https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/checkout?hmb_campaign=annual_monthly_banner&hmb_source=2017_annual_price_drop&selected_plan=monthly_annual&hmb_medium=banner

Humble Bundle offering 2 free months instead of one for their Annual Plan $119

Monthly Bundle cost $12/month
Usual Annual price $132/Year (1 month Free) ($11/month)
You have the ability to skip any month You want.

$119/12 = $9.92/Month

Our best deal on Humble Monthly yet
Get two months free when you subscribe with an annual plan!
Over $100 in games sent to your inbox every month. Deal ends 12/25.

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Will you buy?

View Results
HELL YES
HELL NO

I would have preferred for them to lower the monthly price instead.

6 years ago

That's a nice "fuck you" to those, who subscribed before the deal...

6 years ago

And because of that nothing should ever become cheaper, not to upset the ones paying just before the prono, I guess?

6 years ago

Yeah, I know... I just can't help but feel frustrated cause I didn't wait, that's all.

6 years ago

6 years ago

It doesn't work if you already subbed... Can't change plan to what it already is.

6 years ago

You can still add to your current subscription and get the benefits, but yeah- the new Monthly approach appears to be a 'wait for a promotion' affair, which is never an agreeable marketing strategy to have to deal with as a consumer.

6 years ago

Personally, what I've learned from their marketing lately is that buying the annual plan at full price was an absolutely awful idea, and that I shouldn't renew it unless they have one of these deals going on. I'd be happy if they even gave me like one dollar in my Humble Wallet for already being subbed tbh.

6 years ago

Might as well send them a mail, never know if they might give you some wallet or something to help with the difference. Some companies do that.

6 years ago

They probably won't, I tried that with the 20$ wallet offer that I was not eligible for (not even if I had added another year) because of taking the 10$ wallet offer just weeks earlier.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

I remember 1 week after I got my 1 year plan they started the offer for +20$ wallet funds. Was a little annoyed xD

6 years ago

Well.. 10/mo instead of 11/mo, not really a "fuck you" lol

6 years ago

No, but the games they've put in (overall) during the last year seems like a big FU. lol

6 years ago

Getting tempted here..............

6 years ago

Yep :D People were right when they offered the 20$ Humble wallet as an incentive. They are getting desperate.

Edit: Oh, so it's basically just 1 extra free month compared the old price for the annual plan since that already had 1 free month. I thought it was 2 extra free months on top of that. Guess I should read more carefully.

6 years ago*

2 extra free months would actually have made the "Our best deal on Humble Monthly yet" statement true, but as is, it's only a sliver better than half as good as the $20 promotion. So, y'know- think we may have to call BS on any 'best deal' claim. :P

The fact that they phrase it like it's two extra months is pretty skeevy, though [See attached]. There are enough impulse purchasers out there that it feels like a deliberate mislead. There's few details on the actual purchase page, as well, and certainly nothing which clearly marks the distinction.

View attached image.
6 years ago*

Yeah, probably an intentional mislead. I would have rather payed 132$ and gotten 14 months for it. (Guess that's not surprising since it would be objectively a better deal.) For me personally 1 extra free month isn't that much worse that 20$ of Humble wallet since I rarely find something on the store for a price I like but then again with the additional 10% off that wallet cash would have probably come in handy now that you can no longer store gifts (+ the price difference barrier).

I do feel a little bit tempted considering I would have gotten the January Bundle anyway because of Long Dark and the triple early reveals so I guess I'll sleep over it before I make a decision.

6 years ago*

its not really 10% off. Since you will most like buy something that is already on discount:

$10.00 (sale 50% off) = $5.00 (10% monthly discount) = $4.50

Real 10$ off $10.00 (50 + 10) = $4.00

6 years ago

Note that Humble almost always matches to Steam sale prices during their own sales, but gets an edge over Steam purchases due to their member discounts. Ergo, Humble store credit tends to be rather easy to put to use (even if only for gifts for others).
Likewise, since it's a total against a sum payment, it actually does end up being a full 10% off (since what discount you get per purchase doesn't matter, you're still getting a total 10% cut off of $20 credit spent).

