I'm talking in general. There were always -%50 discounts for most of games on sale time before(sometimes even -%75). And they would do it even -%75/80 on flash sales.
But nowadays, they are only putting like -%35 or -%50 discounts for big partition of sales. And maximum, it only becomes -%66 sometimes. I really mean "sometimes". It is rare.

I am following deals since from beginning this winter, most of those deals were for actually cheap bundle games, or known cheap games from another websites.
In conclusion, this whole year, Amazon beat Steam in my opinion, in video game deals section.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Everyone beats steam this time. Green Man Gaming, Gamersgate, Gamefly, Amazon

1 decade ago

You are right. Green Man Gaming was great, too

1 decade ago

I think so.

1 decade ago

Yup, steam is losing at its very own game

1 decade ago

Ain't nothing gonna beat GamersGate for me. I'm happy waiting till January for my games at that price!

1 decade ago

Steam still provides them with STEAM keys, they just sell at the price they want.

If you find a better deal, buy it from there.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

If anything that's the most disappointing part - that essentially all these games are just indie titles.

1 decade ago

I agree with you. Amazon is the best for me.

1 decade ago

you are right

1 decade ago

I enjoyed getting the two Mass Effect games for $10. Was waiting/hoping for that!

1 decade ago

The number of threads complaining about this is getting disappointing as well.

1 decade ago

I don't think Steam is even trying to compete anymore. They're getting their shit smashed by everybody else's deals.

1 decade ago

Steam still provides them with STEAM keys, they just sell at the price they want.

1 decade ago

I think it's great. Found some games I wanted.

1 decade ago

I think the problem is that all the games you're seeing at 75% off you either already own or it has been 75% off many times before. At least it's that way in my case, haven't really spent a whole lot this season. I'm sure there are people out there that are new to steam and are enjoying it.

1 decade ago

yeah, this is what im starting to believe i own a lot already so in return less enticing deals

1 decade ago

Well, Yeah

1 decade ago

Meh, I got what I wanted, Dawn of War franchise and Morrowind from Steam, and Fallout 3 and Dragon Age collection from Gamersgate

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by withche07.