(25.11-15.12) Join the dungeon-crawling Giveaway Adventure in Steam Dungeons! [70+ GAs]

Hello Steamgifters! It is that time again - adventure time! Join an exciting adventure with a large amount of treasures!

All of us like playing games, and all of us like winning games. So, how about playing a game and winning games while playing?

• Introduction

Game of sWords is a text RPG Adventure where you can explore dungeons, upgrade your hero, find useful items, weapons and artifacts, avoid deadly traps, fight dangerous monsters and interact with other players while searching for treasures (private SteamGifts giveaways links) on your way and trying to complete a quest to get access to a huge amount of private giveaways! Each quest has a limited number of winners split between 3 available classes - Barbarian, Wizard and Thief, so the chances in each giveaway will always be great.

All giveaways have no restrictions, so anyone who finds them can join them!

A lot of giveaways have been contributed by the community members, and I would like to say a big Thank You to everyone who made a contribution! :)

Here is the topic of the previous quest.

Here is the topic of Game of sWords v3.

Here is the topic of the second Game of sWords.

And here is the topic of the first one, which started back in November last year.

• Important notes about the Game

Your hero has Energy Points and Health Points.
Most of the actions require Energy Points. Energy can be replenished using items which you can find everywhere, thus it is important to check everything around you!

Energy also replenishes over time and that time can be reduced with special artifacts that can be found during the adventure.
Note, that the Energy won't be replenishing during the battles (you can only restore it with potions)!

If you lose all your Health Points, you will also lose all the Energy you had plus you will have to wait for a few hours to be resurrected. Energy can not be replenished while you are dead!

Note: If you have problems navigating through the map, you can switch to Simplified Navigation at the bottom right corner.

I highly recommend to visit sWords Library that has a lot of other useful information that will help you in the adventure

• What's new in Game of sWords?

Lots of changes have been made since the previous quest to make the game more enjoyable! You can see the list of main changes here.

• Commands you can use in chat:

You can trade with other adventurers through the Chat using following command: /trade *amount* *item(s) you have* for *amount* *item(s) you want*

E.g.
/trade 5 small healing potions for 3 small energy potions
/trade 5 acceleration scrolls for 100 coins

You can drop items/scrolls/coins/arrows using following command: /drop *amount* *item(s) you have*

You can give items/scrolls/coins/arrows to other adventurer using following command: /give *id* *amount* *item(s) you have*

Note: The Game engine is not properly supported by Internet Explorer (you will encounter all kinds of nasty bugs there) and it is recommended to use one of the following browsers: Chrome (perfect), Opera (perfect) or Firefox (great, but the game works a tiny bit slower and sounds sometimes mess up a little).

Current Winners limits: Barbarians:25, Mages:25, Thieves:25.

Winners get access to all giveaways available in the Game! (70+)

Everyone who finishes the Game after the limit is reached (while it is still runnning) gets 1 random treasure as a consolation prize!

All giveaways end in about a week! The Game will last for a week.

• Time to start the Adventure!

EVERYONE is invited to play the Game and search for treasures in the adventure! :)

The only requirement is that your Steam account should be more than 90 days old.

Join the official group

and

Start playing now!

Leaderboard

Want to suggest an idea to help me improve the game? Post it here! People can upvote or downvote it, and it will help me see what people do and do not want to be implemented. Thank you!

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Looks like a nice increase in giveaways near the end. :)

7 years ago

Yes! More than 20 giveaways were contributed just in a last few hours :)

7 years ago

It is Live!

I seem to be missing some items I bought from the market, like the first aid kits, exploding vials, special items that increase stats and stuff.

7 years ago

Hm? I have checked your profile - you do have all the items and stats you purchased.

7 years ago

so I am seeing skills at 4 and resistances at 2. I only have four special items shown.

I have the other items, in chrome it doesn't show the scroll bar so I forgot to scroll down.

7 years ago

The scroll bar should be there (I'm using Chrome too), it's just quite thin.
If it's not there for you, I'd like to see a screenshot :)

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

Scroll bar appears when there are many items in certain section of the inventory (so that they won't take too much space on screen).

7 years ago

In the last game, the special items that boost stats will show in parenthesis a (+2), but I am not seeing that this time.

7 years ago

There are no items, your stats are just increased from the start.

7 years ago

Good luck everyone! :)

7 years ago

After using the encourage, I don't get the option to use meditate.
I have 236/300 hp, 476/515 energy, and concentration of 67%. I feel like it should be able to be higher. ;)

7 years ago

Right, I'll fix it soon, you can just reload the page for now.

7 years ago

I cant wait playing it!

7 years ago

Happy cake day! :)

7 years ago

Happy Cake Day! :)

7 years ago

Nap time :|

7 years ago

1+

7 years ago

Global stats says 6 player deaths, I revived 2 of those with phoenix blood. :D
edit: The regain 10% hp and ep on killing a monster weapon doesn't heal ep when you are at full hp, is this intentional?

