Hello, steamgifters! 😃

It is time to continue the adventures! Steam Dungeons invites you to take part in the new quest called "An Unexpected Frost" which begins this Friday at 16:00 GMT!

For those who don't know what Steam Dungeons is - it is the world of exciting dungeon-crawling adventures with an old-school vibe: full of exploration, dangerous monsters, traps and, of course, treasures! :)

Steam Dungeons was made specially for SteamGifts a little bit over 2 years ago and has gone a long way since then! A long time has passed since the last event, and there are tons of changes this time as well, including great variety of interactable objects, characters, improvements in balance and design - overall, the dungeons got even bigger and diverse! Steam Dungeons consists of quests (SG events) which start periodically: in each quest you have to explore huge dungeons while upgrading your hero, fighting monsters, finding new items and treasures and interacting with other players in different ways - all of that right in your browser.

Here you can see the list of previous events!

"The Legend of TItans" quest (5.0)

Halloween quest 2016

Quest for Dungeon Heart #2

Quest for Dungeon Heart #1 (4.0)

Game of sWords 3.0

Game of sWords 2.0

Here is the topic of the first one, which started back in November 2 years ago.

Treasures in Steam Dungeons are SteamGifts giveaways - you find some of them throughout the adventure and, by completing a quest among the winners, get access to all giveaways contributed for the event!

By contributing giveaways for Steam Dungeons events you get Coins which you can spend in sWords Market to get some items and artifacts that will help you improve your progress and thus increase your chances to get access to all contributed giveaways! Moreover, you'll get lots of positive emotions when happy people will find your treasures in the dungeon:)

Any contributions are highly appreciated (dungeons are great when they are filled with treasures! :) ), but, of course, voluntary - everyone is welcome to play and enjoy the game and everyone has a chance to win, regardless on whether you will or will not make a contribution. Contributors, naturally, will have higher chances to win, but overall, success will be determined by your strategy, attention and choices you make.

You can find something to read, including tips on strategy, FAQ and even the story of the kingdom of sWords, in sWords Library.

You can also join the Steam group where I inform followers about my plans and upcoming updates.

And you can join the Discord channel for some extra fun during the adventure :)

The registration and contribution period has already started and will last until the start of the event at 16:00 GMT this Friday (22nd of December)!

This is when you can register for the upcoming quest with a preferrable class (there are 3 of them - each is unique and has its own winners' limit), contribute giveaways for the event (which will become the treasures of the dungeon), get your Coins reward and spend it on something useful in the Market to start the adventure confidently :)

The amount of Coins you get as a reward depends on several factors:

• game being bundled on SG;
  • game price in Steam (with current discounts);
  • game rating in Steam.

You can register for a quest and contribute giveaways here.

You will get your Coins once the giveaway is checked and approved - make sure to read the rules carefully!

Let's fill this dungeon with lots of treasures to make an adventure even more exciting! :)

View attached image.
6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Which class will you choose?

View Results
I was a warrior and will be a warrior again!
I was not a warrior, but will be a warrior this time!
I was a wizard and will be a wizard again!
I was not a wizard, but will be a wizard this time!
I was a rogue and will be a rogue again!
I was not a rogue, but will be a rogue this time!

Another one? o_O

Two questions:

1. Will the length of this one be similar to The Legend of Titans?
  2. Do you have plans for just a couple events in the near future OR do you want to make them a quite frequent thing?
6 years ago

Another one! :)

1. Yes, this quest will be as large (or probably even larger!) as "The Legend of Titans" and will be connected with it story-wise
  2. I wish to make SD events a regular thing, but it will highly depend on the community support. I stll have lots of ideas for new features and story plots and hope not to run out of enthusiasm :)
6 years ago

The post is kind of hard to read with so much large text, bolding, hyperlinking, etc.

6 years ago

I edited it a little, hope it is a bit easier on your eyes now :)

6 years ago

TY! Much easier.

6 years ago

Bump and meow.

One small request: can you please post the time that contributed giveaways should end in a way that people in obscure timezones (cough New Zealand cough) can calculate exactly when you want the giveaways to end. I think there are websites that make that easier.

6 years ago

The time shown on the website should be your local time :)
If it is incorrect - giveaways should finish at 16:00 GMT on 13th of January.
I won't really mind if they end few hours earlier or later though.

6 years ago*

Thanks. Something is wrong with the calculator on the website. The website is telling me the GAs should end at 19:00 on 13 Jan, when the correct time should be 04:00 on 14 Jan, as that will be 16:00 GMT on 13 Jan. I guess the website thinks I'm in Moscow. :-3

6 years ago*

Apparently there is some problem with detecting certain timezones!
GMT time is displayed there now as well.

6 years ago

Thanks!

6 years ago

SG thinks I'm in Africa. When I asked support it said it was my browser's fault...

6 years ago

Oho, I will participate again! :D

But I have noticed that you have lowered finishing places.... well, that will be a challenge for me to get to the top ten! ;)

Edit: Ehm, I corrected my stupid mistake, hehe, I thought it lokked weird. XD

6 years ago*

Yes, limits of winners were supposed to create competition between players of each class, and since no class got 25 winners last time (and thus there was no competition in fact), I decided to lower that number ;)

6 years ago

Yes, I understand that, but it doesn't make me happy. x) Well, I need to find as many treasures as I can!! \o/

6 years ago

I'm sure you'll do fine! It took a while even for 10 winners' spots to get taken in the previous quest, so you will have a lot of time to claim one of the spots :) But of course, you are right - it would be a good idea to try to find as many treasures as possible throughout the adventure.

6 years ago

Haha, thank you for your kind and reassuring words. ;D
It surely didn't seem to me like that, each time I returned to the dungeon someone completed it. XD But to be honest, I took some sweet time going around the dungeon. ;)

6 years ago

Bump.

6 years ago

21 treasures have been contributed so far! :)

Edit: 53 treasures so far!

6 years ago*

Make that 28.
Bump

6 years ago

I say 35!

6 years ago

39+1
I'll add another later, need 1 coin. :P

6 years ago

More like 53+1 :)

6 years ago

^

6 years ago

bump

6 years ago

^

6 years ago

Bump and meow

6 years ago

Bump :)

6 years ago

Bump!

6 years ago

Are the rings in the market pieces of equipment that you can lose when you die, and you can you only have 1 ring total? Or is it more like a passive ability?

6 years ago

It is stored in artifacts tab in game, so you can't lose them.
Pretty sure you can buy all, if you have the coins you can try buying more than 1, you can refund them, so there should be no harm in trying.

6 years ago

As Kuzu said, all artifacts, including rings, will be in the Artifacts tab in the inventory, they can not be lost under any circumstances. You can purchase multiple rings and their effects will stack up.

6 years ago

Less than 4 hours left and the dungeon has 63 treasures at this moment!

6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by SErVER51.