Comment has been collapsed.

"Oh boy free game !"
"Origin..."

View attached image.
9 years ago

At least it's a great game. It will probably remain unplayed like every other game on my Origin account though.

9 years ago

Still horrible

9 years ago

Origin is fine as long as clients go. UPlay is the awful one.

9 years ago

Still horrible.

9 years ago

No. The client works great, It isn't part of the DRM (so you can uninstall it once you have the games you want, unless they use online since that is through the client) and hell, doesn't even have the bloat that the Steam client has gotten lately.

9 years ago

What do you hate so much about Uplay? I've only used it for Driver San Francisco and the Crew beta but otherwise don't use it much

9 years ago

The always online DRM. Mostly because the always online DRM insists I'm offline when I try to play Blood Dragon.

9 years ago

Seriously?! That is retarded! Never knew about the always online thing... guess I can't play any of my games on the go then.

9 years ago

I'm not sure it's always online for every title. I've played AC2 with no internet.

9 years ago

Well, nice to know it isn't all of them, but unfortunately, at least some of their titles do use it, and apparently can't work properly. I've been intending to get it on PS3 if I can ever catch a sale when I have the cash (missed it for $5 for the last week).

9 years ago

I think what might be going on with Uplay, is that you need to log in every X days to be able to play, and always be logged in for the first run of any game.

9 years ago

I am logged in, online, and every other game has no problems noticing my internet connection.

9 years ago

Check your firewall maybe it was blocked for some reason when you run it for the first time and now it block internet accsess every time.

9 years ago

So true. I got Origin's entire catalog of $20 or under games a couple of years ago with that free glitch, never so much as launched one of the games.

9 years ago

its such an awesome game, played it excessively back in 93 and installed it right after adding it ;)

9 years ago

Origin isn't that bad. Much better costumer service than steam and the client runs much faster than steam as well.

9 years ago

Haters bandwagon

9 years ago

Yay.

9 years ago

:)

9 years ago

A classic!

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

9 years ago

GOG copy is still a paid game though. So this has something going for it.

9 years ago

Great, can finally replace my original. I still have the floppy disks sitting in a box in my closet along with the Ultima Underworld games and one of the AD&D games.

9 years ago

It was a good game when released, now it'll hardly attract any attention. Origin could improve the "On the house" section by stop giving away outdated software.

9 years ago

Why should they? Even they know most of the people getting the free games aren't going to buy anything, let alone play their free games. Why give the ones that are worthy of purchase away for free?

9 years ago

EA has also given out newer games in the past with this program.

9 years ago

As a kid I sucked at this game... Maybe I'll give it another try xD

9 years ago

yay

9 years ago

I've just tried playing it... and I don't understand what I see :D I expected some nostalgia but it's too old for me. Well, I was 3 back then when they released it...

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Already have Plus on GOG but I'll add it too my account anyway.

9 years ago

Heh, 22 year-old nostalgia. Played this for countless hours as a kid. :)
Damn, i'm getting old... O.o

9 years ago

Origin really is bumping up their game. I actually thought Origin was going to be the worst of the worst but I've been using it lately (DA:O, going to get ME3, got Sims 2 for free, this game, more free games) and it's NOT terrible. It's just different. Of course, the pull-up menu when right-clicking on the toolbar image has a lot less options (you can't logout / 'exit origin' from there).

9 years ago

Thanks, great memories !!!!

9 years ago

Thank you for the tip! I haven't checked the Origin deals in a while :)

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

I just cross-checked my GOG and Origin accounts. SimCity 2000 - owned on GOG since 2012. Theme Hospital - owned on GOG since 2012. Syndicate - owned on GOG since 2012. This proves beyond reasonable doubt that Origin is spying on me.

If you want to know what will next Origin game on the house - check out my GOG account. My money's on Dungeon Keeper Gold or System Shock 2. But Larry, Little Big Adventure or Septerra Core are also possible. And if you want some particular game to appear as Origin on the House - Let's just say that GOG supports gifts too. (note - this is not begging, it's public service. I won't be playing those games, I will only add them to my account to make them appear on Origin. Also Steamgifts are both Origin and GOG incompatible, and I hope that they are Conspiracy Theories and Seance of Humour compatible)

9 years ago

it's public service

Well played, sir. :-)

9 years ago

Thanks for the heads up!

9 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by UT99.