https://www.walmart.com/ip/THQ-Nordic-Pillars-of-Eternity-II-Deadfire-PC/640065776

can also check local stock/price here:
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=640065776

Includes Steam key. Lowest price on Steam thus far has been $32.99 (U.S. region) so this beats it by miles.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I'm afraid that San Leandro, 15555 Hesperian Blvd is not very convenient location for pick-up for me :(

5 years ago

Only 2 left!

5 years ago

I bought my copy yesterday at Walmart. I now have all of Obsidian's recent rgps, including PoE 1 Complete Edition, Tyranny and now PoE 2. I will wait for a sale on the upcoming Outer Worlds as well.

Recore Definitive Edition(PC) and COD WWII(Xbox One and PS4) is also on sale at Walmart at approximately the same price of $10.

5 years ago*

Not that price at my local store. And I don't want to drive the 30 minutes to another.
Good post though :)

5 years ago

May be worth checking again now. I think some additional stores may have adjusted their pricing.

5 years ago

Still too much for me to spend at Walmart.

Then again, one US penny is too much for me to spend there as I flat out refuse to shop at a Walmart. I hate them.....

5 years ago*

+1

5 years ago

Thanks for this! I just ordered the last one in stock at my nearest wal Mart. Pick up tomorrow. Let's hope it's there!

5 years ago

Huh 2 at my stuff. :o
Probably won't get it though lol

5 years ago

FYI - On store shelves this may show as $19.99, so you may want to order it for in-store pickup under the sale price to avoid hassle in case the sale doesn't ring up at checkout. Here's pics I took of it up close at Walmart.
This physical box includes a DVD but also says "internet connection required for activation" on the front and "Steam required" on the back. Surely they don't mean you have to have Steam to install the DVD, right? I assume this means you can either install from DVD or activate & install through Steam? I didn't buy it myself since I'm on a tight budget this month, have a large backlog, and don't have PoE 1 yet.

5 years ago

Regardless of what the in-store price tag may say it should ring up as $9.93 if that's what it showed you at that particular store but yeah it's not a bad idea to order online for in-store pickup. I find Walmart is often bad/spotty when it comes to displaying accurate pricing on shelf/item tags.

I haven't bought a physical PC game in forever but I would imagine that with the DVD there may be a lot less to download but that Steam would be required regardless.

5 years ago

I've never heard of a PC game on a physical disk that ALSO requires a Steam account though - Is that a thing now? I've only heard about PC game boxes that are just a Steam key OR a physical disc separate from Steam activation. I haven't bought a physical PC game in years though.

5 years ago

Ummm that's nothing new. It's been that way for years where physical games that included a Steam key required it. Skyrim probably did for example. If they didn't then Steam would only be optional and that doesn't really make sense from a DRM standpoint. I mean maybe at one point it may have been that way but not as far as I can recall.

5 years ago*

https://steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

Okay so it looks like Pillars of Eternity II is technically DRM-free once you've downloaded it and doesn't require that the Steam client be running to play, but it still may be needed for the initial installation & downloading updates, etc.

Note that this may vary from one title to another.

5 years ago

Thanks. They had 1 left at my store.

5 years ago

Thanks but they have none locally, but there is one like 30 miles away from where I live, but probably won't bother with it - there is only one copy left as well.

5 years ago

Ok so I just got mine and here's what I got..

Case sleeve
Case
Disk
Steam Code on inside of the case

Activated the game on Steam and it gives an "owners bonus" DLC called Guan's Pledge.

Internet is required to activate the game and Steam is required to play.

5 years ago*

Oh snap, I know where I'm heading to in the morning. Thanks for the heads up Shad0WeN!

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.