Their rewards (and the games the rewards were offered for) were getting worse and worse, and then recently I've noticed that there didn't seem to be any games at all. I checked up the website, and all the rewards do actually seem to be gone. Is it just me, or is it like that for everyone?

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Yes. They stopped it for now. They put out a news letter a while ago.

8 years ago

To much abuse with SAM

8 years ago

To be fair, it wasn't just cheats.
A lot of the rewards were so easy to obtain.

8 years ago

So true. From those "play for a hour" and "play for first time" I've got around £10, while in total I had around £60.

8 years ago

Yup.

And the rewards arrived after people starting padding their libraries with bundles.
Games that otherwise would have been ignored were being played.

8 years ago

"Games that otherwise would have been ignored were being played" - I guess something good came from that :P

I must say, some of those games weren't my cup of coffee and after getting achievos I deleted them right away, but some others were real fun and I spend more time then I should with them.

8 years ago

Definitely a good thing for devs.

Terrible for GMG/Playfire. Surprised they kept it up for so long, was funny seeing the comments complaining about free credit though.

8 years ago

I saw a lot of ppl using SAM to get achievements for games they dont own. Its true that some achievements were easy to get, but atleast the real problem are the abusive use of SAM. I`ve got around 50€ from playfire with games I own (~900). So think about ppl who dont have this amount of games. I believe there are more than 10.000 ppl using SAM to get rewards at playfire and if they abused it to get all of the rewards, they got more than 50€ over time.

8 years ago

I only saw one person who obviously used SAM for playfire rewards but if you claim there was 10,000 people using SAM then maybe so.

People were getting rewards for games they got from places other than GMG though. I got several games from greenlight bundles that ended up with playfire rewards worth more than what I spent on them.

GMG was getting nothing and giving away too much even without cheaters.

8 years ago

I have 5 ppl in my friendlist who used SAM just to get the rewards for games they dont own. Saw it every time I looked up their activities in the activity history. And they dont used SAM over hours or at diffrent days. They activated the achievements within minutes. Sometimes only the one they need. For example "Kill 100 Enemies" but "Kill 50 Enemies" was still locked :D I mean wtf? And playfire/GMG dont realized that or they realized and dont ban? Dont know! It was just ridicioulous to watch

8 years ago

Yet you didn't report them? :)
As Tactical said, GMG did act on those that were reported.

8 years ago

Oh, you can SAM achievements for games you don't own?

8 years ago

No.

View attached image.
8 years ago

Yes.

8 years ago

generally no, but in some cases yes. It can be used to unlock achievments for episodic games for episodes you don't own or for DLCs you don't own. Generally if you have a base game or any part of the game SAM can let you access all achievments, event for parts of content you don't have.

And well - PF would often offer rewards for the ewest DLC/expansion that just came out, and anyone owning base game could unlock these without owning these DLCs/expansions.

8 years ago

Totally forget about DLCs - mostly because I didn't notice many DLC rewards (Sniper Elite 3, only one I can remember right now).

As for Episodic Games, most of them don't sell single episodes on PC :P

Thanks for clarification.

8 years ago

They wrote Playfire takes a break and that they are thinking about some changes, without saying what kind of changes through (some people were even guessing "points to enter some giveaways").

I liked their final system - 10 cents for easy achievement, 40 cents for playing for a hour. That way I didn't feel "cheated" that I'm losing something just because I played game a week before.

8 years ago

i agree - i personally feel that was their best system yet.

on an aside, in my opinion their selecting a specific game each day and giving rewards for multiple achievements was their second-best system, especially with games that were fast to complete :)

8 years ago

You guys should have reported cheaters like I did and many people from my group did. Playfire support banned and revoked the credit of cheaters fairly quickly.

8 years ago*

Well, it was good while it lasted ;) Got 99.8£ of free monies, I won't complain :D:

8 years ago

about steam connect, why it's still not getting reward? < the only reward right now
didnt we already connected steam when registering

8 years ago

Steam Connect reward is avaiable only for new accounts that connect for the first time.

8 years ago

for real? what's the point?
since there's actually no other reward right now

8 years ago

don't ask me. Probably to get new ppl to use their shop and actually paying money instead of just farming Credit and only buy things with it ;p Register at PF - get 0.5£ to spend on GMG = potentially new GMG customer. While for ppl who already have their accounts - they are customers already, so giving them this reward would be just giving away free money for nothing (like reward system was in fact ;p).

8 years ago

ok then, just asking
it seems fair enough though

8 years ago

Weird was getting an email 3 days ago congratulating me that i linked my steam account, but i did that months ago.

8 years ago

Got like 5 bucks from Playfire, so it's not that bad for me. (No huge library, no achievement cheating, no playing games I'm absolutely not interested in)
Shame on exploiters tho

8 years ago

It was good for $200.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.