IsThereAnyDeal has started a new design, you can test it here: https://new.isthereanydeal.com

It is currently in alpha, you can test deals and the waitlist page: you can track the updates at #updates https://discord.gg/Jmpyz4B and discuss the changes at #feedback https://discord.gg/J4k24kq

Also currently there is a short survey at https://forms.gle/mDCZ2ePMJtVunqpT6

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Oh, good. Always hated the original website design and avoided it for that reason (and loved gg.deals when it was launched because it's more easy to navigate). This looks better, cleaner, and more user friendly.

4 years ago

For me it is the exact opposite.
To big icons just take away space without providing anything usefull just makes it cumbersome to use.

So i prefer the classic Isthereany deal look

4 years ago

People used to the old website will prefer it over the new one for sure (it's always like that, regardless if a website/software is an improvement or not, in most cases), but I think that for others who are inexperienced with it, it'll be an improvement.

4 years ago

What did you dislike the most, or what did you miss?

4 years ago

Like I said, I didn't use it enough to give you an accurate comparison, but it just felt cluttered, inconsistent and hard to look at and understand what I was looking at. I prefer more simple designs. I've been using gg.deals so my opinion isn't as likely to matter as much as others who actually use ITAD - I was mostly just commenting on the fact that I, for one, feel it looks better than the old version.

4 years ago

For me it was a bitch to navigate, extremely slow all the time and it felt really unresponsive. Click on something... and nothing really happens... wait, did it not load? Oh, 20 seconds later it did... marvelous.

It also feels extremely bloated to me. You go to a game page and you have like 50 options of what to do. Most of them sound nonsensical too. That's why I went to gg.deals almost immediately when it opened and that's also probably why ITAD is suddenly changing themselves so much. Competition that's actually really successful at competing right now. There's a reason most changes go in the direction of GG.

4 years ago

So what do you think about now the new design? - only the deals and the waitlist is ready but it feels much snappier for me.

4 years ago

It's snappier for sure. Though it's not snappy either. The snappiness is on a normal level now. A level that decent sites already have.

It's pretty cluttered still when looking at a specific game, but the main page is good now. I still prefer GG, but if GG wasn't an option, ITAD would become a valid one as well. ITAD was so hostile before that even though I needed a site like that, I still refused to use ITAD since it was just such a clusterfuck.

Regardless, it's a total improvement, but it doesn't take much since it's not hard to go from a 1/10 to a 5/10 :D
Good effort on their part. Hopefully they keep working on it.

4 years ago

Happy cake day!

4 years ago

Huh. Forgot that was today. Thanks for reminding me!

4 years ago

I hope they keep the old one as an option too. I like how condensed it is. No flashy bullshit, just the important thing, the data.

4 years ago

You are not alone, I hope for that as well :).

4 years ago

+1

4 years ago

What about game thumbnails, do you like them? Like if you had to choose: thumbnails or more data?

4 years ago

Data. This is why I kept using ITAD even when GG.Deals popped up.

4 years ago

I see, so like a reference, "more information per scroll". Did you notice the more deals toggle, and the graphs? Is there anything you'd remove?

4 years ago

The more deals toggle is nice, but I prefer that it is already there without a toggle in the old layout. As for the graphs, I consider it secondary information, one that is okay behind a click. Especially since it is so difficult to see in detail at that scale anyway. I mean, I see a tiny graph. Cool. What do the different lines mean beyond "it was cheaper by some amount back in some time"? There are no reference points, no measurement in such teeny-tiny pictures. I can see if it is discounted more often at some place, this is the only actual info you can get without opening it in a large pop-in window.

By the way, side question: where did all the currencies go? Old style has much more than that.

4 years ago

More currencies are on the TODO list, as I know they won't go away. :)

4 years ago

still didn't checked new look but have my faithful +1 for "condensed": such a great word

happyssimo the cake and the day, talgaby!

4 years ago

Oh damn, that thing is today. Time to hide from the forum for a day. =)
Also, thanks, have a VirtualCookie™! 🍪

4 years ago

lol + grazie!

:D

4 years ago

It's nice and fast on mobile. Good work!

4 years ago

looks nice thanks for sharing

4 years ago

Wonder if new design has anything to do with gg.deals since new look is pretty similar

4 years ago

Looks like it's aiming at people who only use their phones for everything. Meh. I always feel like a senior with these huge buttons and text.

4 years ago

I really like the new look! I had mostly switched over to GG.Deals because of the cleaner layout, even though they have less functionality (like not tracking Itch as a store).

A couple of things: what do the little red N's and blue S's mean? And the filters don't seem to work for my waitlist at the moment.

4 years ago

N - New historical low
H - Historical low
S - Lowest store price

Filters do have some confirmed bugs - they will be fixed asap.

4 years ago

Thanks!

4 years ago

looks better but layouts are too big, also now there is only the color blue everywhere with different tones. keep the work.

4 years ago

You mean the blue color shades are a bad thing or a good thing for consistency?

4 years ago

In my opinion, a little bit bad since there is a lot of space that you are not using and, at the same time, you are using too much

4 years ago

first look/impression : good. looks "younger"

i'll surely check it more in a few days, and fill that survey / give you some feedback here.
two first questions for you, thou, OP:

• are you part of ISTAD staff?
  • can you put a link to the survey / an email address in the top blue banner where it says "...Join our Discord to see our progress, and to tell us what you think." (there are two same links pointing to discord, which is smth i usually don't use to give feedback: emails and surveys are faster and handier, imo )

that said, much appreciatin' the thread , here! (also cause it's even more handier :P)

4 years ago

I like the word "younger" :)

Only part of the staff a bit :) Surely there will be more flare about the new features, but for now small stable steps ;)

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.