i5 4460 CPU
8GB RAM
1TB HDD
550W Antec PSU

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Which?

View Results

Your power supply have not enough power to run R9 but it is slightly better than GTX960.

8 years ago

I picked the 380,i always go for the the best bang for the buck,it just usually ends up being AMD.

Neither one has that big of edge as graphics power,though if your worried about power usage then Nvidia might be the way to go.Both have there gimmicks to try get you to join there camp and i refuse to by a GPU based on things like silly hair stuff,it just encourages more stupid shit.

It would be nice if they would just play nice together and just try beat each other the old fashion way,which is make a GPU that is more powerful then the other,no instead then need worthless crap like PhysX and AMD has something like it and yadda yadda.

Ether way most will pick Nvidia bcause well same reason a lot buy the Apple Iphone,because its the cool things to do.

8 years ago

My friend just got a GeForce GTX 960 and he runs all his games on ultra settings now and from what I've seen they run smoothly. The 2 fans attached to it also run pretty quietly, by that I mean I didn't notice any extra noise above his computer tower fans running. Personally I wouldn't pay so much for a graphics card, I'm quite satisfied with medium/high graphics. Of course when I hit the lottery it'll be a different story, after I give a bunch away to those in need of course.

My advice is whichever one you choose call them and talk to their tech support to make sure your computer can handle it before shelling out the money. My friend and I went through all kinds of hassles and he ended up just buying a new computer that could support it. Even GeForce couldn't confirm 100% that the new computer supported its card, even the computers company, Cybertron, wasn't sure if the tower had the power supply cords inside, which we did eventually find stuffed into a bundle of cords hidden under one of the front trays. When all was said and done it worked great. I can't recall the Watts his computer supported though, I believe it was somewhere between 500-700, closer to 700 if anything.

8 years ago

Your friend is mentally challenged if he really bought a pre-build.

8 years ago

There's no need to be rude, if you don't have anything nice or helpful to say don't say anything at all.

8 years ago

AMD is the best

8 years ago

I'd recommend 960 mainly because nvidia tends to have better drivers. I have two gaming rigs, one with nvidia card and one with amd card. AMD card is very powerful and I actually prefer it for things like folding@home, but the driver support for new games is pretty horrific. You save some money, but you get a slower driver cycle and the cards tend to draw more power, but that's about it. Not a deal breaker, especially if you aren't the type of person that wants to play AAA titles on release date.

8 years ago

Almost every recent AAA title released this year had issues with AMD drivers which were solved later on.Although,Nvidia Gpu is more expensive and sometimes slightly less than amd in specs.However,It performs WAY better in games (excluding Battlefield). due to the constant driver updates which is always available before the launch date by a day and sometimes a WHOLE WEEK.I'm using a three year old gpu (due to high prices in my country) which is Gigabyte GTX 660 Oc and i've had no issues with a SINGLE game. Infact,I'm still enjoying AAA titles on Very High/ULTRA @30FPS/1080p.Even AC:Unity worked fine for me with some frame drops to 23 on ULTRA with FXAA.My point is,Nvidia offers quality and long life-time even my previous 9400 GT managed to run most of the games except one or two from 2008 to 2014.

8 years ago

Although looking at what that site pulled up I'm confused by the laptop. The features and specs seem to be correct tho.

8 years ago

8 years ago

I can't believe how many people here give unfunded, bad advice. If you look at ANY benchmark, you'll see the 280X and 380 are MUCH faster than the 960, especially at higher resolutions / settings. Don't buy a 960, just because other people didn't do their research.

For example: http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/1790-nvidia-geforce-gtx-960-game-fps-benchmark-review/Page-2 . The 285 is faster in almost every game than the 960, and the 280X and 380 are both faster than the 285.

8 years ago

Look benchmarks and see AMD win...

8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by DirtyAtom.