First heard about it here EA updated some older games of theirs on steam.

However the bigger potential tease would be a post EA made on twitter.

What do you all think? Think it's true? Do you hope it is true?

Update:
From EA

"Electronic Arts and Valve have partnered to put EA games into the hands of the players on Steam. Starting next spring, EA Access—our ever-growing subscription service powered by great games and member benefits—will be making its way to Steam. EA Access is the first and only gaming subscription service available on Steam, and the fourth platform featuring an EA subscription.

The partnership kicks off with Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order launching on November 15—and available for pre-order today. In the coming months, players on Steam will also be able to play other major titles like The Sims™ 4 and Unravel™ Two. Multiplayer games—like Apex Legends™, FIFA 20, and Battlefield™ V—will become available next year, and players on both Origin™ and Steam will have the ability to play together.

A library of titles awaits you in The Vault, but beyond the games themselves, EA Access enhances your gaming experience with a medley of rewards. Get the red-carpet treatment with exclusive catalog-wide discounts, and in-game member benefits for some of our biggest franchises.

Keep an eye out for more news and updates on this partnership in the coming weeks and months!"

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Would you be excited if this happened?

View Results
Yes! I Just in time to buy the new star games, and other older games that skipped steam.
Not really. Don't have any interest in any of there games at all.

I'll only care when they bother to bring back NHL on PC

4 years ago

That would be great!

4 years ago

+1

4 years ago

Yes. So much yes.

4 years ago

+99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

4 years ago

I heard a rumor they might not.

4 years ago

The rumor you heard was wrong Doctor. ;)

4 years ago

I hope they update Jade Empire so I can launch it at all.

4 years ago

Far as I remember it's possible to get it to launch. I remember that I did it, I just don't remember how.

4 years ago

I tried a few things I found in the game's discussion, nothing would work. I was hoping for a GOG Connect but that sounds even less likely these days.

4 years ago

I played through Jade Empire on Windows 10 a couple of years ago. No issues whatsoever, I might've done something on the PCGamingWiki though.

4 years ago

It's probably true. The real question is will they force you to also sign into their client (Origin) every time you want to boot into one of their games on Steam like certain other companies.

4 years ago

the only company who still has not done that is Bethesda,BLESS THEM AT this moment, those x2 clients in 1 makes me angry af.

4 years ago

If you look at the screenshots of the update it's using the steam app launch command to then execute an origin app launch, so yeah it looks like they will be using it to funnel folks into origin.

4 years ago

I'm doubting it. EA is all about greed.

What does Steam offer EA to convince them that it's worthwhile to pay Valve's cut ?

4 years ago

Significantly higher sales I'd assume. Even if Valve takes a 30% cut its probably worth it if sales are several times what they would be by staying Origin-exclusive.

4 years ago

That could work. Depending on how well Steam's automated marketing systems work out, which seem to be something only Valve is working on.

The question becomes: How long will EA games be Origin exclusive for after launch before going to Steam ?

4 years ago

I'm guessing several years - they're gonna want to pick up every last buyer willing to go to Origin, so Steam won't happen until well after 75% discounts on Origin.

4 years ago

I heard a rumour that there's a rumour that rumours are rumoured to be rumoured about.

I'll only care if my current Origin library can be transferred to Steam. Otherwise I'm still stuck with two launchers.

4 years ago

+1

4 years ago

man, i would again buys nfs series, nhl 0n pC, EA DO IT, anthem xD, would be nice.

4 years ago

Anthem is just a mess. repetitive, unbalanced and bad netcoding.

4 years ago

ye, but like for 10$ im fine for that xD

4 years ago

I'd say it's only worth 5$ as a pretty tech demo lol

4 years ago

Still waiting for a super cheap bundle of all Mass Effect DLC.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

A unified system for games similar to Movies Anywhere would be ideal.

