Yes, because i've only activated like 4 or 5 bundles since then. Even if it was $6 but had to be activated each month i would have lost money.

2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Subscribed since the summer of 2017. Haven't looked back since. No pauses, cancels or regrets. Humble Choice is the only thing keeping HB afloat at this point. Especially from my perspective as a gamer who isn't interested in the software or books they bundle far too often nowadays.

Can't remember the last time I bought a Tier 2 (nevermind Tier 3) on a gaming bundle, but I am definitely gonna continue picking up the Choices until they'll run those into the ground as well. Just a matter of time.

2 years ago

Almost exactly the same here. While I might not feel overwhelmed by every month, it's the best selection of games I can find and the price for classic (especially for all 12 games now) is fine. When I think about the Warner Bros Humble bundle I miss those days, but right now except for the odd Fanatical bundle there is no other bundle site offering anything worth my money.

2 years ago

This. I think I have skipped one month since I subscribed and the only other bundles I buy now are the book ones.

2 years ago

Same, I see it as a replacement to binge buying games on steam sales, because I hardly play anything anyway.

2 years ago

I joined just before Classic was removed and only paused for the first time last month since I own most of the games. I enjoy a wide range from Cities Skylines to Doom to Stardew Valley, so I am usually interested in most of the games offered. If I have a slight interest and its 90% off or better, I usually go for it. Humble Classic has met my wants quite well despite the negative feedback I see about them.

2 years ago

Since you can always pause, I don't think it's so bad and when I don't pause I give away bonus games which makes people happy. No regrets :)

2 years ago

Why wouldn't it be? Letting users keep this "classic" plan even through pauses after they changed it to "humble choice" is the best and most customer-friendly thing humble has done ever since being acquired by IGN, bar none.

2 years ago

Short answer: yes.

To elaborate, for 12$ (currently 6$ for this year), getting a variety of quality games that may be on your wishlist or just to try every month is great, now we even get to know ahead of time what we are getting instead of guessing.

2 years ago

should've made this a poll if you wanted to actually gauge response
but IMO yes

2 years ago

I've paused a couple of times.. but 12 buckaroos for 12 high quality games is always a solid deal. Also only gotten 2-3 games I already owned, the rest were unique. Best bundle out there, no contest 👍

Never got that 6€ deal myself, but would never stoop so low as to complain.

2 years ago

same

2 years ago

The older my laptop is, the bigger the difference is between perceived value (games) and realistic value (games I can actually play) :|
Keeping future-me in mind, it's been an alright deal. Actually playing my bought games.... from that aspect it's really questionable.
I definitely feel overwhelmed between monthlies, purchased games and other bundles, the backlog only grows.

2 years ago

If the Premium plan is cheaper than the Classic plan, you can pause the classic and sub the premium.

2 years ago

Wait, you can? I didnt know that.

2 years ago

You can, but you will lose classic forever and won't be able to ever get it back.

2 years ago

Do you know if Humble Bundle allows multiple accounts on the same ip? Like you make a new account to take advantage of the promotions (6 usd month, 25 credit for year, things like that) whil keeping a classic account on pause.

2 years ago

Well, their TOS don't mention that you can't create multiple accounts to take advantage of a promotion. However, HB is known to ban resellers/traders or people who they suspect of such activity (even though the users still have unactivated keys on their account).

So, will they ban you for creating multiple accounts? It's very much possible that they will.
If you use the same payment method/IP address, you will likely be flagged as a reseller and possibly banned. In such a case your only real hope is living in EU and threatening them with a lawsuit.

All in all, I would probably just stick to having one account and trying to look out for deals, which you can take advantage of with a classic subscription. :)

YMMV

2 years ago

Well, their TOS don't mention that you can't create multiple accounts to take advantage of a promotion

Except that it does.

(b) Restrictions. You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
(xiv) circumventing Service limitations on the number of Products you may purchase, including, without limitation, creating multiple accounts and purchasing a total number of Products through such multiple accounts which exceed the per-user limitations;

2 years ago

I'm aware of that, but that would apply if he created multiple accounts to buy multiple copies of HB choice games at once.

I'm no lawyer, but if he would create multiple accounts and always buy only one copy of the item he wants, he wouldn't circumvent Service limitations on the number of products he may purchase, would he?

2 years ago*

Depends on their interpretation.

They also state in their TOS they have the right to terminate/suspend any account, for any reason.

We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.

2 years ago

Once again, I'm well aware of that - something like that is in almost every TOS, for example, Steam:

Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that is illegal, constitutes a Cheat, or otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscription(s) and/or Account.

According to this, they can terminate your account any moment if they think you "negatively affect the enjoyment by other users".

The problem with this is that HB's version is illegal at least in the EU, as they can't remove access to your purchased goods (eg.: unused activation keys).

In any case, I would not attempt to get a better deal by creating multiple accounts. It's too much of a risk. Also, I think that the $12 a month is a pretty good price for the games given, so I don't think it's worth trying.

2 years ago

Yeah, I agree

2 years ago

Do NOT do this. I made a new account to get some bundle + 1 month of Choice for free. Since that every payment method was blocked. I can't buy anything on HB. My subsription is still active so at least I have that.

2 years ago

what if 2 accounts with different ip (used by 2 different people) use the same credit card? is it safe?

2 years ago

No, it's not safe.
And yes, they will find know.
It's as easy as cross-referencing a CC number with existing numbers on other accounts.
(All it takes is a few lines of code, and less than a second to check - which is done automatically)

2 years ago

It's simple, really.
1) Create multiple accounts using different IPs, use different browsers and different payment methods. (e.g. PayPal for one and Credit Card for the other)
2) NEVER login to the other account with the same browser, which was used to login the original account. (Unless all Cookies are cleared and IP is changed).

