I've been looking around and the lowest I can find it (which is pretty much price I see it everywhere) is for $80

I'm just wondering if anyone may know some stores that sell it a lot cheaper, it'll be delivered to Ottawa or it has to be a local store I suppose

Thanks!

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Any stereo (2 drivers) surround upmix headset will do, doesn't have to be that one. They all sound the same (as opposed to units with more drivers, sometimes called true surround, headsets) so don't pay for the fancy branding.
They've been using derivatives of the same weak C-Media chip for almost a decade now.

9 years ago

Any specific recommendations? Also it's not just about the surround sound and such. I have had good experience with Logitech. I need something that'll give me good sound, clear and crisp mic, and I am much more inclined to go for something with a braided cord than a rubber one.

9 years ago

Nah. not really, as I said, take your pick of any of them.

My personal favourite is the true surround (4 drivers per ear) one that Speedlink currently has as their Medusa 5.1 (it's been used by Turtlebeach and many others though, I originally encountered the model as a CyberSnipa Sonar 5.1) purely because it's the most comfortable one I've used over the years and because it's relatively cheap. I have a big head and wear glasses so unfortunately fit trumps all else for me, not that it does too poorly in other areas though, and then there's the price VS the others.

9 years ago

NCIX - 75$
Memoryexpress - 73.75$ - Tell to price match NCIX and they'll drop it to 73.75$
Refurbished Newegg - 55$

9 years ago

I've never really been a fan of refurbished items but I'll have a look anyways, thanks.

9 years ago

Try Ebay. I live in the UK and purchased a Logitech G930 for years; I recommend it to everyone. The G430 isn't "that" different. It's wired and slightly different aesthetically, but for the wireless alone, it's great. The ability to game, and leave the room and be kept in the loop with my friends is so handy. I originally bought my first, for £150 without looking around much. I then bought a second for my ex, and another for use in another room in my house at approx £60 each from Ebay. Huge drops, I'm sure you can agree. All in working order, and they've served me perfectly, for years. I'm wearing one as I type this. My current girlfriend actually happens to live in Ottawa, I may try to turn her onto the G930, too =P

Good luck in your search!

EDIT: Found one on Ebay.ca for you - http://www.ebay.ca/itm/N-Logitech-G430-Over-the-Ear-Stereo-Gaming-USB-Wireld-Headset-981-000536-/310772248218?pt=US_Computer_Headsets&hash=item485b782e9a

9 years ago

I'll look into that, thanks.

Also, the G930 does kind of interest me but it seems more expensive. Also I don't know how much I'd like dealing with the battery.

You should go visit her :P

9 years ago

She's actually coming to visit me this Saturday! We've been "together" [online] 3 months, but she'll be with me for 6 weeks as of the 19th July.

The G930 is wonderful, honestly. If you can spare the extra. The battery life is very good. You can charge it while you use it, or remove it whenever you want. The charge time to maximum is typically "about" 3 hours, but you get perhaps 9-10 hours use that way.

Basically, when you're sitting at your computer, you'd have it wired, just like you would have had to do with the 430. The difference is, you can wander off if you like and it's no problem. I've heard varied reviews on how far from the hub you can go, I guess it depends on the thickness of the walls in your house, but I live in a 3 floor house. My room is on the top floor, I can go anywhere in my house, even the garden, and continue my conversations or listen to music without any problems -unless- I go into my garage. Also, you can mute/ turn up or down /fast forward / pause /play songs or videos by pressing one of the hot keys located on the headphones themselves even whilst you're away from the computer. Convenience!

9 years ago

Ah, that's awesome, I hope you enjoy yourselves :P

The battery life does seem pretty good and I like how you can charge it while you use it, I had a wireless headset a cousin didn't want and it was okay but when the battery died you had to wait for it to charge which could take a bit of time.

My house isn't too big so I'm sure I'd be able to hear it from anywhere but then again if I' still at the house idk how far I'd be from my computer in general.

I will probably look at the difference in prices and if it's not too much I might just grab the g930 but I probably won't go spending too much because the trip I'm on has cost me a pretty penny! Thanks again though :)

9 years ago

NewEgg, Amazon, Ebay, TigerDirect, & if you find a good deal online, you could go to a Bestbuy & have them price match for you so you dont have to wait for shipping. id suggest The Find, to find a good price online

9 years ago

NewEgg has for cheaper only if used/refurbished.

Amazon is $80, Ebay I'm not the best with (cheaper, totals to $70 with shipping, as suggested by Tyrawr).

TigerDirect was more expensive :/

Does The Find work for Canada as well?

9 years ago

i have no clue, but its worth checking out & seeing if it supports Canada.
i live in the states, so i dont know what websites would be cheaper for you that are Canadian based, i figured id try & give you some options anyways, just in case.

9 years ago

That's fine, thanks a lot I will definitely look into it :)

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by Crocross.