Yeah, I know it's not 666 only, it's 1666, but still has the sacred number and that's what matters!

Please, if you believe in any religion don't think this is a provocation, it's only a Rock Discovery Thread.

I love rock and for those who love it too, we can't let it die. (And this is serious)

I'm 17 years old and I don't like any current band. Really, the newest one that I like is Matchbox Twenty.

I share with my little brothers rock songs and will share with my children (when I have one). I never forced them to like rock, because they need to love it from themselves, they need to feel rock like I feel, forcing them isn't a way.
So share with people that you love songs that you love too.

I made this thread with one porpuse: discover new songs. So share your unknown song (not a famous one, without a lot of views) that you love. Can be from a famous band, but needs to be a not famous ROCK song.

(It's a song that you like, don't be shy, no one will judge you. Also, any kind of rock and needs to be unknown for you. Sometimes a song on your country is famous, but worldwide isn't, share!)

So I'll share one, it's not hard rock, it's not metal, it's a calm song, but it is still rock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bedWROkFUrw
My father shared with me this song and I love it. I never heard about this german band and never saw nobody saying about it, so I think isn't well-known.

Train Ended, but if you want to share a song, you're always welcome!

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hmmm dang, at the moment nothing that fit the requirements comes to my mind xD
Not exactly "new" and also they are quite popular but I just recently started paying them attention, H.E.A.T, maybe you don't know them and by chance you like them > H.E.A.T - Emergency
Rock on bro! :)

7 years ago

I loved it. I never heard of them and they are very good. Thanks for sharing Ignacio, always with great songs!

7 years ago

If you don't mind songs that are not in english :
From Iceland : Sólstafir Ljós í Stormi. and Djákninn (with scenes from Valhalla rising! oh yeah!)
From France : Noir Désir (one of my favorite band) Tostaky, Les Négresses Vertes Face à la mer - Massive Attack remix, Ultra Orange & Emmanuelle Bunny
From Sweden : KSMB Sex Noll Två
From Ukraine (but in english) : Stoned Jesus I am the mountain
That's all! You probably already know other bands I listen to...
Almost forgot this one : King Khan and BBQ Zombies

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Cheers Felipe, I like your attitude, reminds me of when I was your age:)) that was looong ago

I recently made some metal suggestions in a similar thread, I'm lazy so I'll copy/paste most of it;)

Anathema- Eternity (Pt 1)
Anathema - Alternative 4
Fantastic band which evolved from the most brutal doom metal to alternative rock, starting from "The Silent Enigma" album they were top quality. First song is powerful, second is one of the most chilling pieces of music I've ever heard

My Dying Bride - Into the Lake of Ghosts
My Dying Bride - My Body, A Funeral
Imho THE doom metal band, over 20 years of excellent works, first song is more "approachable", second has their lovely violin and more diverse vocals and tempos.

Death - Scavenger Of Human Sorrow
From a fantastic album, dedicated to those who say that extreme metal songs "are the same riff all the time" :)

Something more mainstream:

Slipknot - Snuff
The sweet side of Slipknot :))

Warrel Dane - Brother
One of my favourite metal singers, most known for his work with Nevermore, from his solo album.

System Of A Down - Soldier Side
My favourite band, I could have chosen the likes of Chop Suey or Toxicity, but they are rather famous, to me this is same quality ;)

Also I can only agree with what KillingArts wrote a few posts back on page 3, look at the '70s, back then you can find so much and so good in rock, hard rock and heavy metal.

In my late teens, alongside lots of extreme metal, I used to like a lot 'alternative' bands like Cranberries, Radiohead, Blur etc.., some of them became very famous, other went into obscurity or are definitely not much remembered today:

Whipping Boy - Twinkle Ignore the comment of the video poster, the album was good as well
Suede-The Wild Ones Many people would say that this isn't rock but britpop, to me it IS rock ;). Regardless, it's an amazing song from an amazing album!

7 years ago

+1 soldier side, but my favourite of theirs is Feed Us. Its just perfect

7 years ago

Small correction :), Feed Us isn't from SOAD but from Serj Tankian(SOAD 's singer)'s first solo album. It really sounds like a SOAD song though :). I think that everybody that likes SOAD should listen to Serj's work - the first 3 albums are rock, then he made experimental projects - , you won't be disappointed ;)

7 years ago

yeah, my bad, i have his songs on a playlist so i assumed they were SOAD.

7 years ago

7 years ago

Bump

7 years ago

bump ~

7 years ago

bump

7 years ago

BUUUUUUUUUUMP

7 years ago

7 years ago

Well, I'm listening to Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned right now.
Probably not for most people, though. :X

7 years ago

Check this out...it's more where that came from .....:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9GTEsNf_GU

7 years ago

Not sharing a song, because they are all mine... MuAhAHAHAHAH.

Thank you for the train ^.^

7 years ago

Anyone post some Nazareth yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyXz6eMCj2k

7 years ago

Congrats for devil number! Thanks a lot for choo choo!

One of my favourite here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

Bump!

7 years ago

Bumpy :3

7 years ago