2 years ago

In addition:
If you use CC directly in Humble and PayPal in the second account - make sure the CC in PayPal is different than CC you use in Humble, as Humble know which CC number you're using to pay through PayPal.

2 years ago

Well, not necessarily. Humble only sends the last 4 digits or does it send that detail at all? Because the payment provided is PayPal and humble will only "see" that. It doesn't matter what method was used on PayPal.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not sure for certain but it seems logical that the Merchant (Humble) would only see the payment method used immediately on their site (PayPal in this case) and not the "option" (e.g. Credit Card, Debig Card, PayPal Wallet etc)

2 years ago

AFAIK Humble (the Merchant) sees which exact payment method you used through PayPal.
For example you can't use PayPal credit to subscribe to Humble Choice - you need to pay through PayPal using an associated credit card.

2 years ago

Hm, possible. But might not be the full info or any info at all. Probably only info that "Credit Card" was used.

2 years ago

I actually did exactly that. Different places (so IP), made an account on my brother's name and card. Got blocked as well because I logged in both accounts from one IP once.
Oh and support said they will never unblock it.

2 years ago

very informative warning, thank you
they are strict about these I see..

2 years ago

this is just a hypothesis, but since there are ways to connect with different ip addresses, you could do it that way. try using a cell phone, just make sure you're connecting via your data plan - not wifi. alternately, you could use a vpn. if you do try to do this, i would also suggest using two different payment methods or cards. like a debit card for one account and paypal for another, or two different paypal accounts.. you get it. just make sure the two accounts don't have anything that would link them. from what i hear, humble is pretty vigilant about upholding their tos.

2 years ago

Yeah nice suggestion, vpn or mobile data could also work, but my real problem is the payment method. Because, I can't share the same payment method to my brother. Fanatical doesn't seem to care, but that's not the case with HB.

2 years ago

Use a new account, but this has risk to be banned by HB, I use a different credit card (or different paypal if you need) to pay the premium.

2 years ago

Now, I pause the classic every month.

2 years ago

i'm happy with my membership. i signed up back in march 2018 and have never paused, though i've thought about it a couple times. my only regret is that i didn't sign up sooner. i remember seeing it when they first started the monthly bundles, but i can't remember why i skipped out on signing up. for $12 each, the value is amazing, even if i don't like or own some of the games. i'm more than happy to give away the ones i don't keep. the 20% discount on humble store is a nice bonus as well.

2 years ago*

short yes i saved a lot of money and got to know and play quite some nice games which i would never ever heard of long term having over 1k games makes my backlog quite large ;p

2 years ago

I did the same thing as you and feel pretty good about it, even if they keep giving away these $6 deals that kind of feels bad....

2 years ago

I paused about as much as I unpaused. To be honest the only reason I haven't canceled completely is the Classic plan.
If I could resub at the same price later, I would have canceled it.

2 years ago

$12/month for some games I might want, and some reasonably priced (and high quality) giveaways? Yes. please. I can't even get a decent meal for that price around here.

2 years ago

I can keep pausing so I think I'm good

2 years ago

I paused maybe 3 or 4 months in all these years and I have nothing to complain about. I'd be seriously disappointed if Choice (or Humble in general) should vanish.

2 years ago

I think over the past year I only kept the bundle once... but since pausing takes four minutes it's not bad to pause every month. Overall the bundles aren't bad, just most of the time the games I'd want to keep in them are ones I have already!

2 years ago

Watch for humble to start mixing platforms in the same bundle. That will cause some shockwaves for sure.

2 years ago

One can pause without losing the Classic plan. So, if you can bear the mental workload of having to check the bundle every month, it is fine overall (w.r.t. financial & mental terms). In my case, I check the bundle out of curiosity anyway, so the mental strain is okay.

2 years ago*

Shame on them. How is it possible that they offer a Classic sub to those who were there and in the end they are the ones who usually pay the most?

2 years ago

It really depends if you pause often or not. Classic subs can pause any time but the $6 deals can't be paused so it balances out. I havent seen a bundle where it wasn't worth it for at least someone, the main game usually covers at least half the normal cost ($12) already if one were to buy it on sale. Really haven't complained although I didn't get the $6 deal, the $99 yearly is $8.25 which allows pause.

2 years ago

Yes. I might not resubscribe this year though since I have a lot less time and not as interested in games anymore.

2 years ago

I haven't regretted a single Monthly/Choice. I did stay away from the $6 deal because I didn't trust them to let us keep Classic after it was over, knowing US companies and their shenanigans.

The game bundles since IGN took over have been... underwhelming, to put it in diplomatic terms. And they're outright overpriced beyond the point where it's funny these days. Can't even remember when I last bought a Tier 2 or 3 either. 2018 or so?

But the Classic Choice of €11ish for 12 games is still an incredible deal. Sure not all of the games are my cup of tea, but they're €0,90 per game. Whichever ones I don't want or already own, I give away to friends in less than ideal financial situations. If I can make their week a little better by giving them one of the games, that's worth the whole €11.

Now, if they start putting in Epic-only keys, or worse Console games... Yea, that would make me cancel.

2 years ago

For the most part, I'm happy that I have the classic, at the beginning of the new program, I felt like new subscribers were kind of screwed over since they didn't get all of the games offered and they paid more :/ I can also pause at any time and I get more games than the new subscribers.
Now I get frustrated when I see new subscription bonuses and other generous benefits being given out, but I get it from a business sense. And it's more reasonable than what they offered originally with the new subscription model. I don't like the direction that humble bundle is going in, the same way I don't like microtransactions in games you pay a full price for.
But don't even get me started on how they do people who make gift links.

View attached image.
2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.