Search for new games to share.
Syntax for writing comments.
Frequently asked questions.
Community rules and guidelines.
SteamGifts Tools (formerly known as Real CV calculator for SGv2) is a tool in a form of a website that lets you do some interesting checks to steamgifts mechanics:
1. New design for the website, using steamgifts default theme as reference, since we all are used to it.
2. Now we have a new tool to check if a user has activated all his wins.
3. Buttons at top to change between tools, like steamgifts, and a button to steamgifts itself.
4. Now when we display a steamgifts username (results of win/sent cv or activation status), the name will be a link to his SG profile.
5. In Activation status tool, every entry on the log of games will be a link to the steam store page of that game/dlc.
6. Checkbox to change order to newest on top
7. Detailed game log for not activated DLCs and removed-from-steam-api is now hidden by default. There is a button to show/hide it.
8. Some more explained cases where the prediction can cause false positives.
9. Added giveaway type breakdown on sent CV
10. Added giveaway type breakdown on won CV
11. Whitelist for well-known games that don't appear as owned.
12. Whitelisted games are now shown in games log as a hidden entity like DLC's and Not-in-steam-Api ones
13. Added a new tab to list all whitelisted Games
14. Added a new tab to check multiple wins for the same game
15. Added a new tab to see the last additions to Bundle list
16. Last bundled games now shows the last entries added since a week ago or a minimum of the last 50 entries.
17. Migrated from plain php to Symfony2
18. The tool now enters giveaways to check winner status if it cannot verify that the user marked as received/not received. Group and private giveaways that have this conditions are assumed as received as the tool cannot enter to check it.
19. Added tabbed view for sent/won so you can check only giveaways of the selected type
20. New domain! http://www.sgtools.info
21. Added descriptions to the basic landing pages
22. New home landing page
23. Overall css changes
25. Thanks to a change in steamgifts now we can check "not activated" with just steamgifts username
26. DB refactor
27. Bundled cache now auto-updates bundled date if SG changes it
28. Equivalent table for appids
29. New category in not-activated games. The rare cases where the tool cannot check if the user marked it as received or not (4+ entries private/group giveaway where the user is not on the 3 public marked as received)
30. Top menu now is more organized with groups
31. Logout button on "Home" section
32. Reduced the stress level of the DB from sessions and petitions
33. Giveaway tools are now live for everybody
34. I would like to be able to see how many times the URL has been given so far.
35. Valid entries on giveaway (for support)
36. user owns the game mark
37. Ratio's error message round to 2 decimals
38. Giveaway dashboard pagination
39. Added exception for "Check vs Mate" on multiple wins, you can have up to 2 wins for this game
40. Giveaway filter page redesigned
41. New Filter: Never VAC Banned
42. Giveaways now accept advanced custom rules!
43. Now you can check for invalid entries other giveaways urls using the entries from a sgtools giveaway (aka trains)
44. Changed Tooltip for Pie charts
45. Now you can synchronize whenever you want
46. Giveaway creation and finish datetime gets updated before checking entries (valid/invalid)
47. Entries after giveaway finish time are considered invalid
48. SGTools now uses https for all steamgifts petitions and accept steamgifts https url's
49. Major refactor on giveaways Table
50. Train's wagons support
51. Infractions and strike system replacing bans for entering protected giveaways.
52. Store links on giveaway pages
53. New section, deals.
54. Rules can now be secret
55. All entries list option on giveaway manage zone (list all entries, without checking giveaway ending time)
56. Giveaways failing 5 entries rule are now shown on RealCV calculations with grey background (maintaining the border to indicate nonbundled/bundled status) an 0 CV.
57. Migrated to the newest version of Symfony
58. Migrated to PHP 7
59. Updated SGTools to work with the new dates on steamgifts.
60. Renamed VAC_economy_ban filter to trade_ban
61. wishlist_date filter
62. num_wishlisted_games filter
63. owned_games filter
64. num_owned_games filter
65. wishlisted_game_date filter
66. real_won_public, real_won_private, real_won_group filters
67. New sponsorship
69. Custom Rule creation GUI
70. Short term cache for rule checks
71. Changes error message on giveaway entry page. Now displayed in site with a link to Synchronization in the case of "Not Activated".
