Yeah, I know it's not 666 only, it's 1666, but still has the sacred number and that's what matters!

Please, if you believe in any religion don't think this is a provocation, it's only a Rock Discovery Thread.

I love rock and for those who love it too, we can't let it die. (And this is serious)

I'm 17 years old and I don't like any current band. Really, the newest one that I like is Matchbox Twenty.

I share with my little brothers rock songs and will share with my children (when I have one). I never forced them to like rock, because they need to love it from themselves, they need to feel rock like I feel, forcing them isn't a way.
So share with people that you love songs that you love too.

I made this thread with one porpuse: discover new songs. So share your unknown song (not a famous one, without a lot of views) that you love. Can be from a famous band, but needs to be a not famous ROCK song.

(It's a song that you like, don't be shy, no one will judge you. Also, any kind of rock and needs to be unknown for you. Sometimes a song on your country is famous, but worldwide isn't, share!)

So I'll share one, it's not hard rock, it's not metal, it's a calm song, but it is still rock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bedWROkFUrw
My father shared with me this song and I love it. I never heard about this german band and never saw nobody saying about it, so I think isn't well-known.

Train Ended, but if you want to share a song, you're always welcome!

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Rock won't die. And a lot of great rock music is made today, you just have to know where to find it. Not on the radio or television. And that's not a problem for me, since too much popularity and big money only kills love and passion for music.

Blood Ceremony "Goodbye Gemini"

7 years ago

The problem is that a lot of teenagers aren't listening anymore. Good music exists, but need listeners. Thanks for sharing!

7 years ago

Since there is no german band here so far...

try out
Itchy Poopzkid (such a great name)

dont worry, all their song are in english ;-)

7 years ago

Great one, thanks for sharing!

7 years ago

if you want good rock music, i recommend having a good look at the 70s. there is so, so much to discover from that time. there really isn't any need for new music, you can find so much good old stuff, that it will probably last for a life time. :)

from my current playlist:

• Yesterday's Children
  • Sir Lord Baltimore ("Kingdom Come" is an absolute masterpiece!)
  • Blue Cheer (listen to "Fruit and Icebergs" - fantastic song!)
  • Josefus
  • Toad
  • Dust
  • Grand Funk Railroad
  • Iron Claw
  • Leaf Hound
  • Steel Mill
  • Samuel Prody
  • Bang
  • Blues Creation
  • Stonewall
  • Ancient Grease
  • Elias Hulk
  • Stack Waddy
  • The Human Instinct
  • Captain Beyond
  • Edgar Broughton
  • Lucifer's Friend

If you have Spotify, you can listen to my playlist (not sure, but I guess it's also availabla for free users, as long as you have or create an account there). I am sure you will find something you like there. :)

https://open.spotify.com/user/killingarts/playlist/2lR3cf7ZvTDOYGAWjdV9vg

And if someone has some 70s recommendations for me that are not in that list, please go ahead and tell me. Always looking for more good music of this type. :)

7 years ago

Hey, ever heard of the Metal Weekly steam group?
You can find loads of great bands there if you like your rock heavier and harder than the usual!

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

7 years ago

Awesome songs, thanks for sharing!

7 years ago

Frenzhal Rhomb - Cocksucker

An Aussie punk rock band. They have a lot of great songs if you're into punk. Especially their earlier stuff.

7 years ago

Bumpy thanks! ^_^

7 years ago

PumBerinho!

7 years ago

7 years ago

These are all amazing artist and songs (RIP Nujabes :( ) but none of these are rock^^ The XX is the closest to rock you've got in there and they're more indie/electronic pop than anything

7 years ago

Yup I know. This thread need some diversity!

Actually I just don't know any not famous and really good rock songs. So I thought that these songs are better than nothing. Or 12414235324234 link to Hendrix, Tool etc ;).

7 years ago

Well, there's one band nobody here but me should know. It's pretty much the only Japanese band I found that does actual rock (i.e.: not jpop or visual-kei).

It's called Kinniku Shoujo Tai (็ญ‹่‚‰ๅฐ‘ๅฅณๅธฏ - sometimes also called KING-SHOW) and this song is Nakanaori no Teema (ไปฒ็›ดใ‚Šใฎใƒ†ใƒผใƒž or Theme of Reconciliation in English).

7 years ago

7 years ago

bumps!

7 years ago

Rival Sons - Tell Me Something - genre: classic rock; sometimes they are called new incarnation of Led Zeppelin
The Graveltones - I want your love - genre: heavy blues; 2 guys who rock better than 4 guys, I used to call them new incarnation of The White Stripes
Morphine - Buena - genre: Morphine; seriously, they have such a specific sound you won't mistake them with anyone else
Kristen - Music will soothe me - genre: ambient; usually they play ambient-ish things but this one stands out, it's a bit of rock and a bit of electronic music, definitely interesting piece of music though

7 years ago

bump

7 years ago

\m/ BUMP \m/

7 years ago

up

7 years ago

bumped!
โ™‰

7 years ago

Don't know what genres you like but Blues Rock is booming these days:

July Talk - The Garden

Royal Blood - Little Monster

No Sinner - If Anything

7 years ago

Bump!

7 years ago

Bump!

7 years ago

BUMP t(o_ot)

7 years ago

\m/

7 years ago

Here's a band that isn't widely known (well, they aren't totally unknown either), but I'm sure it's one that many Foo Fighters fans recognize. I love the intro on this song!

Taylor Hawkins & the Coattail Riders - It's Over

7 years ago*

Bump...

7 years ago

7 years ago

Thanks for sharing!

7 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by FelipeMarques.