April 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 April 24th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 May 1st 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

HITMAN 2

• China - China
  • LATAM/India - Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, India
  • RU/CIS - Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine
  • Turkey customers should receive a ROW key but instead receive a key that they cannot activate (either the LATAM/India one or the RU/CIS one listed above). source
  • Everyone else: ROW

This Is the Police 2

• This Is the Police 2 (LATAM/RU/CN/IN/TR) - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, China, India, Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, Turkey, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand
  • Everyone else: ROW

All subscribers receive a Mystery Game to be revealed on May 1 (Train Valley 2)

If you pause or cancel for the April 2020 Humble Choice, available from April 3rd to April 30th, you will not receive the game.

Bonus Game FAQ

Free DLC to claim:

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
HITMAN 2 - Standard Edition Same content as HITMAN 2 - Standard Edition (Bundle) (Included game has cards) - 59.99 CV sub/272962 0 $59.99
GRIS 96% of 21252 - 🏆 2.55 CV app/683320 W M 0 $16.99
This Is the Police 2 76% of 2865 🏆 2.25 CV app/785740 W M L 0 $14.99
Opus Magnum 97% of 2462 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/558990 W M L 0 $19.99
MOLEK-SYNTEZ 94% of 270 - 🏆 1.50 CV app/1168880 W M L 0 $9.99
Raiden V: Director's Cut 68% of 132 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/570050 W 0 $29.99
Driftland: The Magic Revival 77% of 774 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/718650 W M 0 $29.99
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil 94% of 1206 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/405830 W M L 0 $19.99
Truberbrook 72% of 287 🏆 4.50 CV app/757300 W M L 0 $29.99
The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut No user reviews (Included games have cards) - 4.08 CV sub/367817 0 $27.23
Shoppe Keep 2 63% of 1115 🏆 1.50 CV app/684580 W 3 $9.99
Capitalism 2 88% of 157 - 1.50 CV app/638200 W 0 $9.99
Train Valley 2 91% of 975 🏆 2.25 CV app/602320 W M L 0 $14.99

HITMAN 2 - Standard Edition is one key that includes the following:

Game Ratings Cards Achievements Bundled Retail Price
HITMAN™ 2 90% of 12768 🏆 1 $59.95
HITMAN™ 2 - Early Access (DLC) 90% of 12691 - 🏆 0 $0.00
HITMAN 2 DLC app/972342 (DLC) No user reviews - - 0 $ -
HITMAN™ 2 - Himmelstein (DLC) 71% of 14 - - 0 $0.00
HITMAN™ 2 - Isle of Sgàil (DLC) 90% of 10 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN™ 2 - Whittleton Creek (DLC) 90% of 10 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN 2 - Mumbai (DLC) 80% of 10 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN 2 - Santa Fortuna (DLC) 92% of 13 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN™ 2 - Miami (DLC) 93% of 15 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN™ 2 - Hawke's Bay (DLC) 100% of 13 - - 0 $0.00

The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut is one key that includes the following:

Game Ratings Cards Achievements Bundled Retail Price
The Bard's Tale Trilogy 96% of 477 🏆 0 $14.99
The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut - Standard Edition No user reviews - - 0 $ -
The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut 71% of 213 🏆 1 $34.99

May Humble Choice - leaks (proven to be only partially true)

Humble Original: Divinoids by Catpad

The game will release with the April 2020 Humble Choice on Friday, April 3 at 10 a.m. Pacific time and will be added to the Humble Trove on Friday, April 10

• Ring of Pain sneak peek (DRM-Free)

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!
Apologies for the mistake: Warner Brothers are the Hitman publisher now, not Square Enix (blame luckz :P)

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Ready for your monthly infusion of Turok & Zachtronics?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] For me, this is a great month. Pausing my subscription is a thought that doesn’t come to mind when I see these games.
[New subscription] Now that’s what I call a real motivation to stay at home! Thank you, IGN!
[Maybe subscribe] I’m interested in a few of these titles, but that’s it. It’s time to decide if I am really willing to pay that much money in order to own them.
[Pause] Damn, I’m normally not one to complain about Humble Choice / Monthly games, but the quality really dropped lately.
[Cancelling] My wallet is in lockdown, just like me.
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] The Hitman Standard DLC trap ain't gonna catch me, Squeenix!