72. Adapted to new profile information changes on Steamgifts
73. New filters for free games on giveaway custom rule creation
74. Free Games are now taken into account when calculating CV
75. Adapted to new maximum cost of 50P
76. Giveaway page is now visible without being logged in
77. Giveaway page now has OG Metatags
78. Migrated to the newest version of PHP
79. Migrated to the newest version of Symfony
81. "Steam is learning about this game" system
82. Steam "Age check" bypass
83. Steam "Age check" bypass when it asks for a concrete date instead of generic mature content
* Number of users: **31.464**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.490**
* Number of users serving infractions: **27**
* Number of banned: **21**
* Ad-block Activated: **57,53%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **42,47%**
* Number of users: **30.199**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.421**
* Number of users serving infractions: **31**
* Number of banned: **19**
* Ad-block Activated: **56,44%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **43,56%**
* Number of users: **29.051**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.368**
* Number of users serving infractions: **32**
* Number of banned: **19**
* Ad-block Activated: **58,21%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **41,79%**
* Number of users: **28.339**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.328**
* Number of users serving infractions: **31**
* Number of banned: **19**
* Ad-block Activated: **56,99%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **43,01%**
* Number of users: **27.683**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.282**
* Number of users serving infractions: **40**
* Number of banned: **19**
* Ad-block Activated: **60,23%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **39,77%**
* Number of users: **25.801**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.169**
* Number of users serving infractions: **30**
* Number of banned: **18**
* Ad-block Activated: **59,92%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **40,08%**
* Number of users: **24.667**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.123**
* Number of users serving infractions: **35**
* Number of banned: **18**
* Ad-block Activated: **61.37%**
* Ad-block Not Activated: **38.63%**
* Number of users:*23.114
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: 1.057
* Number of users serving infractions: 33
* Number of banned: 17
* Ad-block Activated: 61.51%
* Ad-block Not Activated: 38.49%
* Number of users: **21.836**
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: **1.002**
* Number of users serving infractions: **29**
* Number of banned: **16**
* Number of users: 20.844
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: 937
* Number of users serving infractions: 33
* Number of banned: 14
* Number of users: 18.286
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: 801
* Number of users serving infractions: 37
* Number of banned: 13
* Number of users: 16.099
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: 686
* Number of users serving infractions: 56
* Number of banned: 8
* Number of users: 14.981
* Number of users that are giveaway creators: 617
* Number of banned: 112
About last Bans
Two days ago I was manually reviewing the anti-cheat logs for the last months and evaluating the data in them.
At the end, 6 cases where clearly abusing misuse of giveaway feedback to bypass sgtools rules. That behavior is one of the two punished with a ban, being the other one, leaking a giveaway URL.
As was expected, those people are just complaining about the ban in this thread, and of course all of them define themselves as not guilty, at least here in the forum.
New section: **Deals**
On this section you'll see a list of current deals on the following official reseller stores (Amazon US, Steam, GamersGate, GreenManGaming).
Deals of games that are on the bundled list are hidden by default, but there is a toggle at the top of the page to show/hide them whenever you want. If you decide to show bundle games, you'll see that they have a light red background to easily distinguish them from non-bundled deals.
Deals will show every deal that is above or equal to 50% discount, since they are the most notorious and the ones that interest most to people.
New Infraction system.
Infractions replaces bans on "entered sgtools protected giveaway without a valid entry" cases. This new system will use a strikes based calculations to ensure that a user is really aware of those infractions before being permanently denied of getting thought sgtools giveaways.
Strike system details:
1. First Strike -> 1 month
2. Second Strike -> 3 months
3. Third Strike -> 6 months
4. Forth+ Strike -> 3000 years (aka perma infraction).
Users currently serving an infraction will see a red bar on the top of every giveaway-related page informing of the time it'll expire. They can do every operation on sgtools apart from qualifying for giveaways and getting the url.
There is still permabans in place (currently only 5), for the following cases:
* Users that misuse giveaway feedback to bypass giveaway rules
* Giveaway url leakers
* Trying to exploit in any other way the system
New train system is live.
You'll see that now giveaway creation part accepts **multiple steamgifts url's**. The **first one** is considered the **main giveaway** and it'll be the one that appears on the sgtools protected giveaway's details.
You'll only be able to** enter wagons to sgtools during giveaway creation** time, and they **cannot be modified** (either removed or added). If you need more wagons you will need to create another giveaway altogether.
In short, a wagon will only be considered protected if it has been added during giveaway creation time, that gives more control over trains and closes some spaces that malicious users could use to try to ban other people.
This means that you will only be able to **check invalid entries for wagons that are on the system** associated with the main giveaway.
Comment has been collapsed.
If I'm reading it right it isn't considering the 5 entry requirement
Search for Fortix (which I've given 68 times) didn't have so many hits, so many include something so we know the number of copies given for each listing.
