I did contact him right after it said the key was duplicate and he offered me like 3 other games that are worth like 50 cents and I have no interest in. He said he didn't have another copy of Supreme Commander. He started actually yelling at me for speaking English because he didn't understand it. When I asked what language he spoke so I could use Google translate, he just removed me. I should have mentioned that in the post.
Comment has been collapsed.
Just for the record: from SG point of view it does not matter if a "replacement game" catches your interest or not. When a gift is marked as received, it has to be present on your Steam profile, otherwise you can easily get a suspension (see somewhere at the bottom of roles). While humankillerz has some truth in his words, that card should not be played out too often as violating the rules repeatedly leads to a permanent ban
Comment has been collapsed.
it does (I mean, show up after you mark it either way)
Comment has been collapsed.
123 Comments - Last post 30 minutes ago by EaglePB2
1,919 Comments - Last post 1 hour ago by LinustheBold
18,717 Comments - Last post 9 hours ago by fr0zenX
25 Comments - Last post 10 hours ago by spodamayn
6 Comments - Last post 12 hours ago by Formidolosus
23 Comments - Last post 15 hours ago by SirChrisSwan
134 Comments - Last post 16 hours ago by jarzzz
35 Comments - Last post 17 minutes ago by Talien
40 Comments - Last post 33 minutes ago by Axelflox
1,099 Comments - Last post 1 hour ago by Amitmorl
51 Comments - Last post 1 hour ago by Wolfgang6688
449 Comments - Last post 2 hours ago by RePlayBe
5,848 Comments - Last post 2 hours ago by masterbubu87
36 Comments - Last post 3 hours ago by Boson
So 6 days ago I won a giveaway of Supreme Commander and the creator, who shall remain anonymous so I don't get suspended, provided a CD-Key through the giveaway system. However, upon trying this CD-Key, which I had done 40 minutes after the giveaway had ended, the game was not redeemed to my account due to it being a duplicate key.
Now, upon realization of this, I decided to simply wait 7 days for the "Not Received" button to show up and select that. My question is, am I doing anything wrong by waiting 7 days? Are there any other steps I must/should take?
EDIT: I did contact him right after it said the key was duplicate and he offered me like 3 other games that are worth like 50 cents and I have no interest in. He said he didn't have another copy of Supreme Commander. He started actually yelling at me for speaking English because he didn't understand it. When I asked what language he spoke so I could use Google translate, he just removed me. I should have mentioned that in the post.
Comment has been collapsed.