And without all that being true, it'd still have been a fair bit better deal than this current one.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

I can hardly subscribe to psn anual one ( 40€) so i cannot dupe it to 100 xD

6 years ago

Then you're in for a nice surprise when you have to renew your subscription. Those greedy bastards raised it to 60€ a few month ago. Luckily I got an extra year with that 35€ promotion right before they announced the price raise so I'm good till Dezember 18.

6 years ago*

i saw that xD but searching in webpages i found an offer for 40€ (after 2 days of searching) worth it.
Bought it yesterday :D

6 years ago*

I find it tempting since I thought $132 was too much as it was ($11 x 12) but agree that the wording is misleading. I was thinking it would be $110 ($11 x 10) but guess they're doing it based on the $12 full price to get to $119 ($12 x 10)

6 years ago

Do you have to pay $119($117.80 for me) at once or $9.92 a month?

6 years ago

One time payment (that's the catch, maybe this and that).

6 years ago

And the other catch, the last 2 bundles since ign took over aren't as good as all the previous ones. Might be desperate way to get people to sub.

6 years ago

If you buy the Annual plan would it be possible to refund a monthly bundle if you don't like it? I think you can do it ATM if you haven't revealed the keys.

6 years ago

I think the most you can do is skip a month before the games are revealed. I don't think they let you do refunds after they're revealed.

6 years ago

I think you're right

However, do note that games which have been played or keys which have been revealed/redeemed are likely ineligible for a refund, as are Humble Monthly bundles.

Maybe I was confused with the Square Enix surprise boxes? I remember something about EU laws allowing you to refund the product...

6 years ago

Yeah, that's probably it, because yes, so long as you didn't open up the box (click on the link from your e-mail), then you could claim a refund if you purchased the EU version (at least that's what I recall reading....not sure if anyone ever tried with the US version)

6 years ago

Nope, doesn't work with Square Enix US. It's only EU consumer protection laws that allow it.

6 years ago

You can't do a refund at all with the yearly plan, only if you're getting it month-to-month.

6 years ago

I mean if I get it it’ll be until 2019 and like why would I need it till 2019 so no, it’s a huge disappointment for those who have already purchased it with “good” deals before all of these other good deals.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

Is there an expiration date on Monthly keys ?

6 years ago

no.

6 years ago

or i can buy 119 1$ tier bundles and get 357 games

6 years ago

To be fair, they'd be worse and there'd be a fair few repeats.

6 years ago

Jeesh, $120 is still a huge amount of money to just spend at once. 3 years of this stuff and I can get a good phone for 4-5 years. Insane.

The games will be good and so on. It'll pay off, but I just doubt the value will be that good.
Instead of having one shitty to pretty good loot box, you'll now be getting 12 of them and you'll actually be paying ahead of time for the privilege.
I get those that buy it though.

6 years ago

Add to your list the fact that the games after monthly drop to extremely low prices anyway. In the end you dont get close to that "over 100$ of games"
Consider that all the games wont be to your liking. And this isnt that good of a deal anymore.
I seiously prefer to buy 5 out of 12 bundles than get all of them, with 2 being free....

If I would have more money, stable job and so on, I could buy it. As it says - great way to build up your steam library. But ATM I would prefer to get only monthlys that at least I know early reveals and rest of the cash spend on regular bundles.

6 years ago*

Humble isn't getting desperate. They are are swimming in cash. They started bankrolling games they have so much extra. I'm subscribed for life. They've introduced me to some cool shit and even if i won't play the games... they're easily tradable for ones I will. Honestly for 120 USD a year... you get a ridiculous amount, but if I didn't trade games I probably wouldn't be as stoked.

6 years ago

I agree with this right here!
It's my approach as well.

6 years ago

This is a great deal given you can skip months you may not think you are interested in. If I had any holiday cash leftover, this would deffo be my spend.

