One image that says it all:

View attached image.
7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Will you give AMD a chance this time?

View Results
Yes
No, Intel is my only God and saviour

The thing is, I've given AMD a lot of chances.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

7 years ago

How does it match the 6800K when the 6700K scores like 20% more?

7 years ago

http://ark.intel.com/compare/88195,94189

Processor Base Frequency 4.00 GHz

7 years ago

I Never knew that, I just assumed the 6800K would have a similar clockspeed to the 6700K.

7 years ago

Six core processors have usually a lower clock speed. I'm waiting to see how much those Ryzen can be overclocked.

7 years ago

The AMD Ryzen leaks and benchmarks just keep on coming!

aka clickbait. I'll wait for real benchmarks. ;)

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

I'm hopeful for the Zen platform, if it can match Intel's performance for a much lower cost, then I will be making my GF's college computer with it XD But Intel needs AMD to give them a reason to actually innovate again

7 years ago

But Intel needs AMD to give them a reason to actually innovate again

+1 precisely

7 years ago

I've thought for awhile that for AMD to be competitive on the CPU-side with Intel, they need to do more than just release similar specs for similar (but slightly lower) prices. And with the leaked pricelists, it seems like AMD realizes this too. They will sell you a 6-core CPU that competes on a price with a 4-core Intel CPU. And IPC is relatively close... So if all this pans out like the leaked info is showing, I can definitely see going AMD next time around. I've been running a i5 3570k for years and year with no real reason to upgrade. But 2 extra cores would definitely tempt me.

The other factor is that if Ryzen is as competitive as people are saying, Intel is definitely going to respond. Expect price slashing across their range. And possibly more focus on 6/8-core mainstream CPUs in the future. So the Ryzen launch should be great even for people who still buy Intel!

7 years ago

If their upcoming GPU can compete with Nvidia in the same way then AMD might be making a complete comeback. A $200 video card that is faster than a 1070 would be sweet.

7 years ago

prerelease benchmarks

View attached image.
7 years ago

Leak? I'll wait for a real data.

7 years ago

I'm giving AMD chance all the time. My last Intel CPU that I have bought was Celeron 333. :-)
Right now I have Phenom II X4 965 @ 3,8 GHZ.

7 years ago

I'm running Phenom X4 955 for 6 years now. Great value to price ratio. For all my uses only Kerbal Space Program is able to really choke it.

7 years ago

ALL HAIL AMD!

(Dunno why I am so hyped, I am broke af)

7 years ago

so where are all those amazing benchmarks that would destroy intel we were promised?

or were they all fake, overhyped and made by raging fanboys? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 years ago*

well even just reading this older topics title makes me chuckle a little.

"new amd matches old intel" -- yeah, that's something to really brag about.... you finally caught up.

7 years ago

I think only a fanboy (as you said) could expect to "destroy" Intel. I prefer a realistic view, these new processors are awesome for the price and are very competitive. Those are good news. Silicon based technology has reached its peak and it's physically impossible to design a revolutionary new product.

AMD has matched Intel's IPC and it will be competitive again. Those leaked benchmarks I posted were confirmed later in the reviews. Intel only wins in the GHz race (i7 7700K), when you compare any of those new AMDs with an Intel at the same clock speed/frequency they are on par, but AMD's cost half the price.

Fanboys of any kind are fanatics, and a fanatic is not rational.

7 years ago*

The poll sounds biased, where are the "I always trusted AMD", "Intel is the root of all evil" and "who cares about brands, I just want good performance" options?
Personally, I find this kind of benchmarks to be meaningless, I'll wait for ACTUAL benchmarks to judge, and by actual I mean post-release benchmarks with regularly bought CPUs in real world scenarios, NOT cherry-picked press samples in ideal working environments, and maybe a few sponsored AAA games.

By the way, it's good to finally see AMD getting back on rails, instead of being fine scrapping the low end of the market.
But will good performance be enough to overcome Intel's aggressive (and sometimes borderline illegal) marketing tactics?
Also, I'm waiting for the R3 series, to compare them with i3s - yes, that will be my kinda budget... if and when I will have one, that is.

7 years ago

There are hundreds of post-release benchmarks on the Net, this thread was posted on february ;)

7 years ago

Still nothing I deem acceptable, but I'm patient.
Not that it will actually matter, as I doubt I will be able to upgrade too soon anyway.

7 years ago

$hit storm incooming :D And seriusly good for us that AMD kicked Intel's butt in a way. I bought i5-6500 about 5 months ago and I'm fully satisfied but i wish that they will compete more and We'll get some advenced hardware battle and lower prices.

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.