January 2021 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 January 29th, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 February 5th 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

Total Tank Simulator

• Japan receives {449434} - can be redeemed only in Japan, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Israel. It's unknown whether the other countries from this list receive the same region-locked sub or a ROW key.
  • Everyone else: {192045} (can be activated anywhere)

Premium and Classic customers receive all games.

It is the 6th month in a row for this promotion.

Free DLC to claim:

!addlicense asf 252822,323317,518529,512234

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
PC Building Simulator 94% of 23303 🏆 3.00 CV app/621060 W 1 $19.99
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey 79% of 2485 - 🏆 6.00 CV app/536270 W 0 $39.99
Pathologic 2 92% of 3724 🏆 5.25 CV app/505230 W 0 $34.99
Warhammer: Chaosbane 52% of 1883 🏆 4.50 CV app/774241 W 0 $29.99
Total Tank Simulator 79% of 2610 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/674500 W 0 $19.99
SONG OF HORROR COMPLETE EDITION 83% of 805 - 🏆 4.50 CV sub/451636 W 0 $29.99
Not Tonight 86% of 1028 🏆 3.00 CV app/733790 W 0 $19.99
Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York 80% of 321 🏆 1.95 CV app/1279630 W M L 0 $12.99
Tales of the Neon Sea 81% of 975 - 🏆 2.55 CV app/828740 W 0 $16.99
Minoria 85% of 865 🏆 3.00 CV app/940910 W 0 $19.99
Deleveled 100% of 27 🏆 1.50 CV ⚙️ app/1045580 W M L 0 $9.99
The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines 100% of 16 - 🏆 2.25 CV ⚙️ app/1171660 W 0 $14.99

⚙️ - Steam is learning about this game, therefore some features will be limited (no card drops, achievements won't count, the game will not give a +1 to your library etc.) More Changes Addressing Fake Games

Retail:

• $269.88

CV:

Humble Original / Extras: Heeey! Park-Boy

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

🎊 Happy New Year, everyone! 🎉

View Results
[Recurring subscription] It’s maybe time I stopped buying games and started committing to playing the library I have. But not today...
[New subscription] Ancestors and Pathologic 2 are some amazing headliners and a good start to what I hope will be a successful year. It would be silly not to subscribe, even if past months had better promotions.
[Maybe subscribe] I am 50/50 about the games featured in this month's bundle. Will need to think this one through.
[Pause / Backlog] Here we go again, playing "Pausing My Subscription Simulator"…
[Cancelling / will not buy] I find it better to spend the money on a game or two off my wishlist (especially due to ongoing winter sales) than on these monthly bundles.

Not bad bundle. On the other hand it is also not great bundle, but in current state of bundle market it is good enough bundle and I am glad:).

BTW: Although I dont understand idea of PC Building Simulator 'game', especially at first place :).. And it has great marks too :). Does it suppose to... learn you something or feel you have a powerful pc or check how it should look/fit or what is a idea of it :)?

3 years ago*

I thought you have to chose games, but somehow you get all of them like last month?

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Since 6 months ago, they have been given all the games featured, not only the 9 / 10 choices you're supposed to have.

3 years ago

Okay, thx.

3 years ago

Not really for me, already had the games I was even slightly interested in. Probably gonna skip or just give away everything.

3 years ago

Tales of the Neon Sea and Minoria was a direct "yes" from me.
Not Tonight is a great game but I have it on Switch already.

Maybe will keep Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey but not sure atm.

btw. got 4$ discount after trying to pause first

3 years ago*

btw. got 4$ discount after trying to pause first

Was considering that too. Haven't paused in a while, how far do you have to click through nowadays before the coupon? I clicked "Pause" 3 times already, now at the popup (after the survey) "Pause now or maybe pause later, you still have 27 days". Should I have gotten the coupon already if I get one? Could swear it used to be before that last popup in the past.

(With discount, it's a yes. Full price? Hard sell, especially when I know many are getting it for $6 ...)

Edit: Nope, clicked all the way through. No coupon for me. And my last pause was years back in Monthly times >_>

3 years ago*

I think it was after the second pause.

3 years ago

Correct me if i'm wrong but it doesn't work like that. From my experience you get coupon if you already paused the previous month. If you bought last month then it doesn't matter how many times you try i think, the answer will remain the same. There's probably an algorythm that automatically remember this.

3 years ago

Right, could be that it was like that. Like I said, I haven't paused in years ;)

Still annoying. Sometimes I kinda don't feel very valued as a many-year, rarely-pausing subscriber ... (Not quite ready to quit yet, though.)

3 years ago

I believe it's like this too. I've gotten the $4 off coupon in the past when I paused for two months straight

3 years ago

Feel good

3 years ago

WHAT so much of WL on me :D

instabuy, especially i got 5 more months for 6$ :D

3 years ago

Pause.
Only want to play "Minoria" and "The Ambassador", but not enough to buy the whole bundle.

3 years ago*

Pathologic 2, Minoria and maybe The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines (really, 16 reviews in half a year?) looks interesting, and I'm unsure about the VTM VN - It's VTM, but it's a VN, and they felt lukewarm based by the reviews. Meanwhile I'm absolutely not interested in multiple games... I'll think I guess. Pathologic 2 is the "big, AA" title, but not even that really rings jackpot for me, but that is what backlog does to people...