6 years ago

You have the ability to skip any month You want.

How many times can I skip? only once?

6 years ago

Alright, feels like a good deal for me.
Thanks for making the thread, OP.

6 years ago

I subbed for the annual during the Turkey-day promo but it's still showing me as monthly... They took my $132, gave me $20 and it appears that I'll have the pleasure of still paying $12 a month. Support still has not gotten back to me :-(

6 years ago

I'm pretty sure you won't get charged $12 per month. It only looks like you are on a "monthly" subscription.

6 years ago

didn't get the early unlocks for pre-paying though...

6 years ago

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/p/december_2017_monthly

Scroll about half way to the bottom, and you should be able to unlock it.

6 years ago

yeah, it says I have a monthly plan....

6 years ago

It doesn't say "Unlock The Long Dark®, Quantum Break, and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III" anywhere on the page for you? That's weird.

6 years ago

In your settings sections it should say when the next bill is due and how many months are currently left.
It is strange if you got issues if you paid with a CC.
Screenshot the settings page, cover what is needed and attach it to a new support ticket.

6 years ago

Now I am getting interested. As in, how desperate they will get and how much they will continue showing it.
Sadly, even the store seems to be slipping.

6 years ago

pay 10 months got 12 months

6 years ago

If the Pause Subscription option was a toggle rather than something I have to remember to do every month, I would have considered this. But as it is, I'll just skip.

6 years ago

Bought 3 monthlies this year + next january, it would likely take years to use all the months for me, pass.

6 years ago

I quit because they started giving people a hard time about trading away games they didn't want.

6 years ago

They didn't start, they were always against trading games from them..

6 years ago

There's gifting literally built into the interface...

6 years ago

Gifting is one thing trading is another dude..

6 years ago

Same idea though - giving your key to someone else...just gifting is to friends and trading is to strangers.

6 years ago

No dude.. Here you gift games to strangers.. So your reasoning is just wrong.
Gifting is giving without any compensation and trading is giving something while getting something in return..

6 years ago

I mean in their eyes the mechanism is the same. All Humble can do is guess or assume. So when they want to stop trading they must also stop gifting to friends because from their view it's the same..

6 years ago

They've benefited from traders for years but now they're refusing to honor keys claiming that they thought people buying 10 bundles (it was a purchase option for years) were buying them for personal use?

Are they running for office?

6 years ago

HB never benefited from trades..

They implemented 3 bundles max long time ago it is not new.
I know since I tried to buy for friends since I am the only one with the card..

And I am not sure what they are refusing since I know a lot of people who to this day get new keys from HB if they got used keys..

6 years ago

Humble Bundle sold out to a corporation that's trying to rewrite history.

6 years ago

Hahahahaha..
Come on look a bit if you want to blame it on something.
There was a lot of talk when IGN bought it and there was a big post here were you can see a lot of people who talked about it. And ToS was not changed, nor were the number of bundles you can buy (I got blocked after 3 bundles a long time ago as I said and even sent a support ticket about it).

The bundles they do changed in quality (up or down is subjective thing)

6 years ago

In the US many parking lots have a posted speed limit of 5 MPH but in reality the owners don't expect anyone to actually follow it and make no effort to enforce it.

It's there to escape legal liability in court when people of questionable judgement kill somebody while racing though drunk at 90 miles an hour during a snowstorm.

It may be hard to people in other countries to understand how the US actually works compared to how it's portrayed on paper.

I'm not saying it's right.

I'm saying that's the way it actually works.

TL;DR - foreign companies are ignorant of how the US actually works.

6 years ago

This has 0 connection to my answer.. But w/e.

6 years ago

Pretty sure the $20 credit last time around was a better deal

6 years ago

Yeah I feel the same way XD

6 years ago

Of course.
Hold out for 20 credit and 2 months free :O

6 years ago

Wow, what did they do to the website? Looks like every other bundletrash site now.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.