Hi. I have won a giveaway for this game ( https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/89k8Q/rogue-operatives ). Upon redeeming the code, Steam informed me that the key was for 'Rogue Operatives for Beta testing'. Now my problem is, first of it wasn't mentionned in the giveaway that it was a beta key only. Second, if I mark the game as received and ten days later it gets removed from my Steam account (because that's how beta tests work), will steamgift and cie notice that I have won one game that's not redeemed on my steam account?

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

It's fine, it's actually a ReleaseStateOverride key which is commonly given to users when the game is not actually released (usually developers will generate this type of keys before the release and give them out to early access players and testers), and as long as the key sub contains the same depots as the release (store) key, the game will function exactly the same as what you bought from store.

Beta Testing keys don't work like what you said. If the key indeed gets revoked, then you should update to the correct giveaway feedback.

7 years ago

I have a key got from other group recently. I guess this key can work properly as a normal key. It is just a description of the key while the developer tried to get it.
The game was released half a month.

7 years ago

It does not mean it will get removed from your library later.
I get a lot of press keys and most of them are "for beta testing".
Nothing to worry about, they stay in your library.
@PlyrStar93 does a great job explaining for what you do need to look out for.

7 years ago

it might be a full key, depends on each title.

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.