"Facebook on Friday said an attack on its computer network led to the exposure of information from nearly 50 million of its users.
The company discovered the breach earlier this week, finding that attackers had exploited a feature in Facebook’s code that allowed them to take over user accounts. Facebook fixed the vulnerability and notified law enforcement officials..."

The New York Times
CNET
Time

New details:
CNBC
TechCrunch

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

View Results
Myspace
GeoCities
Napster
Neopets
AOL
Xanga
Friendster
Angelfire
Ask Jeeves
Infoseek
Homestar Runner
Altavista
Limewire
LiveJournal
Facebook
GameTrailers
SteamGifts

I asked Jeeves. He said "Steamgifts."

5 years ago

Altavista was my fave (in the days before Google existed). Searching the web using regular expressions was nice.

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

Haha... that screen brings back memories for me...

5 years ago

Great xkcd episode about regex's. :D

https://www.xkcd.com/208/

5 years ago

In all seriousness though I have had similar moments at work where a co-worker is trying to make some ridiculously overcomplicated parser in C# or whatever and then I bust out a sed one-liner to do it all in one go. :P but I don't use it often enough to function at wizard-level... always keep a regex book handy

5 years ago

5 years ago

Maybe that's why i couldn't use my FB account for my FFBE save last week. Lost a years worth of work in the game too. Stupid Gummi for forcefeeding it down our throats.

5 years ago

🐱‍🚀

Y u no putty Google in the poll?

5 years ago

google plus is ded

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

If you ever have to quote a wikipedia article to win an argument or make a point online, you have already lost.

The fact you have posted a screenshot and highlighted an area now means you owe iubjaved some rather serious damages in the form of monetary compensation.

5 years ago

As a confirmed Wikipedian of 5 years experience I really don't get it why some people have this tendency to undermine & devalue Wikipedia when all it does is provide free (impartial & accredited) knowledge to everyone, doesn't promote any product on its site/app, doesn't have an annoying Patreon link in every page & also doesn't have an intrusive data mining setup.

@Sachys: Before you throw up the "anybody can edit it = vandalism" argument, I suggest you try & change a verified fact on this page you would understand why I'm referring to this particular page to an unverified one, which should also stay live/active for more than 1 week. And FYI, Wells 🤜🏼 Dorksey 2️⃣4️⃣/7️⃣.

As for my owing @iubjaved any monetary compensation, I think you should have seen his profile using the 'Enhanced Steam' extension before making that suggestion.

5 years ago*

I do positively believe that Sachys was cracking a joke.

Also, I think iubjaved said that Google Plus is "dead" in the sense that people don't use it much, if at all. With all the (pretty considerable) effort Google put into getting people to use it, it just never got the traction. It stayed a backup thing of sorts or something. But insofar as you count activity as the service being still provided, yes, it is "active". Being active in one sense and inactive/dead in another are not always mutually exclusive. :)

5 years ago

*standing ovation

:)

5 years ago

Why, thank you! :)

Incidentally, I noticed you blacklisted me recently. May I know why?

5 years ago

Cassol being Cassol.
I would never blacklist you, babe.

5 years ago

<3

5 years ago

He's blacklisted me as well, it seems. It's always a bit weird to notice something like that if there's nothing apparent. But they can do what they want. :D

5 years ago

In my case, I like to know the reason because it might be something that I did, and I'd like to fix it if it's possible to. If there's nothing I can do, then that's that, but sometimes there is something I can do. :)

5 years ago

I'm on the same boat as you. But I've learned that sometimes it just is something you can't help. Things like opinions, ideas or certain giveaways.

5 years ago

Indeed! And in those cases you just accept that as a fact of life and move on. :)

5 years ago

Limewire

Shit that takes me back. I was still a kid when it was first a thing. Sadder still is that the team behind it's successor just called it quits

5 years ago

The best way to get viruses and FBI reportings!

5 years ago

I loved how the first result was always some shitty virus thing made out of what you searched for, like relaxing_classical_music_teenage_beethoven_getting_destroyed_by_three_black_cocks.exe 297 kB

5 years ago

What the holy bejeezus is that file name. :D

5 years ago

The good ol days :')

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

goofball? stileproject?? netscape???

5 years ago

I don't use Facebook, but I know quite a few people who do. Though sadly it seems like most people are completely apathetic to this sort of thing these days.

5 years ago

5 years ago

Oh yeah.But only as protocol, the messenger itself was shit. Trillian, Miranda or qip.

5 years ago

Oh yeah, good old times where you found all the ICQ numbers in forum signatures and you always got that ever-annoying 'a-oh' informing you about a new message :D. I wonder what became of IRC, too.

5 years ago

I was just thinking about mIRC too =P

5 years ago

With today's standards, I kinda feel similar to an old person talking nostalgic about the telegraph when the telephone began its widespread use ;D.

5 years ago

It's still being used to share manga and anime ;)

5 years ago

Yep, though WhatsApp's whistle tone is even more annoying and you hear it everywhere.

5 years ago

5 years ago

Oh yeah, more important to show passerbys that one's getting called than to speak/listen to the caller. :D

5 years ago

IRC is a lot more niche than it used to be, but it's still the main form of communication for some communities and even (gasp) companies (with their own infrastructure, evidently).

5 years ago

why the fuck do people still have facebook? deleted mine in like 2012

5 years ago

Couldn't care less, but due to the way you're asking: Why the fuck did you use it at all?

5 years ago

lol, this attitude is way more annoying than people who love social media.

5 years ago

You deleted Facebook, but Facebook did not delete you :P

5 years ago

Well if you own a business, you will need a social media for marketing.
Most of family/friends members who are in different countries use it to keep in touch in each other/ keep updated.

I am not against using facebook, i am against using personal information on it.

5 years ago

(hashtag)WalkAway

5 years ago

wonder if tom is still my friend on myspace (._. )

5 years ago

I would've voted for Digg.

Anyone remember that?

5 years ago

I do. I remember all of them, and didn't use any of them. I do my socializing with people the old-fashioned way, face to face, and I certainly don't want my personal information all over the Internet.

5 years ago

facebook for spam

and steamgifts too ^^

Angelfire

View attached image.
5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago

It will forever live on in our hearts. :D

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

i stopped using Facebook about a year ago, best decision ever. Now lets check twitter.

5 years ago*

I don't do books. My face is safe?

5 years ago

I've always said that Facebook was evil. I mean, it's a book, with a face. What's more evil than that?

View attached image.
5 years ago

Club penguin

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

I only use it to access my town's group, to get the juicy news.
Pretty much all the data I have filled in are internet copypastas and offensive jokes, so the hackers are welcome to help themselves to it.

DID YOU KNOW, the text boxes for Gender, Religious & Political views seem to have no character limit? My About section is over 100k characters long. Did some further copypasting, seems one field can fit 63k characters

5 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.