7 years ago

It is not intentional, I'll check what's wrong right now.

7 years ago

Fixed.

7 years ago

Thanks, also a quick question, the store portal teleport, is that the nearest shop or the nearest you know of, if there are more?

7 years ago

The nearest among the ones you have already found. If none are found on current level - it will not work.

7 years ago

I got stuck on the introductory puzzle, I feel really stupid.

7 years ago

New disorientation is... interesting. So if i remember the layout - im safe?
It's too similar to blind then though.

7 years ago

That's right :)

7 years ago

The "?" ability should probably not work (accurately) when you are disoriented ;).

7 years ago

Hmm, you are right :) Coordinates there will be displayed randomly as well now.

7 years ago

I have a horrible memory, damn it :)).

7 years ago

I'm experiencing a really weird bug in battles: the distance in steps is varying a lot. For example, a monster is 1 step away from me and on the next strike the distance suddenly becomes 6 or 7 steps, then 4 steps on the strike after that. I was able to hit with a magic weapon from 7 steps away and with a melee one from 4. It's very confusing!

7 years ago

It is part of disorientation effect :)

7 years ago

Consider me disoriented successfully then. :)

7 years ago

Does bleeding still not stop without a bandage? Because I'm already bleeding and I don't have a bandage yet, seems like it should have a temporary effect like everything else or else you die from a papercut :). Which is what will happen to me if I don't find a bandage soon.

7 years ago

Bleeding does not stop. Trade something for a bandage.

7 years ago

How are players already high levels with hundreds of steps and checks :/? Wth it just started.

7 years ago

Those who contributed giveaways could buy items/artifacts that help them progress quickly.

7 years ago

Quickly would be an understatement :)). Anyway, once again people only want energy potions, trading is still not a viable option if you need anything.

7 years ago

It always depends on what you offer.

7 years ago

Just started, not much to offer. This game should be called There will Be Blood. Time to nap now.... Zzzzz...

7 years ago

I bought the big energy potion pack, first aid pack and luck +1 ring.
Only touched the energy potions very late, found a chest with 4 of them almost immediately and then some monster drops and checks as well. The boost from encourage from barbarian is very helpful as well, easily counted as a big energy potions every so often.
The barbarian boost is mainly since most are low lvl and don't have high morale yet while I have max.

7 years ago

Oh hey, I remember you, you were helpful the last time, nice to see a friendly face as I bleed to death in the game :).

7 years ago

Ah, I got healing potions from that chest ;-).

7 years ago

When do Barbarians get that ability to recover energy?

7 years ago

Encourage from the start, you have to go to the other barbarians profile and use the skill there. Only usable when you have a higher morale than them.
Demoralizing roar after a medium amount of negative karma, was lvl 4-5(if I remember correctly) for me.

7 years ago

How do I do that? I can only seem to click on people if they say something in the chat and so far no luck getting any such option.

7 years ago

On the left of the typing box(chat) there is a ? to see who is around you, there you can click on profiles.

7 years ago

Much obliged.

7 years ago

RIP suicidal turtle

I suppose you wanted that though so you are welcome.

But maaaaaan that fight annoyed me xD

7 years ago

i'm currently fighting it, how do you kill him or can't you

7 years ago

I think it is same mechanic as the undead X% chance to revive, but much higher chance here
I killed it around 10 times before it died.

7 years ago

well i'm out of energy so i'll try later

7 years ago

If you are fighting, defend, you regain enough energy/concentration on successful defend/miss to attack again.
Also no energy regen in a fight.

7 years ago

yeh i've finally killed it, at least napping only takes 2 hours now

7 years ago

When 2 adventurers meet in GoS.
PraX has given Evolve a Small Healing Potion.
Evolve has given PraX a Small Healing Potion.
PraX has treated Evolve to a Medium Healing Potion which recovered 105 HP.
Evolve has thrown an explosive vial at PraX, dealing 20 damage.
PraX has thrown an explosive vial at Evolve, dealing 34 damage.
Evolve has stolen 13 coins from PraX.
PraX has treated Evolve to a Small Healing Potion which recovered 47 HP.

7 years ago

Haha, it is interesting indeed to watch people attack and then immediately heal each other because of the guilt :)

7 years ago

Not guilt, heavy drinker talent. :P

7 years ago

Sorry for robbing your corpse, SErVER. But at least now you're alive again. :P

7 years ago

No worries! I'm mad at the skeleton though - how dared he kill his master! I shall find and punish him. I'm sure he is hiding somewhere, if you'll see that traitor - report immediately!!

7 years ago

oh man, I have the shittiest luck possible ever. I wish I found any potion once in a while instead of those useless scrolls

7 years ago

That was fun ;) Thank you for your work !
I had to finish it fast cause I wont be able to play in the next few days. Didnt ger the secrets though ;( Maybe next time....
Now need to rest. In real life ;D

7 years ago

Well done! :) How did you like this quest compared to the first one? Was it more enjoyable after the recent changes?
Also, did you notice any improvement in performance in your browser? I compressed the code and optimized it a little, and that supposedly should have made game work a bit faster :)

7 years ago

I had more fun and less frustrations. partly beacause of experience from previous editions.
I really think it is easier this time. A lot of gems to sell, more shops - napping is not a big problem.
There was no /drop command while I was playing last time so overweight was a pain in the .....

