I don't think I've been to any particularly big ones like that but back when I used to live in the Netherlands, the town I lived in had its own castle in the woods, it was kinda cool :D
Comment has been collapsed.
Mont Saint Michel is an abbey. But yeah, gigantic abbeys are as awesome as castles. :D
Neuschwanstein all the way, haven't been there though.
Comment has been collapsed.
It's even better than the pictures. Even with it being unfinished. Especially with all the back story, like how it's unfinished and the mysterious circumstances around Ludwig II's demise.
Comment has been collapsed.
Visited that one too. What can I say, It's pretty but I've expected much more of the castle where infamous Dracula lived (like the spookiness of Hunedoara castle). Instead, it looked more like a doll house to me (probably because the queen lived there?). I regret not visiting Rasnov fortress, because it's pretty near, but didn't have time :(. Looks promising..
Comment has been collapsed.
The Mt Saint Michel makes me think to Notre Dame de la Garde in Marseilles France who overhangs the city, pretty impressive view.
Comment has been collapsed.
It's been renovated a few times, but this beauty took my breath away. It's open to the public 24 hours man. Name me another castle that does that.
In all serious-ness, I think my favourite castle (that I've been to), is Windsor Castle. Not as cool as your castles, but cool for me!
Comment has been collapsed.
Most beautiful castles are in germany, austria and romania. Someone already mentioned Veles castle in romania, I'll show you some german ones
http://i.imgur.com/BBuCP.jpg
http://www.brodyaga.ru/images/Germany/Burg%20Eltz%203.jpg
the fuck, dunnow how to make image previews
Comment has been collapsed.
I'm spanish, living near granada, la alhambra is nice but not what I'd say a typical castle (it's a mixed of muslim-christian castle). Alcazar of segovia is amazing, I leave you another spanish castle really nice, the one in Navarra
http://www.destinosa1.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Castillo-de-Olite-en-Navarra03.jpg
and of course the place of birth of my mother, in france
http://macpik.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/carcassonne-foto.jpg
Comment has been collapsed.
The image previews come with the Steamgifts Plus
And to make clicky links: [text here][]()(http://www____ here)
Comment has been collapsed.
Predjamski grad
Unfortunately it's much nicer outside than inside.
Ljubljanski grad
It's a castle above our capital, it not huge by any standard but it has a lot of cultural activity in it's courtyard.
Comment has been collapsed.
6 Comments - Last post 47 minutes ago by AllTracTurbo
154 Comments - Last post 1 hour ago by hoangmarcel
2 Comments - Last post 4 hours ago by paco7533
1,926 Comments - Last post 6 hours ago by shiranui112
5,799 Comments - Last post 6 hours ago by Calibr3
1,507 Comments - Last post 11 hours ago by MeguminShiro
2,187 Comments - Last post 15 hours ago by AdJ
296 Comments - Last post 13 minutes ago by Fenris77
322 Comments - Last post 20 minutes ago by Galca95
41 Comments - Last post 1 hour ago by CheMan39
33,093 Comments - Last post 2 hours ago by 123pln
119 Comments - Last post 2 hours ago by refat17
56 Comments - Last post 2 hours ago by Sundance85
12,301 Comments - Last post 2 hours ago by LegolasGreenleaf01
I'm a huge fan of Castlevania games, and castles themselves, and I've visited several, but my favorite two (can't pick one because both are equally awesome) are Alcazar of Segovia and Hunedoara.
1st on my wishlist to visit it Mont Saint Michel
Where have you been, and what are your favorites?
Comment has been collapsed.