Also - Fortix (0.0017970102999144$)
Damn, I made a lot from that copy.
Fortix team assemble
Fortix (1 Copy) (0.018236498188585$ Total)
You're bit ahead of me :3
0.007855167211279$ Total (50 copies)
Now it's considering the 5 entry limit (I forgot about that one) and says the number of copies for each row of giveaways
Nice! Great and very useful tool :)
Thank you very much! Very useful tool!
It also doesn't seem to take into account games given away before their bundling date.
It does the check and it's working in my profile (Men of War: Vietnam), can you link me a place where the check fails?
Remember that the giveaways are listed from new to old. not the other way arround
I'm sure I gave Sonic Generations away before it was part of the Humble Bundle. I specifically made that giveaway end 2 hours before the week 2 games were unlocked anticipating that it would be bundled. I'm also pretty sure I got full contribution out of it (at least, on SGV1)
Checking the bundle games list though, Generations was bundled on March 13, 2014. IsThereAnyDeal lists Generations only got bundled once, on the Humble SEGA bundle, where it was added to BTA on December 2nd. Weird.
if it's added later, it still counts as it were there from start
Not sure why but it doesn't count most of my games, namely The Walking Dead: 400 Days, FTL: Faster Than Light, Dragon Age: Origins, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Napoleon: Total War.
Nifty little app, I see you've excluded GAs with less than 5 entrants even from the list rather than just mark them grey or so.I'm not a math expert but since it shows I'm 3.83, assuming level 4 is $100 I'm still 10$ short.
"Real CV for account murkmurkmurk: 81.75$" Solved.
Nope. it don't work.
This is the list that it shows: [http://screenshooter.net/101971914/oaxseel]
It don't "see" in my profile Unreal: Gold, Unreal: 2 and Duke Nukem Forever: [http://screenshooter.net/101971914/fnlpxhf]
Fixed the issue with the entries, sorry @Akoperu, it should work now
That should fix the issue for you too @MSKOTOR
PS: Don't code when you just woke up
Didn't include some games for me too but now all works great!
Well, it's not exactly hard math in my case anyway, but still useful! Thank you very much!
Yup, now it's fixed ;)
Yeah, it works :) Thanks!
Cool... Thanks. :D
I've got $317 given away, and I'm Level 5. I was Level 4 before my last 2 giveaways (Book Unwritten Tales (Bundled) and GTA San Andreas (Normal)), so Level 5 starts at $300. :)
Not necessarily. There are probably more to levels than CV.
For example my level is 4.93 with Real CV of $237.55, while adam1224's level is 4.90 with $251.75.
Or there might be a bug somewhere.
Hmm... First I gave away The Basement Collection and Civ V and Your tool takes them as 5.1$. The thing is, that it should get me 30$ CV for being the first games I gave away, or am I wrong?
That was on SGv1.
There is no 30$ free from bundles now , just a plain 15% at any level of CV
Btw, shouldn't there be additional category in discussions for "community-made" tools? It will bring more attention to them and help people to discover convenient features that they might like and would've never found out about them otherwise, because they lost somewhere deep in general forum. There was even special page in forum menu for addons on old Steamgifts if I recall correctly, so it make sense to do it here.
I haven't looked at the code but on a glance at the result I got from query I did notice that there are small bugs with your algorithm.
First it counts copies from latest to oldest (or top to bottom), it should be different way, from oldest (oldest copy I gave should give full $ and latest should be lowered after 5th for 10%).
Second you made overlook when counting gifts within giveaways with multiple copies. I'll give you example because it is easier than to explain with words. pvz 1 copy - full value, pvz 1 copy - full value, pvz 2 copies - full value, pvz 2 copies - here is mistake, both copies are lowered for 10%, instead of one giving full value, and second one to be lowered for 10%.
Good job btw ;)
The order is important in this case yes, I'll give it a look to change it to use older first. I just didn't thought in the case when the 5 copies messes around with the order.
For the 5 copies thing, I'll check it! Thanks for the bug report :)
EDIT: Fixed the bug with the multi-giveaways going from less than 5 copies to 6+ copies, thanks for the report!
And now the giveaways are showed and calculated from older to newer
Assuming red = bundle game, green = non-bundle game? If so, it's not accurate. It shows me giving away LEGO Lord of the Rings as a non-bundle game, when it's been bundled by BundleStars a few times.
It's not in the official Bundle List, you can check it here.