4 years ago

Have you heard about GOG Galaxy 2.0? I think that might be what you're looking for. It's still in closed beta, and I've signed a nondisclosure agreement, but I can say that it's already exceeded my wildest expectations.

4 years ago

Movies Anywhere works a bit differently - if you buy a movie in one store - all the other stores that are members honor the purchase and make it playable in their store if available. My wish is that anyone can shop around and get the best price they can find, but still play in their preferred store / community.

I'll check out GOG Galaxy 2.0 though.

4 years ago

Yeah, that'd be a dream, especially because some stores sell DRM-free copies; if DRM weren't a thing, I'd be a lot more generous to other digital storefronts.

4 years ago

Completely understood - and I agree! 😁

4 years ago

Oh and maybe a valued customer bonus for owning a game on steam AND origin before the merge XD But yeah it'd be cool if it would be a bit like GOG connect, although it still is EA we're talking about, I just can't image anything free without a catch XD

4 years ago

The Saboteur would be amazing. Already own it on GOG and Origin, but it is criminally underrated and I would love to see a remaster/sequel.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

+1. Played it first on PS3, and I bought it in GOG too when I noticed it was there, really liked that game and would buy it a third time for Steam.

4 years ago

The Saboteur really is so underrated. Could be a true masterpiece if EA didn't rush the project and cut budget when the game was still in development.

4 years ago

Imagine how could a modern sequel could have been if they hadn't closed Pandemic and actually gave them enough time and money to make it.

4 years ago

EA sells a lot of their legacy games on GOG (Ultima, Wing Commander) so I don't see why they wouldn't sell them on Steam too.

4 years ago

It would be nice, I still haven't played Mass Effect 3 or Dead Space 3, so those being on Steam would probably make me play them.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

bof EA games are not really good games

4 years ago

I heard a rumor that Half-Life 3 will be released before the end of the world.

4 years ago

Evenmore, it will cause the end of the world!

4 years ago

if true, probably only the older games.
Hard to imagine their cash cows (FIFA, NHL, Sims 4) being brought to Steam too.

4 years ago

Don't really care, easy to keep track of all EA games because they are on origin, and most of them can be finished through a month or two origin access.

4 years ago

If so I'll buy the Dragon ages and Mass Effects.

4 years ago

If they bring ME3 to steam, i could be more than happy. Maybe there will be somekind of renissance of ME3 MP.

4 years ago

Command & Conquer Collection <3
Dungeon Keeper <3
A Way Out <3
Unravel 1+2 <3
SimCity 2000 <3
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault <3
The Saboteur <3
Dragon Age II <3
All Wing Commander Games <3
All Ultima Games <3
Theme Hospital <3

ah come on all Retros from Origin as well!!!!

That would be my Most Wanted on Steam :3

4 years ago

I really liked NFS 2015, got 1 month free on rogarena and I really liked that game, I know many still don't think that new NFS games are good but old aged and from new stuff only 2015 is game that I liked but not to a point to buy it after my sub expired, however if it is on steam, I might get it.

4 years ago

4 years ago

My favorite comment: “Sugar DLC is $8.99. Get the Season Pass to get the Cream Expansion when it releases months from now!”

4 years ago

It would be great to be able have older of their games on Steam. I'm not really interested in newest.

4 years ago

Honestly, I don't really care. Origin works well enough that I'm willing to use it. So if EA manages to come out with a game that interests me that's Origin exclusive, I'll buy through Origin once the discount gets large enough.

If they bring the game to Steam, I'll buy from whichever client (with sufficient features) that hits the discount first.

4 years ago

Meh. With Origin Access you can play a lot of games for ridiculously cheap. Also with this garbage pile Steam has become it is easier to find interesting games on publishers own launchers.

I'm not interested in Ubisoft games, so I don't have their launcher. I like some EA games, so I have Origin. But I also don't need all the social features that comes with Steam, for me launcher is there to open a game I want to play.

4 years ago

Now we can use steam wallet for Origin Access. lol :D

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.