Hi guys!

I wrote a support ticket both 2 weeks and 1 week ago but still haven't got a reply, so I thought I should ask here. Worth a try :D

I'll soon release my game on Steam and I'd like to make a 50+ copy giveaway, and earlier I tried applying for a developer account.
They asked a screenshot about the Steamworks dashboard, and said that "Your Steam nick on the screenshot needs to be the same as the nick of the account associated with your SG account."

If I get it right, in my case there's a problem. I asked them about this, but still no reply since 2 weeks.
The problem is that my Steam Gifts account (from which I'm currently writing) is based on my standard, "player" account, and not on my developer account, which I use Steam Workshop with.

This is because only my standard, "player" Steam account has 100$+ worth of games, on my developer account I don't own any games besides my own.

What could I do now?

Thanks in advance! :)

UPDATE at 2021.04.23.

Finally I got it :) Thanks for the help guys!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Isn't having multiple steam accounts against their ToS? I suggest you register here with your developer account to get the role.

3 years ago

He said he can’t, since he doesn’t have any games on it.

3 years ago

Don't think so, i reported someone for having 4 accounts (all the same username but with a 1/2/3/4 at the end) and nothing occurred.

3 years ago

no i think having 1-5steam accounts is actually allowed
and no alot of publisher have different dev/publishing accounts etc .

3 years ago

10 is the random number from random Steam internal documentation but plenty of people have many more without anything happening since it's not clearly stated anywhere in ToS.

3 years ago

What about gifting your copies with your regular account, creating multiple giveaways over time?

3 years ago

You can gradually create giveaways for multiple copies. This will help you reach the limit you want (every 3 completed giveaways gives you +1 slot for that).
You can also ask someone from your friends on the SG who have a lot of slots to make a giveaway instead of you.
Remember, the presence of multiple accounts is prohibited by the rules of the SG. You will have to delete the player's account.

3 years ago

Yeah, that's my plan B, but being in the dedicated 50+ copies area is pretty neat, and it will be ages till I reach that through the standard way. :D
Anyway, thanks for the tip, I will reach out to my friends if nothing better comes up. :)

3 years ago

If you want to do this giveaway to get awareness for your game and not for the SG points you could ask a higher-level member of the community to do the giveaways for you. I can currently make 130 giveaways at a time if I want to. So try and get into contact with someone you know who uses steam gifts regularly or take a chance with someone on the site with a good track record.

Or you could try and push support more with this, though from what I understand they are generally a skeleton crew (very few people) so it will take quite a while before you get a response.

3 years ago

That's a fantastic idea!
And by any chance would you be so kind to make a giveaway for me? :)
Your history looks good, and it's convinient to ask you :D

It would be a 50-100 key giveaway from April 19th and would last maybe a 1 week.
Sadly I can't really offer much in exchange, other than a key, a place in the credits, and of course the contributor points :D (It will give you around 140 points if I calculated it well?)

3 years ago

If CBlade can't do it I can create your GA.
Atm. I can create 329 GAs.

Your calculation might be wrong because you only get points for five copys. Any additional copy will not give any points. :)

3 years ago

Thanks for the offer, well, we'll see :)

Hmm, I thought that after 5 copies the value will decrease only by 10% with each copy, not instantly nullified.
The FAQ is out of date or I've misunderstood something? :D

3 years ago

looks like you are right :)

3 years ago

Yup your accurate. If you wish to create the giveaway from April 19 onwards, most likely the moderator has granted you the role: game developer and you will have no giveaway limit.

3 years ago

I'm more than happy to assist, as mugknight mentioned if you plan on making it after April 19th a moderator might have granted you the role by then. So if you haven't gotten a response then I can do the giveaway for you :).

3 years ago*

Okay, thanks a lot :)

3 years ago

Mods are shorthanded, so when matters get complicated, it takes time to get a response. On the other hand, when having like barely 20-30 GA slots I was planning an event with 40+ GAs, my request for a temporary increase of the limit has been positively answered in a day or two (and actually those extra GA slots have never been removed from my account).

I think, that very likely the issue was, that they were just not convinced, that the 2 accounts really belong to the same person. Posting a link to your player account in profile description of your Steam dev account may solve this.

3 years ago

Yes, I wanted something similar like this, also contacted Steam asking whether my other account can get a Developer account on the game as well, and currently I'm waiting for their reply.

But the problem is that I they asked the screenshot 2 weeks ago, and I instantly replied with my situation stated, asking for a solution. But until now, still no reply. :\

Well, being a mod is not easy with this many users.

3 years ago

bump!

3 years ago

Yep, still no progress on this :D

3 years ago

I think you could just link this account of yours to the game? Many games have multiple developers who are distinguished by the yellow name and tag on the game's forums. If I remember it correctly, they accept that as a proof of being a developer as well. (I'll look for the topic in a sec)

edit: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/dxt71/how-to-change-my-account-from-member-to-game-developer#RvFwHAs

3 years ago*

Yep, I've already done that 1 month ago, and notified the mods about it in the existings tickets, then also created a new one...
But no reply.
I mean, there was one reply. 2,5 weeks ago, that one mod forward it to someone else :D

3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by Tudvari.