Click here to find stat comparisons: https://www.steamgifts.com/stats/personal/steam

As for myself, I spend a considerable more amount of money on Action games than an average Steam user (27% vs 20%), but less for Indie games (15% vs 19%) and Casual (3% vs 7%). Other genres (Adventure, RPG, Strategy, Simulation, Early Access, Sports, Massively Multiplayer, Racing) are close to each other by 1-2% difference.

In regards to playtime, the largest differences are Action, Simulation, and Massively Multiplayer that favor for me. Games like War Thunder, MS Flight Sim 2020, DCS, etc. would fit my tastes. Average Steam user have higher playtime percentage in Adventure, Strategy, and Casual. I am not sure what kind of games would have those three genres.

View attached image.
11 months ago

Comment has been collapsed.

My bigest difference :

Into Spend : Indie (23% vs 19%)

Into Playtime : Action (25% vs 19%) / Indie (22% vs 14%) / Racing (12% vs 1% -> i have 400 hours of gameplay with Distance and Ballistic NG (arcade racing games))

11 months ago

I think I tend to play one game at a time as much as possible.

Still, this information is not very distinctive.( 「'Θ')📉

View attached image.
11 months ago

I never knew bout that link. Surprised that the average dollar value of a Steam account for users on here is 14k!!! Just noticed I’m poor compared to lot of folks out there even though I thought I spent quite a bit of money on games in general (3k value)

Looks like I spend more on Action (30% vs 20%). Time spent is even more drastic (45% vs 19%)

10 months ago

bundle games and those 200 dollar games you can buy for $3 inflate the value a bit.

10 months ago

They pay only cents in the shady shops.
For $3 they get, at least, 15 copies of such games.

10 months ago

Bundles really do help inflate that value. You're often getting around a 90-95% effective discount that way.

10 months ago

For me "spent" seems to roughly match the averages with the only somewhat noticeable difference being in indie, which makes sense to me because it was indies what made me discover Steam in the first place.
On the other hand it looks like my playtime greatly diverges from the averages, except for casual apparently, with the largest difference being in racing with a 9% vs 1%. I guess SG users don't tend to like vroom vroom games as much as I do :P

View attached image.
10 months ago

I guess SG users don't tend to like vroom vroom games as much as I do :P

Haha I was just thinking the same thing in my stats. 1% seems very low for racing. I have 4% and they have no idea how much time I have spent playing NFS games on EA and Ubi XD

10 months ago

Similar for me with Racing :)

10 months ago

For me Strategy is the one that stands out. When it comes to "spent" it's 13% vs 9%, but when it comes to playtime it's 19% vs 8%

MMOs & Sports is where I tend to spend less both money and time than the average.

10 months ago

awesome link, thank you.

it also look kinda accurate: double playtime in Indie and Casual :D

10 months ago

Hah, I can't believe they have "Early Access" as a category. Seems a little redundant to me

Looking at the lists - no surprises - Strategy, Simulation, EA and MMO are all below average.
and no surprises - Indie, Action, Adventure are all higher than average.
And again, like others, Racing games a lot higher than average as well (nothing to do with Rocket League... lol)

10 months ago*

While it's not a genre, I think it is still nice to see from a statistics point. I would also love to see free to play there but we won't get the spending information from Steam API.

10 months ago

I am a bit surprised about mine since from what I know I only own 1 or 2 Early Access games but mine says I played 13% Early Access games, am curious which games those are to be honest.
Also I spend 0% on MMO? Had the idea I own a few MMO games, but guess not?
Adventure, Indie, Casual, RPG are my main ones I guess, most puzzle games but guess they fall under either Indie or Casual?

Am a bit confused about some of the categories, why is Indie a category? Isn't every game that's not from an AA(A) publisher an Indie game, aka 80% to 90% of all games on Steam? Also wonder why Early Access is a category as well, weird choices if you ask me! Also would have changed Racing into Sports to be able to add more games to it, but oh well.

10 months ago

These are just how Steam categorizes games. You can simply check your Steam library and you'l know which games you own in these genre categories.
And games can belong to multiple genres. So some game can belong to indie, casual, action and RPG etc.

View attached image.
10 months ago*

Never actually looked at that, thanks!
Turns out I own 535 indie games, 8 early access, 4 MMO, 469 casual games and I own 742 game according to my library so yeah, am surprised I own so many not indie games :O

10 months ago

I've spent considerably more in Adventure than the average user, my 36% vs average 15%. Somewhat more on Action (29% vs 20%) and about the same on Indie (19% & 19%). All the rest I've spent less on, with the lowest being 0% spent on Racing.
I have considerably more playtime in both Action (44% vs 20%) and Adventure (25% vs 11%), and slightly more in RPG (13% vs 10%). Indie is again about the same and Racing comes in last with another 0%, so no surprises there.

On a side note, my account value seems to be only half the value of the average user. :D

10 months ago

Pretty balanced I think. My top 3 of strategy, sims and RPGs cover all traditional perceptions of German gamers. ;)

View attached image.
10 months ago*

View attached image.
10 months ago

I never knew about this feature on Steamgifts, that's awesome!

I spend a lot more on indie titles than the average user (32% vs. 19%) and also play them more (33% vs. 21%). My next biggest difference is the amount spent on adventure games (27% vs. 15% for spending, 21% vs. 11% for playtime). Funnily enough, I spend significantly less on action games than average (12% vs. 20%).

My account's also apparently worth half of most users on here ($7,500 compared to ~$14,000), and I play 9% more of my games than average, which both strike me as a good thing.

View attached image.
10 months ago

I play a lot more strategy, indie, casual and simulation games and much lesser action games.

View attached image.
10 months ago

The Spend graph is kind of arbitrary since most of my library comes from bundles back when I activated everything and is thus pretty random (and the Percentage Played graph shows that I only played 20%... ^_^' ).

Obviously I'm contributing to the Racing and Sports average being so low. ;D

View attached image.
10 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.