I've never run a Steam group so this is surely headed for disaster. But I gave in a few months ago and subscribed to Humble Monthly and I haven't played a single one of those games yet. So I was thinking it'd be fun to find some other people in the same predicament and play some of the monthly games every month and have space to talk about it.

I don't mean syncing up for co-op and whatnot though that's certainly an option - I just mean "Hey what are you playing from the bundle this month? Oh, Kingdom New Lands? Me too - have you figured out how to do the thing with the thing at that thing?"

Before I do the exhausting button-clicking work at Steam to create a group and in case anyone has a better idea for a name than Humble Monthliers I thought I'd float the idea here and if it falls flat I will have saved myself all that clicking. So ... consider the idea floated...

UPDATE

Ladies and Gentlemen, we've crossed my secret arbitrary threshold of interested number of people which I'd written previously on a post-it note and which I've now destroyed. I've gone and initiated the apocalypse by creating a Steam group.

Humble Monthliers
Playing Humble Monthly Games Monthly
A cozy place to get together and figure out what the heck, whether you're currently subscribed to Humble Monthly or not.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thehumblemonthliers
It's public - join at will!

(I loved the name suggestions, but I decided to keep the name as obvious as possible).

Tell me what I've done wrong.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Even if I will be busy with The Witcher 3 the next couple of months, I think this is a good idea! Count me in.

7 years ago

Welcome! mmm Witcher 3. Some day. The first two are still sitting there in my backlog... I finally completed the main story in Skyrim though, so maybe Witcher is getting closer.

7 years ago

Interested. Also I am playing Kingdom new lands finished 3 days ago still playing it's addictive

7 years ago

Join us if you haven't! The group is public. I'd definitely be playing some more Kingdom if I had the time.

7 years ago

I subscribed for Humble Monthly for the Total War: Warhammer game, from then, I subscribed each month, but haven't played all those games yet :p

Just joined the group :D

Tried Event[0] lately and I can describe the game with three letters: WOW. Funny, emotive and addictive. Would love a SOMA plot with that kind of gameplay.

7 years ago

I'm on the fence with Event[0]. You might have just convinced me to give it a try. Steamspy has average play time at 2½ hours. Is it really that short?

7 years ago

It is! I explored a lot ingame and have 2 hours recorded on my Steam. Even though being short, the game have a pretty unique kind of game style that deserve a shot.

Mouse move your point of view and keyboard is only used to interact with the artificial intelligent robot, by typing on terminals. You can speak with him (actually you need to speak with him to know about the game story and to progress) and give him commands (opening doors, turning on/off lights, etc). You can make him like you or hate you, based on what you type. There are three different endings, depending on how you played the game (and mainly, how you played the end of the game). And all those three deserve a try :p

7 years ago

I finished it this weekend. I only played it being nice to the AI the whole time I'll check out some videos of the other endings. It was fun - it reminded me of good times talking to Zork and such back in the day.

7 years ago

It's not a AAA title, but it grants short fun with its unique gameplay :p glad you tried it

7 years ago

I started with May 2016 Humble Monthly resulting perfect game for Mad Max :D.
Bought February 2017 Humble Monthly for XCOM 2 .
I got drunk and bought April 2017 Humble Monthly (don't jugde me ) and got Black Messa and traded The Witness for 2 good games .
I will but today May 2017 Humble Monthly for Dirt Rally

So as a conclusion I buy monthlies only when the shown games are great and when I drink to much PS also because I have few games in my library :V .

7 years ago

I love that you know the story of each bundle you bought. Mad Max has been on my wishlist forever, but it took until recently for my willpower to crumble and I just gave my credit card to HumbleBundle and told them, "Keep them coming."

7 years ago

I just bought May's bundle for Dirt Rally, I wanted to play racing games/ simulators , I want to buy a staring wheel so I can exercise driving because I want to buy a car :V

7 years ago

I honestly haven't played a racing game since Pole Position on the Commodore 64.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR75ZpwHOBs

7 years ago

Damn , that sound , you made remember such sweet memories ... here have a BIG BUMP :D

7 years ago

Haha I didnt' think anyone else would remember. If you liked that one - here is my favorite racing game from back then: Night Driver on the Atari 2600:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH7iMzEHOxg

7 years ago

This one I didn't play but if it brings memories like how this one gave me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR75ZpwHOBs then that is a good thing there :D

7 years ago

Oh what a great memory :-)))

7 years ago

:)

7 years ago

I forgot I was in this group! :)

Here's a game that I absolutely loved on C64:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmGUzuSW5PU

6 years ago

Oh wow, what a hit of nostalgia! I still remember the MS-DOS version from my early childhood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysoXmhtWy0

6 years ago

The music on the C64 was so great :) I played a lot of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdfIfC9BHwQ

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

:D

7 years ago

92nd member

7 years ago

This is currently the 2nd most popular thing I've ever done in my life lol.

7 years ago

the first being ? XD

7 years ago

I wrote a book - you can find out more at liamperrin.com if you're interested. Thanks for asking :)

7 years ago

went through the few excerpts on the site.. thats some good stuff more peopl need to know about ! Good luck !

7 years ago

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

6 years ago

I've heard good things about Stellaris - I haven't tried it yet. I'm afraid I've fallen into an MMO and I can't get up.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

oh I see :( well that's a bummer. That's one of the reasons I finally subscribed - too many games went by that I wished I had.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

oh! well I'm happy you found it (and us!)

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.