Maybe you should report it to mods
I just got to level 5 on steamgifts and I'm assuming it's $250. Your tool shows 248.975. My guess would be that there is a problem with how it calculates bundles. For example I've gave away multiple Indie Gala 7 but only one Humble Bundle for Android 3 and 4 Indie Gala 8 but both Humble Bundle and Indie Gala 8 shows reduced value in your tool when (as far as I understand) it should be full value for them.
Great work nevertheless.
It shows me 251.82579511$ as your CV.
Bundle status and repeated games are checked using it's steam url as identifier as it's unique and the most robust way to do it with the data that SG makes public.
The thing about Indie Gala and Humble bundle giveaways is that SG don't assign them an URL in the giveaways page, so they fall of in the same category for the CV calculations, making them count all together to the 5+ rule.
I'll do some changes tomorrow to correct this (it's something quite rare, because it has been a long time since they created an entry for a bundle like that).
I'm currently in the process of giving away all my unused bundle keys and someone must have confirmed their gift. It was accurate when I wrote it ^^".
The point is if you look at the list those 2 bundles I mentioned they are orange and IMO shouldn't be. I have no idea if this is SG issue or not, just trying to be helpful and reported something that may be a bug ;)
Sorry I didn't express myself well, it was a bug because i was using all gifts that doesn't have url (The old bundles from IG/HB 2+ years old) as the same giveaway for the 5+ rule.
It's now fixed.
I had $187 in SGv1 in your tool shows $112 also i found this bug
That is a bug in SteamGifts, If you look at your sent Gifts you'll see that indeed it's 0P.
oh haven't see it, thanks for the heads up. ill send a ticket to support
I appear to have a bug as well when entering this contest: http://www.sgtools.info/giveaways/7530e1a6-9ce6-11e5-b2c0-0663045ed9e8 It reads that I cannot enter b/c my public giveaways = $7.50, and the minimum is 10. However, I gave away about $5 worth of games after the SG bundle cut that have been marked received this morning and they show up in the SG checker for my username. But everytime I try to enter the contest I get the same public giveaways are too low message. The giveaway train ends at 10 AM tomorrow and I cannot access it despite meeting all the necessary requirements.
Great tool, thanks for putting it together for us!
Would it be possible for the tool to display the amount of real CV needed to reach the next level?
Check my thread here, maybe knsys can incorporate it, dunno.
Ah, I just need one $1k game for the next level. :P
Thanks for the tool, it's really usefull.
Is there any chance I could get the code of it, I'm just curious on how it's all coded.
maybe get some domain?
It's just a little tool that sooner or later will be a feature in SGv2. I don't think there is a need for a domain :)
That is an awesome tools ! Is there a way to use it to check the "Real CV" we could get by selecting a games ? That would be so great , and usefull to check if a games was bundled in the past that way !
You can just check if the game you want to give away is on the bundle list here: http://www.steamgifts.com/bundle-games
Could someone help me, please?
I guess I'm doing something wrong as it keeps telling me my CV is 0
"Real CV for account Luxy: 0$"
Maybe it's not working anymore?
Seems to not be working right now. It used to work for me some hours ago.
According to this topic though since I have a level of 8.87, it means that my "Real CV" is (8.87*3000)/9 = 2,956.67$ but if I remember correctly your tool calculated something like 2.800$.
Now that it's working again, I can confirm that it says I have a "Real CV" of 2878.3$, while I believe it should be more like 2,956.67$. So I don't know what, but something is not being calculated correctly :)
uhm, so Level 8 is from 2000 - 3000$, and your exact level is 8.87, therefore you should be around 2870$, that's pretty close to 2878$. Where is my mistake here ?
Well it's not your mistake on the levels, it seems to be a mistake in the tool.
Supposedly that level 9 is 3001$ then level 8,87 should be:
(8,87 * 3001)/9 = 2957$
Unless I've got it wrong...
CV needed for level is linear only within single range, so CV for level 8,87 should be $2000[level 8]+0,87*($3000-$2000)[progress throug level 8]
Might be. Was this mentioned somewhere?
Now that you asked, I can't say for sure that cg wrote anything about in level progress value, only that level boundaries are nearly exponential. I think there was something in beta site, but might be wrong. Anyways linear interpolation within single level should be close enough
We are going to find out after my current giveaway ends.
Well now that my giveaway has ended, it seems you are right. I gave away a 70p non bundle game and my level from 8.87, went up to 8.94.
Real CV for account crizyz: 0$
I guess it cannot fetch the profile somehow?
did you type in your sg user name..? it worked for me.
Yeah it works now, I guess it was a temporary thing (as other also pointed out here).
Kind of interesting to see. :)
Real CV for account Selknam Defense: 0$