This time it all went in a smooth way.
Killing other players was imposible for me. No profits form visiting the devil. ;(
Teleportation traps and hidden walls - not my favourite but its ok. Randomness makes things more interesting.
Selling in the shops - good move !
TEchnically it all worked very well. I had two or three "resets" when the fight started again after a few rounds or I suddenly I was outside the fight.

Add weapon crafting and horse riding and you have Witcher 3 ;P

7 years ago

Thank you for the feedback!
These "resets" sound weird, never heard of them before - I'll try to find out what might cause them, though it will be a difficult task seeing how rarely they happen. Did it just set enemy health to the max randomly? It could have been an undead foe that revived upon death or a monster that regenerated health from time to time.
I'm glad you found the experience more enjoyable overall. I had to tone down the difficulty a bit to make gameplay process more fluent, and it seems to work well :)
I guess if I'll add weapon crafting and horse riding, I'll have to rename the game to Game of sWitcher? :p

7 years ago

Bump for completing the quest, definitely much less frustrating than the 1st game but man there are so many hidden doors, i'm gonna here duniduh! duniduh! in my dreams tonight

7 years ago

Congrats, Novazch! :) Hope you managed to sleep well! :p

7 years ago

I need help, i explored a bunch on level 1 and seems like there's nowhere else to go except for locked doors and i don't have any keys.

7 years ago

Wandered around the dungeon without any progress, there is one unchecked spot left, it can't be a secret passage so unless there is a lockpick - im stuck.

7 years ago

Yup there was a key -_-

7 years ago*

Finally done! By the time I got to the treasury I already found all the giveaways in the dungeon, apparently.
I didn't find the secret, but I hope there wasn't any giveaways I missed because of that?
I almost didn't manage to finish in one go, but I reached the Shelter one square before depleting my last energy potions, then I managed to barely reach the collector + store. After that it's basically infinite energy so I could finish in some hours. Damn that labyrinth at the end though :P
Thanks for another nice sWords!

7 years ago

You haven't missed any giveaways since you got access to them all upon completing the quest :)
Congrats on finishing without deaths!

7 years ago

And i'm finished... with probably one of the lowest final scores for one of the finished people when this ends.

Thanks for the game :)

7 years ago

Congrats, ucefzach :)

7 years ago

Glad to see you made it through right after me, seems like you were fine without the crits :D

7 years ago

You have uncovered a new talent: Salubrity! Maximum HP has increased.
And i LOST 50 max hp o_O

7 years ago

Oops, fixed and set correct HP for you. Sorry about that!

7 years ago

Aaaaaand I'm stuck. I haven't found anything to open the multitude of special doors. I've checked everything I could and I don't have a lockpick to advance either, only store doesn't sell any, can't seem to trade for one either (I doubt anyone would anyway). What am I missing?

7 years ago

If you are stuck, you haven't checked everything. Some walls have levers or buttons on them.

7 years ago

Would you like a screenshot :)? There is no wall unchecked, I went back around traps to make sure I checked everything . If there are buttons or levers I never got those prompts this time.

7 years ago

Send me a screenshot in a private message.

7 years ago

I think I've angered the Quest gods because since I got back to my PC after clicking that one thing I keep getting OP monsters that demolish me :)).

7 years ago

Did you manage to resolve this? I feel like I'm in the same situation...

7 years ago

Make sure you check every wall - you might find a lever or a button that will open a new way.

7 years ago

I noticed 2 spots where I only checked one side of the wall, so I'll be heading there as soon as I can get the game working again!

7 years ago

Hah! The last square on the map, I found what I needed :D

7 years ago

Now that's infuriating... survived a fight with 8 hp, got no heals left so i try to just get to the objective and suddenly i get attacked almost every step... ran away a million times already, 350xp thrown away in about 10 steps .

7 years ago*

Damn you server, energy drain trap when I just started playing again, no energy potions. :(
edit: I like my stats. :P

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Nice Defence bonus! :)

7 years ago

Thanks, only 3 more wizardry for the second breath scrolls.

7 years ago

Does defending reduce concussion duration?

7 years ago

Yes.

7 years ago

Then there is a problem with the duration, or can it stack?
I had 7 resistance so duration should be 3, but I defended at least 3 times and a few attacks before it faded.

7 years ago

The effect can stack up if you get concussed repeatedly.
Edit: now it won't stack up, but will just be set to normal duration upon being concussed repeatedly - to 3 turns in your case.

7 years ago

I must have missed the extra concussion notices then.

7 years ago

I once ate a big ep before stepping into the drain trap -_-

7 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by SErVER51.