Fantastic bundle but I had to pause because I pretty much have everything I am interested in
Go play Hitman 2, one of the best AAA titles easily in the last 5 years

4 years ago

I played (And loved) the first reboot. How does the second compare? Is it more of the same, or have they switched it up in some ways?

4 years ago

Go to Steam, install Hitman 2 Free Edition (it's just the tutorial), and the campaign from the first season will be added to Hitman 2 for free. This way you can play the levels on the new engine, so you can compare.
Apart from new engine stuff like proper reflections, it is the same type of deal, in terms of gameplay.
Miami and Mumbai are fantastic levels, IMO, totally worth a play.

4 years ago

I already redeemed the key from the bundle, looking forward to it!

4 years ago

Neat. I hope you enjoy Miami. cheers

4 years ago

There's no way to get the story campaign, cutscenes, etc from #1 in #2, right? So you still need to install #2 first.

4 years ago

right click on Hitman 2 in your library list while not being installed, and check the DLC tab. Uncheck everything you are not interested in, OK, and then click install.
I think just by installing Hawke's Bay it will let you open the game, and redeem season one automatically. It is considered the tutorial, aka the free level
the whole thing including season 1 and 2 is like 150gigs. lol

4 years ago

I don't mean how to redeem it, I mean that #2 won't download / play the cutscenes (videos!) of #1 ... (as far as I know)
So you can play the levels of Hitman 2016 in Hitman 2 2018, but not the campaign.

I know it's 156 GB. It used to be a lot less before they added all of that.

4 years ago

Oh, now I understand what you are talking about.
The answer is yes, as in everything is there. Season one is integrated in Hitman 2 as part of the campaign. If you click on Story, you can start the game from Season 1 or 2, and it plays everything from 2016, then carries on to the second season.
It is the entire 2 games into one, even the prologue and season 1 DLC if you happen to have it (patient zero). They are two seasons of the same Campaign, not just the levels ported to the new engine.
This is season 1 in hitman 2: https://i.imgur.com/mOhd8gM.png

4 years ago

Do you by any chance know what you'll needto be able to get 100% dlc wise? The gold edition or the season pass, or even more?

4 years ago

Vanilla includes the whole campaign
Silver adds the first pack of DLC (aka the Bank and other stuff)
Gold adds both DLC packs (aka the Bank + the Resort)
Vanilla + Season Pass = Gold Edition
You just need to buy the season pass from the version bundled here
If you want the whole season one in hitman 2, get a cheap hitman 2016 key, redeem it, and hitman 2 will get the levels automatically on launch

4 years ago

Thanks for this. That DLC list was awfully confusing. It just checks your account to see if you redeemed 2016, right (not looking for it downloaded/a save file/etc)?

edit: I think I answered my own question. It looks like their servers check your Steam account after playing Hitman 2, and then add the DLC.

4 years ago*

You are welcome. I hope you enjoy the game. It is surprisingly deep. You can easily sink 60-100 hours covering all the "routes". cheers

4 years ago

The game redeems it on your account magically. Had never seen that before either.

4 years ago

this month is actually quite good

4 years ago

The weekest month in a year probably. I am happy about Zachtronics games and GRIS, but I haven't even heard for a couple of games, some of them are probably not worth to be even in tier 1... :(

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

No, but in this case there is a reason I haven't heard about them. Mediocre titles that are not very appealing for a 'premium' bundle like this one.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

A good bundle for me and easy to name 2 that i don't want (Shoppe Keep 2 and MOLEK-SYNTEZ).
8 for myself 2 very liked ones for friends or groups (Turok 2.... i will not play it again after so much years...).

4 years ago

Hitman 2, Turok 2, maybe Opus Magnum...
Really not sure about any of the other games.
I'm pretty hesitant to purchase this one.

