RECRUITMENT CLOSED!!!

Hello again kind people of SG :D

After weeks of stressing about me not being able to make a big giveaway for christmas this year, I decided I still wanted to share some of my christmas love with the kind people of SG even though I couldn't afford much. This made me think of a solution; why not make a group where people like me, who want to share in the christmas spirit and the joy of giving yet can't spend much these holidays, can still join a small and exclusive group where people don't have to give away a lot, to share their love.

We are searching for people who like christmas and the giving and receiving of presents while not having a big enough budget to join some of the other giveaway groups on SG. Of course people who do have the ability to spend more are welcome as well, but if you decide to giveaway more than 1 game, please do not expect others to giveaway a lot / something expansive, that's the whole point of this group, to give people who can't spend much these holidays a chance.

The rules for joining this group are simple:

1 (most important) - Try to have fun with the holidays, it's a time where you are supposed to be happy :)

2 - All people who join this group will have to create at least 1 GA exclusive to this group (however cheap it may be, even if it's something you bought for €0,01, it's the idea that counts) within 1 week of joining, this GA will have to run untill 25-12-2016 23:59 (11:59 PM) Timezone doesn't matter because christmas ends at different times all around the world :p

3 - Please do not just join GA's to get a +1 to your library, there are people who might be interested in the game for real and would actually enjoy it as a christmas present

4 - If you get less than 5 entries, do not delete the GA, you joined this group because you wanted to share the love of christmas, not to gain profitz

5 - this isn't really a rule, but if you feel like giving away more than 1 game, you are welcome to do so.

After this event I will look into the future of this group, I might just continue running this group if it gets a positive response :)

Steam group page

SteamGifts group page

[Edit 1: please don't make region restricted GA's to give everybody a fair chance, please don't blame duckhorse for his region restricted GA, I forgot to mention this before his GA was created, so it's not his fault]

[Edit 2: forgot to state this before, but please don't forget to check if the person who won your GA created his/her own GA, as this group is meant to share in the christmas spirit, it's not meant to just receive gifts without complying to the rules]

[Edit 3: Because of the great feedback I've been getting I decided to indeed continue this group after the event, but there will be some changes coming, if you would like to know the things that will change, please check out my first draft for the recruitment topic that I'll launch after new year, feedback to this will be appreciated :3 New recruitment topic]

[Edit 4: Please read the title, recruitment is closed, asking if you can join now is a waste of your time I'm afraid]

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Should I continue this group after the holidays?

View Results
YES!!! <3 :D
no.... groups by RedDevil_mm can't be good groups (I still love RedDevil_mm tho <3)
I'm going to act like a grown-up this time and not give the POTATO answer...... ^^

I'm interested. I would allow more members though. The chance to win something remains the same. It's just more opportunities, with a smaller chance per giveaway.

7 years ago

good idea, I will remove the restriction :) (and will invite you of course :D btw, first GA is up and running :3)

7 years ago

Thanks. Giveaway is online. Might do more (and better) later, depending on the success of the group. ;)

7 years ago

thanks for your kind contribution, I hope this group will be a success as well of course, as it's the first group I created myself, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make more GA's myself :(

7 years ago

I'll join if there will be some Humble Bundle before Christmas :) Otherwise I'm too broke IiviI

7 years ago

sure thing, if needed I can always extend the limit to create a GA to within 1 week of joining :)

7 years ago

It's your call :) Anyway bump this thread around 20-22th December as a reminder for me cos I have memory problems lately :/

7 years ago

will do so, and sorry to hear that :(

7 years ago

Nothing big but I tend to forget things. I guess it's because of not sleeping well and feeling tired all the time :)

7 years ago

ah, like that, glad it isn't something really bad :)

7 years ago

"not sleeping well and feeling tired all day" sounds exactly like me >u<"

About boosting the memory: you can try to supplement a bit magnesium and B6 and/or take my favourite magic substance! ლ(´ڡ`ლ) And no, it's not a drug, it's choline present in eggs and soy, beneficial both for your brain and the liver (◕‿◕✿)

7 years ago

Magnesium is a really great idea cos I have muscle cramps sometimes as well. I will try to eat more eggs then :) I also have started practicing yoga it helps me to have a good sleep, I didn't expect this tbh, I was just curious how it looks like cos I've never done this before :)

7 years ago

I want to join! I would like to give some people christmas gifts :D

7 years ago

thank you kindly for your christmas spirit :)

[Edit: invited :D]

7 years ago

Yay :)

7 years ago

I have some games to give. Can I join?

7 years ago

sure you can, I just invited you :D

enjoy the holidays ;)

7 years ago

Yo, let me in! :D

7 years ago

you've been granted a magical key to the front door of this group :p invite has been sent :3

7 years ago

Thank you!!! <3 hoping i will get a game in a few minutes to create GA :D So, giveaway end date has to be 25-12-2016 23:59?

7 years ago

yup, time zone doesn't matter, as there is christmas all around the world :)

7 years ago

Roger that!

7 years ago

i'll join if there's room, while i do enter every giveaway to have +1 in my library i will also give the same amount i've won if not more, if that is okay send me an invite(i have a habit of buying bundles and not claiming them, winning stuff and giving it away is abit better imo).

7 years ago

since you put it that way, I can't refuse your kindness, welcome to the group and hope you enjoy the holiday season of course :)

7 years ago

btw, i made 25 ga's atm that include this group, incase you want to know =p.

if possible don't let this group get too big, i'm trying to give stuff to small groups only.

