I expected more from the ending. I know there's two endings, and I was disappointed when I got the "Bad" ending

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I got the bad ending as well, played on the 360. Might try for the good ending if I ever download the PC version.

1 decade ago

besides the ending, was it at least a good playthrough? I've only ran it once on my old PC which was a piece of garbage, and once on my sweet new pc since I've searched for and read that it is a high demand game and wanted to test my system a little with it.

1 decade ago

IMO, it was decent. Details is nice and it has a good concept but I barely bought guns because you always get the guns in the shop in the next level for free, so what's the point? I wish there was also an upgrade system of some sort.

1 decade ago

Don't listen to that guy. The game is pure awesomeness.

I've replayed it like 5 times or so, I highly recommend it :)

1 decade ago

It's hard to listen to me to begin with. It's all text xD

1 decade ago

You can see both endings just by continuing your saved file and choosing a different action at the end.

1 decade ago

Really? I thought you have to collect moral points in the game to see it?

1 decade ago

I just did some youtube research and it turns out I was wrong. I only played the game once without any knowledge of "moral points" but I somehow unlocked the good ending which also allows you to access the bad if you choose. It doesn't automatically initiate the good for you.

1 decade ago

How do you get to alternative ending? It's not like you have decisions to make...

1 decade ago

At the end of the game, in the last scene, you can choose which one you want to do, either destroying the thing that you setup at the top of the tower or choosing not to. Atleast, that's how I seen both endings.

EDIT: http://metrovideogame.wikia.com/wiki/Moral_Points

1 decade ago

It does require you to find some "moral points" in the game. There's a little flash and a sound every time you do. Find enough of these, and you DO get a choice at the end. If you do not find enough, you don't get a choice and thus is not "enlightened" enough to make any other choice then the bad one.

1 decade ago

I consider the 'bad' ending a good ending for me.

1 decade ago

The good ending is actually very difficult to unlock. Unlocking this ending is on my "to do" list :/

1 decade ago

You just have to do good and avoid being selfish throughout the game. Not that hard.

1 decade ago

What about the flashes? I heard that the good ending was dependent on how many flashes you receive.

1 decade ago

The endings are dependant on what you choose to do at the end, technically. But without enough 'good' moral points (flashes), you don't get the option to choose. You can find all the different moral point triggers here; While the triggers tend to be very subtle, and at sometimes even fairly random ("Play the guitar in Artyom's room."), there are dozens of them scattered all around the game, and many of them can be earned by just doing what seems intuitive as a person, and listening to what people tell you.

1 decade ago

I've been through Metro 2033 and seen all there is to see :P Waiting around for moral triggers was what made the ending such a bitch. I spent 20 minutes at the start of the game listening to conversations to unlock flashes. It was getting tiresome, thanks for the link though.

1 decade ago

Heh, I don't think you need even half of these points to get the good ending, so no real pressure to get all those at the start. I played through it without the wiki page, and got the good ending. It was only after reading the wiki that I realised there even were moral points. I totally thought the flashes and darkenings were ambient effects until 3/4 through the game. xD

1 decade ago

I was disappointed when I got the neutral ending in Bioshock.

1 decade ago

You must refrain from killing any children, to get the good endning.

1 decade ago

I thought you had to save the majority of the children, I only killed 1 or 2.

1 decade ago

No sisters harvested = good ending.

1 decade ago

i killed em all Devil Grin

1 decade ago

i loved this game o.o unfortunately i can barely recall the ending atm but ill prob finish the 2nd playthrough i started eventually ;3 its fun being a sneaky russian ^~^

1 decade ago

I was disappointed when I got the "Nice" ending in Stalker: SoC.

1 decade ago

Atleast the bad ending is the begining of the new game.

1 decade ago

Just started it(Won it a while back, finally in the mood to play it:-D), loving the atmosphere in it, its like Stalker but dialed up to 10 atmosphere wise, pretty hard game...but really nice and gorgeous graphically, usually I am not one to swoon over that but damn...the little details on everything including the guns is amazing. Shame to hear then endings not great but oh well, maybe the sequel will patch that up.

1 decade ago

The game is awesome, finished several times on Ranger Hardcore and got the alternative ending too.

1 decade ago

Had it but had never touch it yet. XD

1 decade ago

Indeed ending aint that great but overall: Metro 2033 rocked ^^

1 decade ago

i couldnt bring myself to complete it.. i left it at chapter 4 i guess.

1 decade ago

How long did it take to complete?

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Flyinpandas.