October 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ October 30th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† November 6th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition

Fae Tactics

Shadows: Awakening

Notes & comments:

• Sunless Sea + Sunless Skies counts as 1 choice ("The Sunless Bundle"); you will get 2 separate keys.
  • The key for GOAT OF DUTY will also activate Goat of Duty Digital ArtBook
  • Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition contains the base game plus some cosmetic icons, but lacks the DLCs that add extra content
  • The Uncertain: Episode 1 (base game) was also free to be added to your Steam account for a limited time and given away several times
  • Shadows: Awakening is featured in a recent Fanatical Bundle (Killer Bundle 13)
  • Iron Danger and The Suicide of Rachel Foster were available in a recent Daedalic bundle on Humble Bundle, and also dropped from lootpacks on LootBoy.
  • GOAT OF DUTY was free to be added to your Steam account for a limited time
  • Lightmatter - Full Game was given away on Alienware (lvl 30) and was free with TwitchPrime / PrimeGaming
  • Lightmatter (base) is F2P on Steam

LIMITED TIME: SUBSCRIBE TO GET ALL 12 GAMES! PLUS, NEW SUBSCRIBERS JOIN FOR ONLY $12.
LIMITED TIME: $4 off Humble Choice. Ends November 6, 2020 at 10:00:00 AM PST
Good news! Classic and Premium subscribers get all 12 games for this month only.

Leak for next months: "The Beast Inside will be featured in one of the Humble Choice bundles this year." (source). Rover Mechanic Simulator might also be featured in the November Choice (source)

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition 86% of 9936 โค - 8.25 CV sub/309466 W M L 0 $54.99
Fae Tactics 83% of 319 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/995980 W 0 $19.99
Sunless Sea 84% of 5939 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.85 CV app/304650 W M L 1 $18.99
Sunless Skies 84% of 1494 - ๐Ÿ† 3.75 CV app/596970 W M L 0 $24.99
Iron Danger 78% of 218 - ๐Ÿ† 5.25 CV app/899310 W 1 $34.99
Autonauts 89% of 2098 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/979120 W 0* $19.99
Shadows: Awakening 76% of 1068 โค ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV app/585450 W 1 $39.99
Fantasy Blacksmith 69% of 432 โค ๐Ÿ† 1.50 CV app/959520 W 0 $9.99
The Suicide of Rachel Foster 72% of 1123 - ๐Ÿ† 2.70 CV app/1057750 W 1 $17.99
GOAT OF DUTY 90% of 466 โค ๐Ÿ† 1.50 CV app/555000 W 0* $9.99
The Uncertain: Episode 1 + Soundtrack and Artbook 79% of 1184 โค - 0.00 CV โ˜  sub/80242 W M 0 $14.99
Basement 78% of 1475 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/340150 W M L 0 $19.99
Lightmatter - Full Game 90% of 954 โค - 0.00 CV โ˜  sub/327748 W 0 $19.99

โ˜  - Game was free at some time and does not grant any CV if given away.

Retail:

• $306.87

CV:

Humble Original / Extras:

• FATE OF KAI
  • SYZYGY

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is it Ok that this Ok-tober bundle is not as Ok as the previous months?

View Results
[Happy] People complain way too much. Back in the day, youโ€™d pay $12 / $19 for a really good game in a blink of an eye and now you get at least 3 amazing ones for that price, plus some extras.
[Subscribed & don't even care anymore] It's okay for this bundle not to be okay, I gave up on Humble long ago. I just sit here and pay once a month.
[Insulted by Tropico] Come on, Tropico 6, the base game, after a similarly insulting Tropico bundle that had 4 & 5 with some DLC, no nice Complete packages, and was missing 6 entirely?
[Offended by Shadows Awakening] Shadows Awakening right after it was in Fanatical? You must be joking!
[Underwhelmed by Daedalic] Daedalic games are regularly given out cheap or free on Lootboy, plus it's one of the few publishers likely to do 90% sales. And HB itself even had them bundled just two months ago!
[Sunk at Sea] They *really* could have included the four years old DLC for the already-Humblebundled Sunless Sea?
[Uncertain about all of this] I'm Uncertain if there's a single Steam user who didn't claim The Uncertain when it was free on the Steam Store.
[Bleat at Duty] I Goat you IGN for featuring games that were redeemable for free on Steam 6 months ago. I did my Duty to activate it back then.
[True Potato Ending] The real choice is which of these choices is the most upsetting. I donโ€™t even know which poll option I should pick.

