Great :( A free Android game I might actually play and Underground still won't let me download it because on the game page I just get the prompt to upgrade my Amazon App to Amazon Underground which I obviously have. Get your shit together Amazon! I haven't been able to get any of their free Apps since they made the change to Underground.

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

And i always keep getting You are not eligible to purchase this app due to geographical restrictions.

7 years ago

Right after they launched Underground that was my guess too because Austria wasn't listed under the supported countries but apparently it has been added since then but it's still not working. Going to delete and reinstall Underground now hoping it will then recognize that I have the current version installed and if that's not working I'm done with this BS.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently you can't uninstall Underground because it replaced the old Amazon App which coudn't be uninstalled because it was one of those "extremly useful" preloaded apps.

7 years ago*

That's why you are rooting your phone and get rid of that shit

7 years ago

Yea, I know but I'm an old corgie. This is my first smartphone and although it's still working fine so far it's definitly not up to date so it's probably not worth the effort.

7 years ago

Have you tired "purchasing" from the web page on PC?

7 years ago*

Not yet but that's what I was about to try. Just have to have my password send to me first because my real PC is on sabbitcal :D

7 years ago

Yes, worked. Thanks :D

7 years ago

Thanks, worked in Hungary.

7 years ago

Thanks

7 years ago

I get the geo restrictions bs even though my country is on the list.

7 years ago

These games are always free with Amazon Underground. (Italy)

7 years ago

Nice, thanks :)

7 years ago

Just found out OPUS: The Day We Found Earth is free too on Underground, it was on my wl:D

7 years ago

Thanks for the info, only recently found out about the game :D

7 years ago

KOTOR on my phone, I won't say no to that!

EDIT: Sonic CD is also free, as are Goat Simulator and the Waste of Space expansion for it.

Sorcery 1 + 2 are also free, yay!

Raiden Legacy and R-Type, too.

7 years ago*

Ugh, I've updated the app numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled and it keeps saying I need to install the Underground app to get the game for free.

Anyone have a fix? Browsing to the link on pc only gives me a page saying it can't be sold due to geographical restrictions.

7 years ago

Can I somehow claim those games to my amazon account and install them later on my tablet (which I have at home, and won't get there until next week).

I now started installing them on my smartphone, but canceled the download, in hope I can download them again on my other device next week.

7 years ago

As long as you add them to your account, they will be your forever (well, sort of), you can download whenever you wish.

7 years ago

Yeah thanks. Figured as soon as I received "order confirmations" for the apps where I canceled the download.

7 years ago

So i installed the Underground app ? and when i want to get Castle of illusion it asks me to download Underground app agaon ?

The 100% Free version of this app and thousands more apps , games , and even in-app items are only available from Amazon Underground .
Update your Amazon App to Amazon Undergroudn to start Experiencing the actually free , Update now

I click update now and nothing happens ....

Anyone else have that issue ?

7 years ago*

Completely same for me. Amazon Underground doesn't work.

And when I try to get it from website I get a message "You are not eligible to purchase this app due to geographical restrictions"
Changed my country to USA, still nothing. :(
And I really wanted these games....

7 years ago

Based on the app reviews that does seem to be a common problem.....

7 years ago

Did you add a US address? I changed my address from my local shipping address to a US address when Heroes VII was available for $5 and I never changed it back. I was never able to use Underground before I changed my address, but it is working for me at the moment. I got all three games mentioned here on my new Android phone and they all worked.

7 years ago

You are right, it works now. Seems like I was changing the country in wrong place (shipping) instead of here.
No more geographical restriction, could add apps.
Needed to unistall and reinstall Amazon Underground to be able to directly download apps from it though.

7 years ago

I'm happy you came right. I was very annoyed when they moved away from the original app to Underground which I couldn't use. At least it's good to have found a workaround. And the games are all good.

7 years ago

Yup, all great games, even found a few more.

Goat Simulator and DLC is still free too. :D

7 years ago

Thanks, I will grab those too. :)

7 years ago

This is good, thank you!

7 years ago

Happy Cake Day!

7 years ago

Is all for Android?

7 years ago

Yep, all Android

7 years ago

... If only I had a Android.

7 years ago

ε±Œηˆ†δΊ†

7 years ago

Bump for so much Android goodness.
Thanks for updating the thread :D By the way it seems to be missing the one Budgie mentioned "OPUS: The Day We Found Earth".

7 years ago

Ghosts of Memories as well looks like a nice indie game.

7 years ago

Indeed :D Already picked it up earlier today. I was a little greedy ^^ I think I had ~ 16 games on my account before this year's Prime Day and now it's 54. Granted a lot of them are mostly interesting for my little nephew but also quite a few for me. My highlights are probably Castle of Illusion & Duck Tales Remastered.

7 years ago

Looks neat, I love puzzle games. Will add to OP, thanks!

7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. Registered, put in a USA address, and it works!

7 years ago

PSA: Make sure you freeze or Greenfly the Amazon Underground app because it requests your location every X minutes.

Also technically this isn't a "deal" since most of those were free on AU since almost launch, several months ago.

7 years ago

Would you please go into a little more detail ? Is this a privacy or a battery life concern ?
If it's a battery life concern will it still affect my battery if my GPS function is constantly turned off ?
Can it be avoided by logging out of Amazon Underground ?

Since a quick Google search about Greenfly comes up empty except a very small, pale green insect that often harms plants I assume you mean Greenify. Since apparently the free version of Greenify only allows to shut down apps from the app store and not system apps I assume it won't work for Amazon Underground and I need the paid version, right ?
Is freeze a default function or also something I need an extra app for ? Is there something similar I can do on an unrooted Android phone that runs on Android 4.3 and thus does not have the Doze function without getting an extra app just for that ?

7 years ago*

If you're fine with giving out your location every some minutes, then it isn't worth the effort for just one app. You can always deny that request permanently, though a notice will appear often when using the app.

While Greenify is more known, personally I use Ice Box, which completely freezes any functionality of the app until manually requested, and will freeze the app again when you lock the phone. Greenify is more "light" on the approach, I'd rather have an app completely frozen.
You need root for this, yes.

7 years ago

Thanks for the explanation. The GPS function on my phone is always turned off so privacy isn't my main cornern but I was wondering if Underground attempting to request my location will still drain my battery.

7 years ago

For what it's worth I have location service disabled but haven't observed the app making any location requests. This is on a device with cellular network turned off though if it matters.

7 years ago*

I'm just beginning to learn more about all that Android stuff so I'm not sure if it matters but I was wondering if the app can track me through cellular network even if my GPS is turned off. But as I said privacy is only my secondary concern I'm mainly curious how it affects my battery. But as I learned today they added the option to block certain app permissions with the android version I'm running so I'll check that out and keep an eye on how often certain apps actually use certain permissions.

7 years ago

woooooo! duck tales! yes! thanks!

7 years ago

Added Quell Collection, Sonic Dash.

7 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.