First heard about it here EA updated some older games of theirs on steam.

However the bigger potential tease would be a post EA made on twitter.

What do you all think? Think it's true? Do you hope it is true?

Update:
From EA

"Electronic Arts and Valve have partnered to put EA games into the hands of the players on Steam. Starting next spring, EA Access—our ever-growing subscription service powered by great games and member benefits—will be making its way to Steam. EA Access is the first and only gaming subscription service available on Steam, and the fourth platform featuring an EA subscription.

The partnership kicks off with Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order launching on November 15—and available for pre-order today. In the coming months, players on Steam will also be able to play other major titles like The Sims™ 4 and Unravel™ Two. Multiplayer games—like Apex Legends™, FIFA 20, and Battlefield™ V—will become available next year, and players on both Origin™ and Steam will have the ability to play together.

A library of titles awaits you in The Vault, but beyond the games themselves, EA Access enhances your gaming experience with a medley of rewards. Get the red-carpet treatment with exclusive catalog-wide discounts, and in-game member benefits for some of our biggest franchises.

Keep an eye out for more news and updates on this partnership in the coming weeks and months!"

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Would you be excited if this happened?

View Results
Yes! I Just in time to buy the new star games, and other older games that skipped steam.
Not really. Don't have any interest in any of there games at all.

What if it's just a fantastic cup of coffee. Maybe even an Epic one. If that were the case then the people would go batshit crazy lol

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

4 years ago

I'm not so sure. The change for Dragon Age II is to remove the "entitlement key" (also known as the pre-order bonus) from the package. This might just be a cleanup of 'expired' pre-order bonuses.

The change for Saboteur was to remove some tags ("Action" and "Adventure"). No idea what might cause that

4 years ago

Funny how Star Wars wasn't rumored at all, yet somehow came to steam first. I got a lucky guess with that. lol

4 years ago

Between Greed and Pride, one of them ought to be stronger., And it seems Greed has won.

4 years ago

EA probably wants this Star Wars to do super well commercially and critically since the last 2 SW games were duds. Maybe a fear of losing the license after the 10 years is up.

4 years ago

So this is only for the new star wars game, such a shame was hoping for some Bioware games to come as well.

4 years ago

They plan on rolling out some older games I think? I would assume all future EA games might come to Steam?

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.