I am happy that a lot of people liked my previous review about CPUs. I even received some emails, which really makes me feel that people are actually reading stuff and liking it. :)
I have another review - video cards. This time it's 17 cards. My next review is going to be about memory, and after that - Blu-Ray players/writers, as I received a request to review them.
Thanks for reading, I hope you will like this one too!

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Gtx 260 was a good graphic card, but you have to remember that it does use a considerable amount of power. Currently you can find many selling it in Craigslist for as little as $80.00. Unfortunately I did not have time to follow the current battle between ATI and Nvida, but I got myself a GTX 560 ti which i think has incredible performance/price furthermore it is quite conservative in power consumption.

1 decade ago

I'm partial to ATI. Going off of info I knew several years ago, ATI seemed able to hold it's own against nVidia, and their cards were cheaper. However, if looking to do a double-card set up (SLI vs CrossFire), then nVidia won hands-down.

1 decade ago

Run away from SLI/CrossFire. Too many problems with that.

1 decade ago

I never had the money nor the need to run a double-card setup =P

1 decade ago

There is no need to do it, unless you have an older card and want to improve performance cheaply. But still - I'd rather buying a new card.

1 decade ago

MY GTX 460 is wonderful especially at its price

1 decade ago

560Ti is not that cheap but definitely worth the cash

1 decade ago

I have a ATI RADEON 5770 Sapphire Vapor-x, and I was thinking about upgrading a little further into the future, I was either thinking about getting a whole new ATI card (preferably one with bigger numbers in the name, haha) but then the thought of getting a second 5770 came up to my mind.

What should I do? Get the second 5770, get an ATI or get an Nvidia, as people have been suggesting?

1 decade ago

Get Nvidia.

1 decade ago

do not get Nvidia. Their drivers are crap atm.

1 decade ago

So it's better to solve a temporary issue with a permanent purchase of a permanent issue? :P

1 decade ago

I never had issue with AMD Radeon (ATI) or Nvidia. Just go do some research and purchase based on what you can afford, your monitor and prefer resolution or video setting and most importantly based on what type of games you are going to play. I think currently the best game in steam can be played with a mid-range video card.

1 decade ago

but always purchase the double-creme oreo cookie, always.

1 decade ago

Agreed about the cookie.
I do have issue with some games taking better advantage or at all with Nvidia. People are just getting so lazy with PC ports.

1 decade ago

wow you can copy paste. videocardbenchmark.net has the best cards in the world listed there and price, so your review is full of epic fail!!!

1 decade ago

I hate when people say something without ANY arguments, or with obsolete arguments. You fall into the first category, which is the worst.
Though I love when they are trying to make an argument... But usually they don't, because they don't want to show their stupidity/ignorance... Even in real life - they tend to run away from the topic. But I love chasing them sometimes. :P
So how about you - will you try to prove your opinion, or are you just trolling? (I believe that's the correct term, isn't it?) Oh, and if you do - please skip the part where you would be saying that it says so on an add or in their site name. It will save you some time.

1 decade ago

simply stating that your review/rant is useless due to the fact that videocardbenchmark.net breaks it down with out the boring read!

1 decade ago

So you're saying that all the reviewers are doing useless work by reviewing some piece of hardware? Review ALWAYS includes benchmarks, and since you can find them at that site, it is pointless? Interesting opinion, though you shouldn't express it only towards my blog.

1 decade ago

This website is so shit. Reviews should never be done by some one who is biast to a company, I have used both Nvdia and AMD.

here

I myself have 2 crossfire 5970s 2gb. You are giving out advice you know nothing off. "use nvdia" "dont use crossfire"

Edited didnt know it was your site i was wondering why every post i see by you now links to this shit.

1 decade ago

I'm wondering where did you get the information that I am bias to ATI or Nvidia? From the fact that for the cheap-best card I chose ATI and for the best-costly card I chose Nvidia? Interesting...
And if you don't like my site - don't visit it. Nobody is making you. In fact, I would prefer if you wouldn't visit my threads either.

1 decade ago

Your bottom comment "get nvdia" you never asked what his budget is.

1 decade ago

Where do you see me saying "regardless of your budged, get Nvidia"? Any quotations which say that?

1 decade ago

Yes i can see your post stating exactly that above this;
"Where do you see me saying "regardless of your budged, get Nvidia"? Any quotations which say that?"

Also you never said anything, you typed it, there is a difference.
All i see is you telling him to "get nvdia". Without asking any questions such as budget, games he is wanting to play, current cpu ram, 32 or 64 bit system.

Posts like "Run away from SLI/CrossFire. Too many problems with that." make me laugh
As for which drivers are the best they are pretty much equal, Nvdia have gone more to the 3D optimizations in allmost all their new drivers, while ati has gone for pure driver preformance and working out the small annoying bugs.

Nvdia didnt update their drivers for 2 months until 2 weeks ago or so.

Ati update every month with a hot fix after every 2 or so.

1 decade ago

I chuckled when I read the first half of your post. You realize that you are saying that according to you, I am expressing favoritism towards Nvidia because they have a better card in that price range, right? If you do, then you probably don't realize that you are either an idiot or simply ignorant. If you don't - well, I just explained it to you. Cool, huh?

Also, about asking - show me an actual review asking people about their systems instead of reviewing? If someone will want to ask something - they can always use the free tech support I provide at my site...

As for the second part of your message - quantity != quality. And no arguments != a good argument. :P

1 decade ago

In general, I usually go by this set of rules:
Nvidia cards are powerful, but have awful drivers.
ATI cards are also powerful, but run at extremely high temperatures.

Just go with whichever is cheaper.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Mysterious.