Steam Game Festival is back. Not sure this is a deal, but guess some of the featured games will be on sale.

Join us for the Steam Game Festival, February 2021 edition, starting February 3rd at 10am Pacific.

Explore over 500 free game demos, watch developer livestreams, and chat with developers about the games they are making.

Play them from now until Feb 9th @ 10am PST!

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/steamgamefestival

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Well...

View Results
Deal
No deal

if deal is good i buy.

3 years ago

500 free game demos

Oh gawd.

3 years ago

Free demos, oh my

3 years ago

Since when are demos called free? Do it mean we need to pay a DEMO version?! Sounds ridiculous or?

3 years ago

Indeed. Seems very redundant to me to add free but what do I know, I'm old.

3 years ago

Imagine not having demo version of games anymore...

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Last time I played a bunch of demos for some pretty interesting indie games. It's a nice way to find something different to follow.

3 years ago

It's actually a pretty good idea - demos I mean. Bundling them together in a festival with time restrictions kinda sucks.
Still, last time something like this happened, I wishlisted couple indies, and unwishlisted couple others (for example Spiritfarer, which I found boring), and it promotes games that aren't out yet (so it's not as easy to miss them). Overall it's pretty alright event.

3 years ago

Nice to see, though i don’t understand why they don’t keep the demos up after the event...

3 years ago

According to steam DB it is a sale, so who knows

3 years ago

Interesting. I'm getting thoroughly downvoted on Reddit for mentioning that there's a concurrent sale. Apparently, only site-wide Steam sale events count as sales. It's actually quite hilarious watching people explain that there are always games on sale but there is not a sale at the moment.

3 years ago

ugh, yeah people on reddit tend to be arse hats

3 years ago

i rarely comment on reddit
really hate it whenever someone downvoted me or other
doesnt really care much, but feeling how stuck up they are is really disgusting

3 years ago

can't tell if you're potentially being ironic. . .in case you're not - who gives half a fuck what random dickwads on reddit think. don't get discouraged and depressed just coz some cunt who can't even back up their opinion downvoted your comment. reddit's full of those jackasses - it shouldn't stop you from expressing yourself, you know freedom of speech n all that - if anything, it should drive you even more to be you n tell it like it is. ffs, reddit karma don't mean jack shit. whale away right back at those cucks.

3 years ago

you're right
thanks

3 years ago

Sound advice and all but it's like saying one shouldn't care what anyone else in the world thinks or is saying about you. Not a sustainable strategy even on Reddit since we don't have full control over our emotion-driven brains.

I mean, of course, you are right that one shouldn't care much but it's nigh on impossible to not care

3 years ago

ahh, but you see, that's wherein lies the answer to that particular problem - one shouldn't let their mind be driven purely by emotion. one should, nay, must ensure their mind, and thus their decisions, be reason-governed at all times, if possible. instinct alone does not suffice.

but of course, it takes practice, to grow as a person. I never said they shouldn't care at all; I just tried to convey a message that there's no need to be feeling down and out and beaten, but to pick oneself up and dust off and carry on with dignity and more of a resolve to be their true self. 'tis all.

3 years ago

I probably comment too much. It's, in some ways, interesting to note that I get more downvotes on some posts after being fairly active for a while. I'm guessing some are vengeful and got friends :P

The voting system is flawed since people rarely seem to take enough time to think about what they are reading and extremely rarely give anyone the benefit of a doubt. Once someone has accumulated a couple of downvotes the snowball effect takes over.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

Ehhhh I don't like playing demos so I don't think I'll miss much :P

3 years ago

any badge?
I didn't see one

3 years ago

Demos that expire. If you don't have much free time for a while you can't check them out. Makes tons of sense.

3 years ago

Had a lot of fun in the recently released Hellish Quart Demo. It can be enjoyed with a Steam friend via Remote Play as well.

3 years ago

DEMO should be FREE with unrestricted time limit
it's not like dev put "full game" for their demo right?

3 years ago

I like it. Though, yeah, I have to stop playing my other games for a while in order to try these demos out. Found wonderful Beacon Pines, also backed it on kickstarter. And Blind Drive was awesome too

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.