7 years ago*

I am trying to keep the group between 100 and 150 people, tho for those 25 GA's you won't have to worry, because I don't think the group will grow really quick in the 2 days that are left on your GA's ;)

7 years ago

100-150 seems abit much for me, but for now i'll stick around ^^.

7 years ago

haha, tbh, I might keep the amount of people that are allowed to enter lower for now, but I don't know for sure yet, I've never created a group before so I will be keeping an eye on everything untill this first event is finished. After all, I need to see how everything works out first as this is all kind of trial and error for me too of course :)

7 years ago

you seem pretty responsible, so as long as you keep watching over this, i'm fine =p.

7 years ago

haha, thank you, hope everything stays to your (and everybody else their) satisfaction :)

7 years ago

I got some bundle leftover and I need to dump it somewhere
So, invite me.. XD

7 years ago

you've been invited, early merry christmas :3

7 years ago

Thank you :D
I'll make giveaway in few hours

7 years ago

Nice idea, can i join?

7 years ago

sure you can, I welcome you to this, so far, really exclusive little group of people :)

7 years ago

entered, thanks ^^ will create some cristmass gibs in few days ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

7 years ago

sure thing :)

7 years ago

I have some games leftover and would like to giving it away. Can i join?

7 years ago

haha, sure, I welcome you to this little christmas group :)

7 years ago

Can I get an invite?

7 years ago

invite has been send :D happy holidays to you :)

7 years ago

(◕‿-)

7 years ago

I am interested!

View attached image.
7 years ago*

haha, good :)

Invite has been send

early merry christmas! :D

7 years ago

Early, present and future Merry Christmas to you too! I thank thee!

7 years ago

hi steven, just wanted to let you know that you have 1 more day to create your GA for the group, otherwise I'm afraid I will have to remove you as stated in the rules, I can't make exceptions after all, sorry

7 years ago

Rules are rules, no need to be sorry, I am the one who should apologize.Thank you very much Red for the reminder, had some trouble with steam community (and from what I noticed was not the only one) and couldn't join the group or accept invites to start the giveaway, got the "sorry, error communicating with community server" messages lately when I tried clicking accept and I just gave up for a while and waited for steam to fix it. I will try now again and will get the giveaways up by tonight as soon as I return from college.

7 years ago

no worries, and I'm sorry for the harsh rule, I have to make sure everybody in the group stays happy :3

thank you for your kind and quick reply :)

7 years ago

Solved my initial requirement, Managed to accept. I will make more in due time. Thanks again!

7 years ago

I'll join O/

7 years ago

an invite has been send your way :D

hope you enjoy the holidays as well :)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

I'm sorry to hear it's been a tight year, as a student, my years so far are all kind of tight, but that's to be expected. I'll send you an invite, but please, feel free to enter some GA's :) it's christmas, you deserve to get a present as well right? ;)

7 years ago

that was my same idea :3

7 years ago

Interested in joining! Really nice initiative! :)

7 years ago

Invite has been send ^^

happy holidays to you as well of course :D

7 years ago

Could I join :D

7 years ago

sure you can, an invitation has been send your way :p

merry christmas in advance ;)

7 years ago

I'd like to join please, I see some familiar friendly names:)

7 years ago

ho ho ho, merry (early) christmas, your invite has been delivered :3

7 years ago

This sounds super nice! I would love to participate. :)

7 years ago

Ik stel het ook zeer op prijs dat je bij de groep wilt :D

you've been invited :) happy holidays from a fellow dutchie :3

7 years ago

Hi castalyst, just wanted to let you know that you have 1 more day to create your GA for the group, otherwise I'm afraid I will have to remove you as stated in the rules, I can't make exceptions after all, sorry

7 years ago

Ah sorry, things have been so hectic this week that I completely forgot! Will fix that immediately. :)

7 years ago

This group is basically how to describe Vilk in three words :D I want in! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

7 years ago

hahaha, you've received an invitation to How to describe Vilk in three words :D (alias Poor But Generous :3)

merry christmas and a happy new game :p

7 years ago

Can i join, i got a few bundled games so if i could giveaway some of them would be awesome.
I've given up for entering giveaways just for +1 and only try to get games i want now :)

7 years ago

sure you can join :)

hope you have nice holidays :D

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

Nice job, I think this a great concept, I would love to join!

7 years ago

omg, you have such WUMBO :O of course I will invite you! :3

welcome to the christmas party, happy holidays ;)

7 years ago

Can i join? I'll create some giveaways on friday, when i get my salary :D

7 years ago

an invitation has reached your inbox, merry xmas (IKIK, way to soon :3)

7 years ago

Sounds like a great idea, I'm in :)

7 years ago

the christmas party is happy to welcome you ;)

I wish you a merry christmas and happy new year in advance!

7 years ago

Great!

And to you, hope you have a great Christmas!

7 years ago

Can I join ? I have some small gibs that I can give

7 years ago

sure you can join, hope you will enjoy christmas as much as I do each year :)

7 years ago

Hi hacksy, just wanted to let you know that you have 1 more day to create your GA for the group, otherwise I'm afraid I will have to remove you as stated in the rules, I can't make exceptions after all, sorry

7 years ago

No problem, I will create one right away :)

7 years ago

Done :D

7 years ago

I'm in

7 years ago

yes you are :p

welcome to our little christmas club :3

7 years ago