With this crappy integrated GPU, would I be able to run Skyrim well on low settings? In most YouTube videos I've seen good results from 20-40 fps. I intend to run Razer Gamebooster with this also. I have an Intel i5-2450M core with 2.5GHz and 6GB of ram

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Yes, I play it on my laptop (I would assume same shitty model Dell Inspiron) in class when the lecture is boring the shit out of me.

1 decade ago

Get a real graphics card, internal... while getting better than they where, still suck as they shared system memory... none of the latest games are designed to run on them.

1 decade ago

He's on a laptop

1 decade ago

My laptop has a 2GB Nvidia 650M so...

1 decade ago

Yeah but the point is your laptop came with that card, his didn't.

1 decade ago

Ah, yeh true. I guess I read Prox's post more as a "laptops can't do that" rather than a "can't really upgrade a laptop".

My bad :)

1 decade ago

Sorry, but seriously almost all laptops completely suck for hardcore gaming, you have to be extremely picky as it's not what they where originally designed to do. If getting a laptop, ensure it has or upgrade the graphics card - the exception: Alienwares Laptop are quite good, come with a graphics card and designed to game... but weigh like a brick, I wouldn't call those a laptop anymore.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

1 decade ago

i speak from experience, yes it can run well on the lowest setting.

1 decade ago

If youtube videos show an Intel HD 3000 getting 20-40fps, then an Intel HD 3000 will probably get 20-40fps for you as well. However, I'm seeing videos suggesting that Skyrim on medium settings on an Intel HD 3000 will get 10-20fps, not 20-40.

You will not get very good results, but it will run.

1 decade ago

I hate when people post long winded responses to questions, when they don't own or use the hardware. Again, as the owner of a shitty Dell laptop with the same specs, you can run Skyrim on medium with shadows off and lighting on low and will you play just fine.

Edit: He shortened his post considerably. lol.

1 decade ago

Lol you should have seen the reply he gave to one of my posts. About 15 lines of text to say no without using the word.

1 decade ago

But he said low settings not medium settings

1 decade ago

What about Civ 5?

1 decade ago

Civ 5 works fine, I have yet to play it on my desktop. Sadly most of my gaming gets done on that laptop between classes and in offline mode (Steam doesn't like connecting in the building where most of my classes are.) Load times will be long but not unbearable, again make sure to lower shadow and lighting settings, and stick to the DX9 version. Alt-tabbing out of the game and back in will cause the game to lose textures and will be forced to reload them, I have yet to find a way around this.

1 decade ago

yeah, pretty much what this guys says

1 decade ago

A better question would be, is it better to get Civ IV with maxed settings or Civ V with minimal settigs and longer load times?

Civ V looks awful on the lowest settings for water and fog of war.

1 decade ago

its not a crappy integrated gpu. integrated gpu's have come a long way.

1 decade ago

That's the GPU I have, and it's served me well for the most part. For being a laptop graphics card. I can't speak on either Skyrim or Civ 5, but New Vegas runs very well on my laptop. You should be fine.

1 decade ago

Instead of Skyrim get the elder scrolls online beta

1 decade ago

I live with a Intel GMA laptop for a year...it's maybe two or three level below than yours. I can run Skyrim on it with modified config someone made on internet or else the game will crash as you enter the intro.

1 decade ago

My brother apparently has Intel HD 3000 on his Celeron B815, and it works on Skyrim just fine. He insists on having textures on High and max draw distance for actors, and turning on self-shadowing on a 1280x600 resolution. Going low for everything would probably improve the experience a whole lot more.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by OneParsecAway.