4 years ago

Cannot redeem my HITMAN 2 key for whatever reason... SCAMMED :D Submitting a ticket now... wish me luck.

4 years ago

Could "whatever reason" be that you bought your Humble subscription in a different (IP) country than your Steam account billing region?

4 years ago

nope it seems I have the same problem, HITMAN 2 key can't be redeemed in TR.

4 years ago

got same problem, cannot activate HITMAN 2 (in Turkey and i'm not using any vpn programs)

4 years ago

Good luck mate, I hate to contact HB support, I hope we won't be marked as traders... Stupid region locks and stupid HB who can't handle their stupid restrictions properly.

4 years ago

Oh you're right, Hitman 2 is listed as getting a different key for Turkey
The ROW one works fine in TR https://steamdb.info/sub/272962/
Any idea which region or key they erroneously give you?

4 years ago

no I don't know how to see that but I think it might be RU/CIS region key.

4 years ago

Did HB support fix it?
Do you want help identifying the region of your key, or don't care?

4 years ago

28 hours later, there is no response from HB support. I don't care about identifying the key region, I'm pretty sure it is RU/CIS, very unlikely they gave us key for China.

4 years ago

LATAM / India is possible too.
Perhaps HB support is busy being busy. Very inconsistent, in how far they reply to tickets or not.

I've sent an email to someone at HB too, for good measure.

4 years ago*

Thanks for caring.It seems you care more than HB support does, they haven't responded the ticket in 3 days...
I don't understand how that would help me at all if I know which region the key is for. Are you suggesting to redeem the key by using VPN or something?

4 years ago*

i dont know much about this
but its said that steam can ban you for using VPN

4 years ago

No, you cannot even VPN-activate keys anymore :)
I'm just trying to understand what went wrong.
Maybe somebody silly at Warner / IO or Humble doesn't know the difference between Turkey and Turkmenistan (in their country code DB).

According to what I'm told by HB, you should have new keys now for the correct region.
Didn't get any further why insight though.

4 years ago

oh great, you are right it seems they assigned a new key for Hitman 2 and it worked! Nobody replied my support ticket tho xD

4 years ago

i dont understand you're saying "getting a different key for Turkey"
Are they going to give us another key?

4 years ago

He means his gift link has ROW key and TR is not listed among countries getting ROW key.

4 years ago

Check your keys, should be replaced?

4 years ago

Yes, got a New key. Thanks

4 years ago

(hopefully) fixed

4 years ago

Yup, got my key. My first time dealing with Humble Bundle support and it was actually decent

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Hitman 2 not including all the DLCs? Think I'm going to pause again.

4 years ago

They gotta make money off something. ^^;

4 years ago

Basically 2 hard-wishlist and 7 interesting ones, even if I'm unsure about some ... like capitalism, or I never really played any Turok games. But I guess this is not as bad for me as it is for others.

4 years ago

This Capitalism II has multiplayer, while the updated version does not anymore.

4 years ago

Never played with the game before, and multiplayer is not really my jam :D

4 years ago

Where does it say the thing about a mystery game?

4 years ago

Here, here and here.

4 years ago

I swear I can't find any mention of a bonus game or a link to that help article on any subscription pages. Maybe I'm going crazy.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Hmmm, is this for real?

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Woah... I loved the first month, when Choice started. From then on, I feel like it has gone downhill, but may be just my personal feeling.

4 years ago

I feel like it's going to be like that until most users are off the classic plan.

4 years ago

I think I will have to start pausing my months. Maybe that makes them change, anyway... Am I the only one who feels Humble is not the same since IGN (or whoever it was, I can't remember) bought it?

Worse normal bundles, and these movements they do, like trying to bait us (I mean first Humble Monthly was decent and first Humble Choice as well, but then they automatically start getting worse)

Excuse me if I make any errors when expressing myself in English.

4 years ago

No you're good. Also most people always complain they're getting worse. But in my opinion, yeah they've been sliding in quality a bit lately. At least when they had games you never heard of, they were like, at least interesting games with a level of quality where i'd be grateful it was in the bundle. Otherwise I would've never heard of it or tried it.

