Info:
https://www.triadwars.com/

You can also register for the closed beta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQn4OvRrK0A

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Reminds me of the Godfather. Just more complicated. It's gonna be interesting to follow, I'll give it that.

9 years ago

Sooo its like the old facebook game, gang wars, built using the old sleeping dogs engine in order to compete with GTA V's online MP.
Sounds... well something.

Ill also wager that they will have TONS of paid DLC that ends up equating to pay to win crap.

9 years ago

And here I thought the community would be more excited about a new Sleeping Dogs game... And now i find 500 likes against 700 dislikes. What a dissapointment... Oh well, I'm already waiting for a beta invite :)

9 years ago

It's because people want Sleeping Dogs 2, not ....this.

9 years ago

I want both, actually anything would do...I trust them to make a good game.

9 years ago

Thanks For The Info!! I Didn't Even Know About This! Cool!!

9 years ago

Meh, not interested. I'm just gonna play Sleeping Dogs finally cause I still haven't.

9 years ago

It's a good game, I enjoyed the story.

9 years ago

Good idea, I should do the same.

9 years ago

Do it. Its an awesome game.

They're coming out with a new edition of Sleeping Dogs called "Definitive Sleeping Dogs" all DLC + its tweaked graphically. Its not on Steam yet, but is coming out the same time as the PS4/One versions for PC.

9 years ago

Really its for consoles, we already have everything in it plus the HD Textures.

Not sure why its releasing on PC...

9 years ago

Because a mini-relaunch can push a few more sales and the marketing engine is on anyway... So why not.

9 years ago

Sleeping Dogs is a fantastic game. The voice acting is fantastic, the story is great and the characters are interesting.

9 years ago

Why are people mad about this? Video looks awesome...it has the gameplay of Sleeping Dogs but online which is what people wanted when the game came out...a multiplayer mode, this is just a big one.

Looks like APB but with better everything.

9 years ago

Speaking for myself, it's because it's a F2P MMO (sorry about the acronyms), not a proper game.

9 years ago

proper game

implying a paywall makes a game "proper"

9 years ago

Yes, that's what I'm implying. I consider what you call a paywall a requirement for a proper game.

9 years ago

And then we get another Sims, Battlefield, A:CM... well, it's your problem, not mine.

9 years ago

What's your point? I'm obviously not saying that any and every proper game is good. And you'll see, if free-to-play becomes the standard, it will be your problem as well as mine.

9 years ago

Free to play games have been getting better, am I the only person who remembers how bad they were just a couple years ago? Now we have good ones....that are fair to non paying players.

I don't usually agree with Aboow but I do here, a proper game does not mean a price tag. If that was true games like Cave Story are apparently not proper and the Sims 4 is....

9 years ago

Maybe I can't really see the progression because I don't play them at all. I know something about mobile games and they went from paid/free with ads to free with monetization and not in a nice way.

Cave Story: completely free is obviously ok, I don't think I need to explain that. We are talking about free-to-play with monetization elements. Frankly I don't know anything about The Sims 4... what's up with it?

9 years ago

"I don't play them at all."

To be fair how can you say any of this then?

"I know something about mobile games and they went from paid/free with ads to free with monetization and not in a nice way."

We are sorta talking about a full fledged PC game here, not a quick buck game like most phone games...

"Cave Story: completely free is obviously ok, I don't think I need to explain that. We are talking about free-to-play with monetization elements. Frankly I don't know anything about The Sims 4... what's up with it?"

True but many free to play games now don't limit you or make you weaker, a lot only do cosmetics and thats to an extent, you can still get a lot by playing.

Here is the sims 4 problems, they removed A LOT of stuff, honesty this doesn't even cover evereything....its a mess....

9 years ago

I tried a few F2P games, but I don't really play them. I do read reviews and opinion pieces. This said, it is my general impression that the mobile world is a test bench for the direction of the computer world at large, in many ways, starting from the Walled Garden approach that Apple launched and Microsoft intended and partially tried to bring to Desktops with Windows 8.

So what I fear is that, while there are success stories of non-explotative F2P, publishers which don't achieve such success will resort to less acceptable practices and that this will slowly become the norm. Hopefully it will never happen: only time will tell.

Finally, I really despise grinding as a method of progression, so having it as an alternative to payments doesn't satisfy me and I consider it bad design.

Now I'll go take a look at that Sims link, you can take a look at this and you'll know exactly what I am concerned about (yes, it's a mobile version of Dungeon Keeper, but it's also EA and not a quick buck half-rogue company like King or Zynga).