3 years ago

I haven't played Shadows yet but I did play the previous game. it was a decent enough introduction to The World of Darkness but as someone familiar with the setting it was a very meta experience as I knew pretty much exactly what every choice was going to lead to, this wasn't helped by the different characters having almost identical playthroughs. It wasn't a terrible experience but irt did move Shadows off the instabuy list.

3 years ago

Yes, I came to the same conclusion - been digging around the reviews, and they weren't really great. Also I'm still not fully sold on the VTM VNs so I don't even have the first one activated, I decided I'll just ignore them.
Also, bought Pathologic 2, Minoria, Ambassador, Not Tonight (Looked a lot better in video than the desc / screenshots), Song of Horror and Chaosbane ( +the tank game as an extra) for 6€ in a trade, I'm quite happy with this.
I think what made this bundle look bad in my eyes were the 4-5 games that I had zero interest in to begin with. Half bundle at half price is pretty great :D

3 years ago

Not bad, not terrible. Can have it for 8USD,... might do it since Id like to give the "headliners" a try and the others dont seem half bad.

3 years ago

Minoria looks interesting, but that ain't enough for me to unpause.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

3 years ago

Not Tonight was wishlisted. PC Building Simulator, Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey and Pathologic 2 are interesting enough so that I considered buying them multiple times. Will have to check out the others. For $6 that's amazing, for the usual $12 it would be okay.

3 years ago

Five games from the wishlist for $ 6 is a great deal.

3 years ago

omg i bought ancestors like 5 days ago and already got past the refund time mark xD but still i will get this bundle as i always do :D

3 years ago

How is the game? Graphics seems good but gameplay? I looking forward to play ancestors and maybe song of horror but this one doesnt support ultrawide.

3 years ago

this is interesting enough to keep you hooked at first but when you play for a few hours it will feel like things get slow and a bit boring so it depends on your taste almost like with death stranding where a lot of people completely hated the game and at the same time a lot of people like me who found it very unique and enjoyable

3 years ago

Thank you. I will give it a try because the main concept seemed very appealing to me. Its ok for a game to be slow its a survival after all.

3 years ago

If you can come up with some clever reason to refund, steam sometimes allow refunds even after the 2 hours of playtime.
(although it would be kinda odd to activate a key for the game right after that :D)

3 years ago

Ok, ok. I don't hate it.

3 years ago

January 29th, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

So If I don't want those games, and no longer think this subscription thing is worth it, can I just unsubscribe right now? I assume i'm not gonna get charged, but 6 for 6 months will be cancelled?

3 years ago

if you pause now or cancel then you will lose the 6$ per month offer

3 years ago

Did it specifically say this for the $6 deal? Because so far, pausing has never lead to losing benefits, as far as I know, you'll just skip the month and it'll be added on. Like if you pay for 12 months and pause one month, you don't lose that month either, it just gets added on.

3 years ago

yes it is applicable to the 6$ deal as stated in a support response email they sent me the other day, so if you pause now you won't be charged and also you will have to pay full price for the following months

--
After purchasing January's Choice for $6, your following 5 months of Choice will also be discounted to $6 each month. Please keep in mind however that pausing or canceling your subscription during that time will void your eligibility for that coupon.

3 years ago

I guess they thought of everything to force people to stick with it if they want to keep the deal. :D
Wonder how long it'll take before they come up with something to force those with the classic subscription to refrain from pausing because they'd otherwise lose their subscription and would have to switch to a more expensive one. :D

3 years ago

U can cancelled

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Usually, if you pause a month, you don't lose your subscription status and benefits nor the month you've paused but if you cancel your subscription you'll lose all benefits.

3 years ago

Definite pause for me. Not a single game on there I would consider playing.

3 years ago

New Year pause?

3 years ago

this bundle is so bad......

3 years ago

It's a pause for me

3 years ago

Not Bad.

3 years ago

Another month, another 2+ games with less than 20 steam reviews.

3 years ago

:o
Is that an actual argument against quality drop instead of "Me no like, bye buy"?
While I haven't noticed it previously myself, and I like the 2 titles mentioned from what is presented at steam store page, I can see how it's a bad thing.
But even then, just because there are few reviews, that doesn't mean the games are necessarily bad, no? Also, I feel like part of what HB does is bringing less known titles into the spotlight to at least give them a fighting chance instead of letting the go unnoticed by wider (gamer) public - which is good probably - and for people that don't have every game in choice guaranteed it's a risk they can choose to take or avoid.
That being said, if they turn out to be bad, they lose their "fighting chance" and are a drop of quality for a bundle - but we just don't know yet if they are good or bad.

3 years ago

4 games from my WL, definitely will buy this one

3 years ago

Wow, the first bundle in like 6 months that's been at all worth it. I'm actually interested in half these games.

3 years ago

Is this a joke? i've never paused faster in my life!

3 years ago

is this a joke? i've never press 'unlock my choices' faster in my life!

Actually warhammer+pc build on wl for so long, got 6 months for 6$, so evev this 2 games are good for me

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.