Finally something "concrete" about the release date of GTA V for PC.

Clicky

Feeling brave? http://www.microsoftstore.com/

My PC is the only platform i got at the moment and i'm an old fan of the GTA franchise, so i'll grab this the moment it comes on steam.

How about you guys?

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Generic placeholder day :P

Edit: Also looks like reflink.

9 years ago

It was the same link of the news site, but...
Cleaned it a bit, ty for the heads up!

9 years ago

Yeah, they just don't know what they're writing about.

9 years ago

Expect it to delay to March 2015.

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

It seems a strange date. Why after Christmas?

9 years ago

It's just a placeholder. Fall this year.

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

9 years ago

Imagine all the "happy" people involved with its launch date that will be working overtime on holidays...

This game will be so full of hatred feelings! lol

9 years ago

9 years ago

those are just ports

9 years ago

Unlike GTA V, which is a complete PC exclusive...

9 years ago

don’t wanna ruin your perceptions, but even port (dont forget about new consoles) of GTA is still multiple times more important (businesswise) than launch of 99,9% of other games

9 years ago

FIFA 13 wasn't released on 31st, at least Wikipedia is saying that and the games for 2014 are just placeholders, so yeah he's right.

9 years ago

First of all, why would Microsoft "announce" the games release date? They aren't developer... publisher... anything.

Second, why would Microsoft announce the game's delay (remember, Rockstar OFFICIALLY said Fall 2014... not Winter/Holidays/Christmas)?

Third, what're the odds Rockstar would choose the popular retailer "we don't know the release date, so let's just put something" date to release their game?

9 years ago

Ty for describing my "concrete" quotes! =D

9 years ago

MS has its own video game store front that sells, gasp PC games.
It is very common for devs/publishers to give a vague date for release and for stores in turn to advertise said date and game even if the game wont come out for MONTHS.

9 years ago

I'm aware that Microsoft apparently sells games... that in no way gives them reliable authority to "announce" anything official on behalf of the publishers/developers. And even if it were the rare scenario that they were, this certainly doesn't seem like the case.

ZOMG, Amazon sez Dec 31st too!!
http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-PC/dp/B00KVXB5YQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408663341&sr=8-1&keywords=Grand+Theft+Auto+V+PC

THEY sell PC games! It must be true... GASP!

I have a bridge to sell ya, champ.

9 years ago

It's just a placeholder, game will come in November or will have a delay. But probably there will be no delay, because there are more and more evidences that GTA V is done.
Latest news: in last AMD Drivers (kind of) you can find graphics profiles for GTA V with final .exe, look here: Link
Also people found text in files in latest LastGen patch about saves in NG, look here: Link

I'm hardcore GTA fan and I'm reading few GTA forums. Sorry for all bugs in the above text, but I just wake up and I'm kinda Half Life :D

9 years ago

Why would you purposedly make me believe you hid a Half-Life ga in there, as a bug?
that's not fair dude, you've played with my emotions, on a GTAV for pc thread, none the less!

PS: I'm just joking eh, last thing I want is people accusing me of something nasty. LOL

9 years ago

Ty for those infos! Every little bit helps to build up the "sure"! =P

9 years ago

Nobody would ever release a game on December 31st when they can just as easily rush for a christmas release.

9 years ago

Games for windows live on GTA V.. nice. i just changed my mind, i won't buy it. fuck gfwl, i'll just keep playing gta san andreas

9 years ago

Microsoft Store sells more than GFWL games. You can also get games like Skyrim (Steamworks) and Splinter Cell Blacklist (uPlay) and Titanfall (Origin). GTA V is by no means going to be GFWL as a result of this.

I think they sell physical retail copies.

9 years ago

Yeah. Physical version is likely Rockstar Social Club and not Steam. :(

9 years ago

Well, it's not like R* never screwed PC players. Won't be surprising when they announce "we were talking about superior consoles version, you'll get your rubbish port in a year, but hey, lighten up, you can give us $50 for console version and then another $50 for PC".

9 years ago

NEED AN OFFICIAL DATE..Look pn Rockstar website not on other stupid websites..
When a release date will be knows will appear on steam...so stop posting every link you see..

9 years ago

Played it on xbox so not a big deal most likely be a bad port like gta 4

9 years ago

i would like to have it sooner like september or october. i don't wanna wait anymore.

9 years ago

Why do people think this is real? It's what every store does without a concrete date, placeholder >_>

I gurantee they will not release 1 day before the New Year, who the hell would do that? It's stupid. If it doesn't come out before Christmas it'll probably come in Jan/Feb.

9 years ago

"who the hell would do that?"

Less drunk new years crashes on the road, more crashes on the streets of GTA?

9 years ago

If they force GFWL in GTA V, I won't buy it. Period. I had enough with that crap.

9 years ago

GFWL is dead,and most of the games using it are unplayeble.

9 years ago

thats not true, only the store is dead, for example gta 4 works fine with gfwl.

9 years ago

More "Fine", but at least it works if you solve the problems it gives.

9 years ago

Yeah well Dirt 2 now refuses to log in and safe.I think the games that actualy use it to store gamesaves are now unplayeble.

9 years ago

The Games For Windows Live Marketplace was closed, not that DRM. Microsoft still has plans to keep using it, so the probability for some games to require it in the future is still there...

9 years ago

That link doesn't load for me and why isn't there any official announcment anywhere on gamespot, youtube or ign or whatever? I wouldn't be suprised if it's fake.

9 years ago

The PC version will be loaded full of hackers, Oh how people will cry lol

9 years ago

Thank god GTA V online is terrible and the good part is the single player.

No worries.

9 years ago

GFWL = No purchase.

9 years ago

+1.

9 years ago

Why does GFWL = No Purchase?

9 years ago

It's the worst DRM ever created. Worse than Steam(obviously), Origin, Uplay and to some extent SECUROM.

I can't even transfer my save files easily, not to mention the multiplayer lags and disconnects on GTA IV.

9 years ago

I see. Even though I have Gears of War, I've never actually been online with it, so haven't experienced what seems to be nearly as bad as.........(hides behind cushion) Starforce.

Man, 2005/2006 was not a good year, as far as copy protection goes

9 years ago

Nothing is as bad as Starforce, so Deathtitan is a bit generous with the word "worst" here.

9 years ago

Thankfully It won't be GFWL, it, for almost all purposes is dead.
It's Rockstar Social Club like MP3/LANoire. This means it likely to have steam achies too.

9 years ago

its a placeholder date, it would be super stupid to release a game on such a date, expecially a retail one...

9 years ago

If the game is more then 30 E is not worth it because Rockstar sucks...They launched for Xbox 360 and PS3 ....And after 1 year and a few mounth they decide to launch on PC..Even 30 E is too much..

9 years ago

Thanks for spreading half-truths. You could at least put it in the description that it's a placeholder. Also, that site is full of grammatical errors, why would anyone trust it?

9 years ago

-_- thought it was september

9 years ago

Still no system requirements specified?

9 years ago

10 FPS per Titan. On lowest, of course. :)

9 years ago

Why do people keep thinking it has GfWL, it doesn't even say that on any of these pages and the logo on the cover is only for Games for Windows.

9 years ago

Because people still didn't learn there are two different things...

9 years ago

If you go to IGN and scroll a bit down, on right side you'll see Popular Games Coming Soon and next to GTA V it says October.

9 years ago

It's just a placeholder.

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.