If the giveaways have the same value being sorted (e.g. by new), the order is not the same every load.
If someone makes more giveaways than they fit on a single page or their giveaways span 2 pages, then often you see the same giveaway twice (or more) and thus you don't see certain giveaways.

Example of different order sorted by new on 2 page loads:

1 week ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Yeah. I've also noticed this. I think it only happens when multiple GAs are ending at the same time.

1 week ago

I think it only happens when multiple GAs are ending at the same time.

This, based on my experience.

1 week ago

This must be the explanation, because I do see the games in the same order. I believe (unless my faulty memory is now inventing things instead of only forgetting them!) that there was a fix a year or two ago that mostly resolved this issue. It was worse as every page reload gave a different order.

Knowing a fix was put in, I find this continued problem strange/"unforgiveable" because every timestamp that I have ever seen is accurate to a very fine point - perhaps milliseconds. As such, even games ending at the "same" time should (almost) always have a set order among them.

1 week ago

I can't help you with that. But I have a question: Why do you see so much informations about the games, like tags and so on?

1 week ago

Thank you very much!

1 week ago

It has happened as long as I've been here (almost half and four years).
It happens in other places, e.g. the Giveaways Created page.

1 week ago

There's websites I use that duplicate elements when this happens, so I don't mind this.

1 week ago

That's what happens when you make a SQL query with only 1 sort order... Should be ordered by <first criteria> then one more, like <id> (because you can have multiple giveaways of the same game with the same name).
SELECT * FROM <table> ORDER BY <your sort order>,<id>

1 week ago*

how you can see the genre of games

1 week ago

1 week ago

thanks

1 week ago

I've noticed this in the past, my workaround was to add a one minute offset when creating multiple giveaways ending on the same date ;)

10:00
10:01
10:02
etc.

1 week ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.