Lately they've just been putting in like, subpar games, games from early 2000's, and so on. I normally never comment on the newest bundle. But this one I actually broke down why I think it's a bad bundle.

Capitalism 2's a game from 2001
Shoppe Keep 2, a mediocre game with mixed reviews.
A Bards Tale iv, from what I understand. Is a buggy unpolished game with a focus on vague puzzles without clear cut sensible answers.
Raiden V, one of the worse entries into the Raiden series with hard to see projectiles that blend into the background
Turok 2, an old as dirt game from 1998.
This is the police 2, a okay game, despite solving some issues in the new game, it adds a number of new problems that bog the experience
Driftland the magic revival, a confusing game with too much visual noise and too many moving pieces.
Truberbrook is apparently pretty decent, but a very okay game. It's a game you should mainly play for the art.

I don't have a problem with MOLEK-SYNTEZ. But there's been too many zachtronics game lately. Nothing wrong with a puzzle game. But zachtronics games are known for being very difficult and very technical like essentially it's less of a game, and more straight up math (they even made a game that's just purely coding (TIS-100)) I have no problem with this personally, but it's very hit or miss because of it.
and not something i'd want as much as they've been giving out lately
opus magnum's a zachtronics game too and was included in this bundle.
and last month had exapunks xD and the month BEFORE THAT had SHENZHEN I/O
it's too much XD

4 years ago

Thank you for this exhaustive comment, I agree, completely, in the games I know.

4 years ago

Interested in HITMAN 2, GRIS, This Is the Police 2, Opus Magnum, MOLEK-SYNTEZ, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil and The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut. I guess I`ll bite. Maybe. Probably. Time will tell.

4 years ago

Probably the best Monthly so far for my taste. But, well, it's still way too expensive considering that I'm not on the classical plan. I'll be at zero points most of the time for the next few days, I guess.

4 years ago

Free DLC available that you can add manually, if you chose the base game

Driftland: The Magic Revival
Driftland: The Magic Revival - Soundtrack

4 years ago*

I already have Hitman 2 and This Is Police 2, so probably another skip for me ;( Only interested in Opus Magnum, Molek-Syntez, Truberbrook and probably GRIS.

4 years ago

Driftland was on my wishlist as I really like 4x games.

Was happy to see Gris, Bard's Tale and Opus Magnum in there too as I was somewhat interested in those.

4 years ago

HITMAN 2 and GRIS are good Titles but the quality overall is dropping with Humble again :7

4 years ago

Guess I'm gonna skip this one. Gris was available for free on a different platform and the only game I was really interested in is "Trüberbrook"... :(

4 years ago

Why so many episode 2s?

Only interested in Gris and Hitman 2, so skip.

4 years ago

Man, mysterious game. Is Humble Choice becoming Humble Monthly?

4 years ago

Maybe it was already asked here, but I didn't find. If I pause/cancel my subscription, but finally decide to grab this monthly in the final days, will I get the mystery game?

4 years ago

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044771534

as long as you pay for the april choice you'll get it.

4 years ago

Thanks I needed to be sure

4 years ago

you're welcome, was looking it up myself, since i first interpreted their wording that pausing would still give you access but was unsure (which turned out to be wrong)

4 years ago

4 years ago

Honestly I don't want to be one of those people who complain about the bundles. But yeesh. What was up with this month's bundle XD Hitman 2, Gris, and Opus Magnus were like the only solid ones XD
Don't get me wrong, MOLEK-SYNTEZ and Truberbrook seem good too. But there's been too many zachtronic games lately, and Truberbrook according to the steam reviews, is a good game if played for the art, but the actual point and click of it is pretty mediocre.

4 years ago

Hmm, already got the most interesting games here, and this one has a lot of stuff I'd never want to play. Need to decided if I should get this just for Hitman 2 / The Bards Tale collection and whatever the random game is. Won Gris, bought Turok 2 during sale and have Raiden V on PS4.

I'll flip a coin when I'm paid, I guess.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.