Easily their worst monthly bundle. no thanks

3 years ago

Fae Tactics has region lock in SEA

https://imgur.com/a/tJmc3mf

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

So let me get this straight. Originally Choice was 10 games for Classic subscribers, but Classic and Premium got 2/3 games for free when subbed, which makes it so that you don't have to be torn when you actually want all games. All good. Then, for the 1st time, if you have claimed 2 specific games for free before suddenly a bonus you were given (not gained, not worked for, just given, granted, gifted) it is a bad thing. You are given 2/3 extra games for free, and you don't want them. Or maybe they're just bad? But if they're so bad, why did you add them to your library in the 1st place?

Take #2 - Classic PoV ($12 per month) - with 2 added bonus games I can get 12 games for 12 dollars. Literally 12 usually well made games for the same average price as your everyday steam trashware. Must be very bad deal. Monthly was better before Choice. After all, it was only 6-8 games in cat-in-the-bag deal, where you literally gamble your $12 for 1 uncovered game, and some mysterious ones. Ah yes, good ol' times...

So it is my belief that some people will never be satisfied until HB literally presents them their entire catalogue, lets them get any 15 games for maybe $5, and cries out of happiness that those people have gracefully stepped down from their heavenly abodes to look at Humble with a smile.
We are getting a good deal. Really. If it's not tailored to your tastes to the very extreme, it's still a bundle of usually good games at very low price.

However, even I feel disheartened. I do own those 2 previously given for free games. What will I ever do with them? Is there any place where I can make sure my bonus games will find a new home? I see only darkness in HB's wake...

3 years ago

You know what would be cool? A website where we could give away extra bundle games that we don't want!

Also, get out of here with your reasonable opinion informed by logic. That's not how these threads work!

3 years ago

Pppffft!! If you ever find such site, it must be a scam. I mean, who in their right minds would give games away for free?

View attached image.
3 years ago

๐Ÿค” Wait a sec...
Does that mean that Humble, Fanatical, Aliens, Indiegala & co are all having dealings with scammers? I knew it! Those greedy bad word!

3 years ago

You took all the elitist fun out of remaining a rational and satisfied subscriber. :(

3 years ago

So, are we called remainers now?

3 years ago

And we are even losing in a poll! ;)

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

last think i miss is phone call, when they will ask you if you are really sure....and maybe visit from someone from HB, who will ask if i am really really really sure :D

3 years ago

It's funny but every time the bundle is underwhelming, they leak it to soften the ground so that people are not disappointed all at once.

They couldn't at least give us Heretic Kingdom instead of Awakening? Come on.

Coming up next: a bundle of demos.

3 years ago

new full game vs no full older game? for what?

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Tropico as the big game is uhhhhh, the free games are even more uhhhhhhhhhh, but I've wanted Autonauts for a while (just grabbed it from a split), Rachel Foster is another good looking game that I'll try to hunt down too, and Lightmatter looks like something fun to check out. Despite the shit in here there are more games I'd like to play than there usually are in Choice. (But not enough to pay for the bundle)

3 years ago

Easily the worst HB's monthly bundle so far. Only one game I want and that's Fea Tactics so I'll most likely pause and I'll get FT from trade or just buy it from greys if it ends up cheap enough.

3 years ago

Reminder to anyone interested in this: try to pause your sub, you may get a coupon. I got 2 USD discount for my part (I still paused my sub after accepting the coupon, even if I may change my mind later)

3 years ago

Why so many full CV games in the bundle? Aren't the Choice bundles considered bundled regardless of value now?

3 years ago

Games are added to bundle list retroactively by one person one steamgifts. This bundle went live like 3 hours ago.

3 years ago

Oh I didn't mean on SG. I know it takes them a while. Bless their hearts for all the work they do for free around here.