9 years ago

See you say the mobile world is a test bench but free to play games have been around long before smart phones and if anything have gotten better as time went on, back in the day pretty much every free to play games was a cash grab, its turning around lately.

"Finally, I really despise grinding as a method of progression"

Again, most free games are going against this now, it USE to be the norm though, yes.

9 years ago

All right, I'll keep an open mind and see what the future brings us. I'm still slightly pessimistic, though.

9 years ago

I am more of a realist then a cynic but I get it, as of now though its heading in an alright direction, hopefully that lasts.

9 years ago

So "proper" is an entirely meaningless buzzword for you, solely used to demonstrate the principle of "I said so".

9 years ago

Nope. Like I said in another reply, proper is a prerequisite, not a sufficient condition. Also, I don't think it's much of a buzzword.

9 years ago

So? nowadays there are plenty of fair free to play games....most nowadays seem to be pay to advance stupid fast, not pay to win....

9 years ago

So, a free game that wants to making money has to incorporate elements in its design that do not aim at making the game better, but at making the player spend money. This is what I find unacceptable. This is same issue as with the old coin-ops, but subtler and more scientific (Gamasutra has plenty of resources on game monetization if you're interested).

9 years ago

If they do it like its done in games like Path Of Exile then I see nothing wrong with it. If you can't spend a couple dollars supporting a dev on a cosmetic thats fine but I see no wrong in it and I really don't see that as "So, a free game that wants to making money has to incorporate elements in its design that do not aim at making the game better, but at making the player spend money".

Devs gotta eat and this is a good way of making an MMO nowadays, nobody is seeing the benefits in a monthly system anymore it seems and I agree, it just makes games die, open it for everyone and you will have the people that spend a ton on crap like cosmetics or even XP boosters which imo is fine because I rather take my time leveling and such anyways. Everyone else can still enjoy the game without spending a dime...

9 years ago

It might be a viable way for MMOs, but even then, a few success stories don't mean that the general model is sustainable in the long run. Maybe it is, I can't tell for sure. As far as I am concerned, cosmetic is certainly fine, while XP boosts are borderline.

My point was a general one, though. Look at what happened on mobile platform: that's what I don't want to see in PC gaming. Games designed not to be fun and challenging but to hook you and then frustrate you into paying either to just progress or to overcome excessive, artificial difficulty spikes.

9 years ago

XP boosts

Battlefield Premium still charges for that, charges for DLC which are clearly ripped out of the game and yet, your 300$ price tag on the full game makes it a proper game and thus, by default, superior?

You have your handful of bad apples and generalize while someone else can't use success stories as a positive example? Oh, why do I even bother...

9 years ago

I stay well away from Battlefield, CoD and the like. I despise that model too and it's even worse than free-to-play in my opinion. Nothing is "by default superior" and what I meant is that being "a proper game" is a prerequisite to be fair and good, not that it's sufficient.

Positive examples are welcome and I didn't intend to dismiss them. My point is that the model where only cosmetic items and XP boosts are for sale will not be dominant, in my opinion. I hope I made myself clear this time.

9 years ago

That model makes a shit ton of money unlike cheesy grinder games who are hardly played around here, so I think your stupid view isn't exactly shared anywhere.

9 years ago

I was trying to have a discussion here, but it's clearly not worth it with people like you.

9 years ago

Looks terrific! I loved Sleeping Dogs, and this looks decent.
I trust them to create one more masterpiece.

9 years ago

Looks pretty nice, better visuals, the driving looks better.. I'd try it.

9 years ago

The Strange Survey asking if we like APB Reloaded tells me this game is already a failure....

9 years ago

looks good, signed up for beta

9 years ago

honestly I would have just preferred a single player sequel, but hey, every game needs to be multiplayer to make money, amirite...

9 years ago

So it's an MMO? I thought they were making something good like a real sequal!

9 years ago

just be patient, sleeping dogs 1 was too much of a success to not give us a real sequel :)

9 years ago

Maybe I'm blind, but the combat does not really remind me of Sleeping Dogs. I was kind of hoping for something like Sleeping Dogs combat plus Planetside team combat, but those very brief flashes of combat for some reason remind me more of World of Warcraft.

Is anyone else getting a weird vibe from that video? Or is this just all in my head?

9 years ago

Online? No thanks. sleeping dogs is one of the best games i've played, i hoped for SD2, not for online crap.

9 years ago

I hope it will be kinda APB but better.

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.