops lol Moony1986 was promoting your thread in his giveaways. I just assumed it was his thread :P

5 years ago

Ahhhh, I wasn't aware of the giveaways :)

5 years ago

Today I will hopefully complete another game, but I am not sure if I will be able to update my post. Would it be okay when I do it tomorrow or during the weekend? o.O

5 years ago

Yup, its fine. Just send me a message and I will update the leaderboard with the game for you :)

5 years ago

Aaaand updated! :D

I have even opened one achievement for Merchants of Kaidan. X) Oh well, the next target is decided. ;)

5 years ago

I no joke just went past your comment seeing if there is anything new thinking you haven't updated yet but I just haven't refreshed :) Will be adding it in in a second ^^

5 years ago

Haha, yay! I am in the TOP 10. :D
For now, until others update too. XD

I am updating my stats on BLAEO too, also have to write proper report. ;)

5 years ago

Unless someone pulls some last minute magic you are staying in the top 10, congrats! :)

I just did mine for the month before I went to update the leaderboard. Good luck with yours :)

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

You can. I will update the leaderboard and send you a link in a tiny bit :)

Edit: done :)

5 years ago*

Closed 5 years ago by MouseWithBeer.