I was just asking because it seemed to me Lilly was posting with reduced CV pre-emptively with every thread so I assumed there was something different this time. I was wrong. I just don't usually check the other threads that early after the bundle is posted.

3 years ago

Too much repities and many already have, but very likely will take is as like some games there.

3 years ago*

Finally it shows why they sell these bundles for $8 now. Will quit my $12 subscription (can't pause or I would have to pay the ridiculous amount of $20 next month), I guess they will give me a better offer next month anyway. Wish they'd rather add quality games and charge more for it, the way it is this month I get more out of Fanatical bundles.

EDIT: If you are a huge Tropico fan this bundle is probably worth it, but I still haven't play 3+4 despite having them in my library.

3 years ago

How long have you paused for HB to charge you $20 for classic?

The longest I paused was something like 4 months, but I never saw a price increase.

3 years ago

They probably grabbed the 12 months for $12 promo for new users earlier in the year, that promo does not allow pausing, price will go back to the new $20 price if ever paused. Not the Classic plan.

3 years ago

I'm not a classic subscriber, I subscribed in June when they had the $12 for 9 games offer for the first time. I was pretty happy with the last four bundles, so no bad feelings. But now they sell all games for $8 and it shows. $12 just isn't a good deal anymore, at least not for me this month.

3 years ago

this is getting worse and worse every month what happened to humble bundle anyway used to be good time ago

3 years ago

Nice middle finger to the people who bought the Tier 3 of the Humble Daedalic Bundle 2020 back in August... (เธ‡ใƒ„)เธง

3 years ago

This bundle seems to be getting a lot of bipolar opinions. They should rename it the "Marmite" bundle!

3 years ago

That would be appropriate! Or the fried Mars bar bundle maybe...

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

Marmite? So salty

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

Insulted by Daedalic, hahahah yeah...

3 years ago

Funny that most seems to hate it, and this is the bundle I finally unpause for :) I wanted to try Rachel foster for a while and Tropico is always nice to have in library to when I finally get in the mood to try it out. These where the only two games I bought it for and thought it was worth the price since I paused first and got 4$ off.

Then I checked out a walkthrough of Lightmatter which seemed like a fun puzzle game that reminds a little of Portal so I installed that one too. :)

3 years ago*

IMHO, this is easily in the top 3 of worst Monthly/Choice bundles ever, if not at 1st place.
I think they don't have ba**s to say people "guys, making these monthly bundles is not profitable anymore, and we have to end this", so they are just slowly forcing people to stay away.

3 years ago

The first will remain the bundle where they put the multiplayer CoD demo as the feature game. You cannot top that ever.

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

I voted potato, but I did buy the bundle and only 3 are repeats in my library, but all are specifically noted as vote options for the reasons noted!
uncertain, shadows, and sunless sea. but sunless skies and iron danger were on my wishlist, and I admit to skipping the bundle with rachel foster in it. Agree with the vote on Tropico 6 too. Those are paradox levels of DLC each new version....

3 years ago

Joined the monthly from the beginning, never paused, never cancelled and always defended the bundle value. This is the first time I pause. Repeats, free games or games I'm not interested ones.

3 years ago

By far the worst month in a while if not ever imo. I dont remotely care about any of them

3 years ago*

+1 As someone who loves indie games, only two struck my notice. Everything else is just....

3 years ago

Even worse with all the rebundles

3 years ago

This is my first insta-pass with Humble Choice/Montly.

3 years ago

Jesus christ. First bundle I ever paused. I almost felt bad pausing it. But the only games I wanted in it were sunless skies and fae tactics. Like last months bundle was harsh, but this is the first one I felt really let down by. I'm kind of surprised to have paused.

3 years ago

Kinda want 3 games at some point, but nothing that wants me to jump on the bundle immediately. 2โ‚ฌ discount offered - sorry, no. This is so off, it's surprising, considering how many genres and games I like. But saving half a Rimworld's worth of money is not a negligible thing, tbh. ( I own both Sunless games. Without that, this likely would have been an instant buy. Or I would have reconsidered, if it would include zubmariner)

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.