View attached image.
7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Are you satisfied with Summer Sale?

View Results
Yes
No
Potato

There's a sale on? All I can see is crap prices and a broken store.

7 years ago

I'm content :-)

7 years ago

You didn't take a look at any other thread, did you?

7 years ago

It's hard to find good deals when you have most of the things you already have, that has not already been out for a while ;)

7 years ago

The most common thing i've seen all day is this:
"Sorry
The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later."

7 years ago

Was pleasantly surprised to see Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on sale. Was even more pleasant to notice that when I picked up my copy a week or so ago, I paid £1 less than its current steam sale price :D

Was almost worried I should have waited... (Having said that, I've now sunk so much time into DD:DA that my Imperial Clipper in ED:H must be missing my byy now /grin

7 years ago

Don't the sale prices change over the course of the next 10ish days? Like last year? When I saw some games that were 50% off go to 75% off later, games 25% off go to 60% off, ect?

I think people need to wait more than 2 hours in a several day long sale event to make logical evaluations of the event. AKA TL;DR Wait and see if it gets better, because it's likely to be the case.

7 years ago

there has been an announcement during the winter sale that there would be no more daily and flash sales and that the discount at the beginning of the sale would be the same during the entire sale.

So we wont see those swings in price anymore :|

7 years ago

Did they say that for the winter sale, or for all big sales events for the future? (also link if it's convenient)

7 years ago

Curious to know the answer to this q too.

7 years ago

They seem to have 2 sale types during this event, regular sales for games across the marketplace, and highlighted deals. Now I do not know if highlighted deals are just featured deals, or are temporary deals which are higher savings than the rest. If it is the second, that's fine... but if it is the first I'll be slightly more disappointing with this summer's sale. Guess we'll figure that one out tomorrow.

7 years ago

Notice the term is "Highlighted Deal" instead of "Daily Deal". There are no daily deals anymore. You don't even need to wait until tomorrow. The expiration time for that particular discount on a game is always on the game page, and all the highlighted deals expire at the end of the sale.

7 years ago

It was said during winter sale, But I cant find any official reports anymore, only stuff on other sites like redit but they also provide no link to back it as proof.

But what I read back on those unofficial reports was that the highlighted deals where just the same price as when they werent highlighted.

And because everything looks the same like the winter sale, I would say we can safely assume that there wont be any dailys. In the unofficial repots whas also noted that steam did it because it didnt fit with the new design for the big sales.

People commented that it was mostly done to prevent a flood of returned games because people find a better discount later on in the sale for the same game....

7 years ago

I am not disappointed ..because i don't buy my games direct through Steam anymore..so its All years sale for me compared to Steam prices.

7 years ago

Everything I hadn't bought last sumer/holiday sales is more expensive now! WTF! Wolfenstein from 7.50€ to 10€, GTA V from 32€ to 36€. I can't even.

7 years ago

Yep. I was hoping for Wolfenstein to drop to around 5 Euro this time... guess I was wrong :(

7 years ago

Well, they keep giving less & less deals (like daily deals), less & less gimmicky games and chances to win free stuff, and there's just an over saturation of games on Steam in general. There's just WAY too many games to choose from, and even when the games are only $5 or less, the price still adds up.

7 years ago

I don't even get excited for sales anymore.

7 years ago

The only game I cared about has no discound :C

7 years ago

No you are not, i miss the old version of the steam sales.
Back when the old sales where here, there were very nice deals every 24 hours.
Now we have decent deals 24/7, but id rather want the great deals every 24 hours then :/

7 years ago

About 70% of my wishlist is on sale. Though I have so many games now and no time to play them that I probably won't buy anything anyway heh.

7 years ago

Yes, you are the only person who feels this way. Everyone else has learned to temper their expectations.

7 years ago

Dominions 4 again 16euros instead 5 as it were before, maybe gamersgate will have better deal..

7 years ago

I know right!?!? I expected BLop3, XCOM 2, and FO4 to each be 95% off. What kind of crap "sale" is this?

7 years ago

As always i am here because the Gifs/Images. xD

And no, you're not the only one disappointed.

7 years ago

worst sale ever.

7 years ago

There are some pretty good under $6 games I got.

7 years ago

No... I probably have all those games that have great deals because I can't find nothing even remotely tempting.

Hands down best deal I found is Valkyria Chronicles Remaster for 5€, that is very sweet deal.

7 years ago

Putting the sarcastic comments aside about wanting 95% off, the sale is kind of disappointing.

I know year over year someone always says this is the worst sale ever, but these sales really are getting progressively worse in terms of good discounts.

I still found a few things on discount worthwhile, but overall it seems like discounts are either staying the same or are worse for games you'd expect to get a decent discount. A lot of games aren't even on sale you'd expect to see there some sort of discount for.

Going through my wishlist of 70+ games and seeing indie games for only 10% or 15% off that have been around for a while isn't a trend I like seeing.

7 years ago

Skips Watchdogs 80% off since 'sale soon'
Sale: 50% off

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo

Waits for sale to buy Saints Row bundle
They disable bundle for sale

Skip Evil Defenders -75% weekly, since 'sale soon'
Sale: 50% off

Should I go on?

7 years ago

"They disable bundle for sale"

Who is this 'they'?

7 years ago

Either Valve or Volition
https://steamdb.info/bundle/242/

:/

7 years ago

It's not Valve.

7 years ago

One can only see so many "publishers rule" all and see better deals on GOG and such...
Valve definitely isn't innocent.

7 years ago

How are they guilty?

Valve doesn't set prices. Do you think they wink wink set prices?

7 years ago

They also don't say "That's a major dick move, no, Valve does not endorse such behavior" when Volition asks them to disable their package for the sale.

7 years ago

That's not Valve's responsibility.

7 years ago

This is the most shit sale ever no csgo as gift, no cheap warband, nothing fack

7 years ago

"What sale?"

Yes, it's awful. Expectations fulfilled.

7 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by Bartes21.