My 6years old SteelSeries Siberia V1 eventually broke, so now im looking for a new over ear headphones in 100€ price range, any suggestions and feedback are appreciated. Thanks!

9 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

100€ price range, mic not needed, durability important, no wireless; usage: music, gamning, movies

View Results
SteelSeries Siberia V3
HyperX Cloud
Sennheiser HD 518
other

I have HyperX Cloud and I can vouch for it. Have in mind that there are HyperX Cloud 2 too (released on February 2015 I think).

9 years ago

thanks, just checked and yes its still around this pricerange, while doing this i also stumbled upon Razer Kraken 7.1 sadly i cant expand my poll.

9 years ago

No, you dont want Razer.
You dont!

9 years ago

off the list then :D

9 years ago

I've heard the HyperX Cloud are the best bang-for-buck headphones out there... I don't use any headphones though...

9 years ago

i have pretty solid sound system but some games (mp mostly) i just cant play without headphones - and then there are also other ppl around so sometimes i cant listen at enjoyable level.

9 years ago

I like the my Sennheiser hd 598, need a separate mic but worth every penny.

9 years ago

i very rarely use mic and the one i have now is good enough, however hd598 is a bit too pricey for me atm also i read that hd518 is pretty good substitute

9 years ago*

HyperX Cloud all the way.If you like listening to music too with headphones on ,you'll love the bass and the quality of their sound.

9 years ago

Try out the G430. Very low budget and amazing quality (from several users), I personally don't own a pair yet, but I plan to buy these in the near future. From what I've heard on CS:GO games and such, the mic has great quality too

9 years ago

thanks for suggestion, looks pretty in that blue color :D and it has good price, but will have to look for some reviews tomorrow

9 years ago

Well the Clouds are closed and the HD518 are open. The Clouds sound is more V-shaped with somewhat shrill highs. HD518 is more smooth and neutral but still somewhat bassy. Depends on what you prefer, I found the Clouds excessively bassy and the highs were too much sometimes.

If you don't need a mic, the Takstar Pro80 is the same thing as the Clouds and probably cheaper.

9 years ago

uhhh how did i missed that Clouds are closed damn, im not fan of closed headphones, thanks for bringing this up.
This almost decides this battle for me, but i will give it a good nights rest :D

9 years ago

You're mixing open and closed headphones in that list, if you need isolation choose a closed one, the Sennheiser is the best of those but it is an open one. Open headphones always sound better but they have sound leaking and you can disturb people near you.

9 years ago

yeah poster before me reminded me of that so that makes Sennheiser number one for me i guess, unless there are others comparable open headphones

9 years ago

Yes sorry, I've just read that post. Currently there are tons of different open headphones in that range of price, you must decide what kind of frequency response you want from it. Some people like a lot of bass, other like a more linear frequency response.

Sennheiser one:

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID%5B%5D=2841&graphID%5B%5D=2861&graphID%5B%5D=2851

9 years ago

linear is preferable i think, i listen (neo)classical and instrumental music mostly

9 years ago

You think right :) Classical >> as linear as possible.

9 years ago

A little note about the open-closed thing. The HyperX are coming with two sets of ear cups. One pair is from leather which makes very good isolation and the other is cloth(or wtv the material is called) which it doesnt have much of sound isolation.
So if i understand the closed-open thing correctly the HyperX could considered closed and semi-open depending which ear cups you have on.

9 years ago

No, open headphones leak sound directly from the opposite side of the ear cups. Nothing related with ear cups material. They have holes in that side.

9 years ago

Oh I see. Thanks for the clarification. I did a better search now and I saw the difference between those two.

9 years ago

Sennheiser HD 518 m8. best decision. but Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones are better and are on sale for 105$ on amazon. I suggest checking those out. They are amazing.

9 years ago

yeah if u lived in US i would buy them asap, but here in EU although they are on sale still cost 130€ (german Amazon)

9 years ago

i don´t even have the money to pay one of those but as i heard of my friends and mostly everyone in my country (Venezuela) where we try to buy ever "quality" i think sennheiser are one of the most durable headphones, i heard of one guy that have one of those for like 5 or 6 years and they broke a little still with perfect sound, siberia are too fragile, hiperx are sometimes expensive but have good quality, razer is just a trademark at those days i personally even prefer to buy logitech because of the quality control durability and price instead of buying razer

9 years ago

good, summary i will probably go with Sennheiser as well, i hope they server me as long as Siberia V1 did :D

9 years ago

I have always been really REALLY picky about sound quality, but for the longest time I could never find a pair of headphones that were good enough for me. Everything I bought always ended up being useless to me, so they would get gifted off or sold. I hate it when the bass is overdriven, muffling all other sounds... or when the treble is strangely tinny and overpowers everything, ruining the clarity. There was one pair of earphones I swore by forever.

And then just this christmas I got given a pair of the HyperX Cloud, and holy shit yes. Bonus for the removable mic to use for non-gaming stuff. Not the highest quality mic but it works well to cancel out noise that isn't your voice, and the noise cancellation on the headphones themselves is awesome. A little too awesome, because I can't even hear my tablet's notification noise on maxed out volume, which I use to keep in touch with my girlfriend during her work hours, haha. The on-board sound on the z97-Pro motherboard was more than enough to work with these, and the simulated surround (and bass boost) were ample to give it a bit of extra depth and punch depending on the game. I tried this set out with Alien Isolation with a minor bass boost and jebus did it make a difference. Though I couldn't set the bass boost too high because the headset itself is a powerhouse. Anything more than a slight boost and it was like thunder, and it started to tickle my ears with the cups themselves vibrating. Damn, now I need to listen to some of my DnB...

The price-point isn't deadly either, so even if you're not totally impressed with them, you can easily sell them on as-new given they're a popular set. I'll definitely be relying on this make until they stop churning them out . I can't speak about any of the other sets, though I do recall a few different places suggesting not to trust Razer, at least not on their headphones. Apparently when it comes to Turtle Beach stuff you're pretty much just paying extra for the name, where other brands do the same for less.

Oh, and one last thing I should mention is that the HyperX Cloud cups are really comfy but they also get quite warm throughout an extended play session. Not overly so, but I imagine during summer that might be a big drawback if you want to use them for gaming in a room without good air circulation. It does come with a replacement set of padding that is supposed to be lighter, but I haven't had need to try them out yet.

9 years ago

thank you for ur input, HyperX Cloud really seems a very good choice however i think i will be going for open headphones this time

9 years ago

Sennheiser builds some quality and legit shit :| so you can almost never go wrong with a sennheiser....
but Sibera is a a nice headset too,soooo comfortable,i don't have it but i've used it for a couple of hours.
i had a Siberia v2 for almost 2 years,i use headphones all the time and i wanted something comfortable,it had good sound and mic quality + was comfortable :Dee
i think it's better if you checkout some local stores and test different headphones,that way you'll find out which one suits you the best.

9 years ago

Sennheiser if you want very good sound quality.

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.