Sun is shining here but I can't go outside and I'm thinking about riding my bike ofc...
What bike(s) do you drive atm and what was your first? What use do you have for it?
I mainly use it for work and events in the weekends, been thinking about roadtrip through europe for some time now. Maybe next year who knows :-)

Here's pics of mine:
1st bike - kawasaki er6-n 2006
current bike - kawasaki versys 2009

And also small gib

View attached image.
7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

What do you prefer?

View Results
motorcycle
car
potato

Not really to do with the subject, but what was the aperture setting on your lens for shooting the first pic? (Also can you share the lens and camera, while we're at it?) That's a shallow depth of field, almost tilt-shift like, but looks pretty odd. I'm just interested in what kind of lens/sensor size combo would produce such an effect.

7 years ago

I'm probably going to dissapoint you... :-), I made the picture with my phone, then just manually faded everything in the background on pc. I admit it's a weird effect but it's the nicest pic I have of the bike. I have absolutely no knowledge and know-how inthe art of photography. Sorry

7 years ago

Aha, makes sense :)

Don't own a bike myself and I'm not really familiar with them, but got to ride on the back of my friends BMW 1300R a few times. That thing was/is a monster.

7 years ago

My Mustang in my favorite colors! :3

View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago*

really nice!

View attached image.
7 years ago

Thank you!

7 years ago

Close of perfection... except the rims :P

7 years ago

At least they are original ones. ^^

7 years ago

I had the same thought, the rims I liked least but figured since it's probably original that's a +

7 years ago

Also with original parts I mean original parts for that specific version of Ford Mustang.

7 years ago

How about you make a giveaway for that Mustang?
I love it.
I LOVE IT.

7 years ago

Thank you but no. :-)

I bought it in the USA with vintage and original papers, shipped it over to Flanders/Belgium and fully dismantled, sandblasted, refurbished and even painted with original paint. A lot of hours I put in this overhaul together with family and close friends.

Every part is an original Ford Mustang part and there's not one bit of rust on it.

It passed and passes the mandatory yearly regional car inspection without even one remark but I don't know if I would have the patience to go to all of that again for another car.

Then again I do also really like and have my eyes on a 1969 Dodge Charger.

"the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"

7 years ago

I really like Mustangs, although my dream oldtimer is Plymouth Sport Fury, preferably the 1966 one, but every one has its merits. The 1970 weird front is also cool.

7 years ago

Neat bikes, both of them :)
Me, I don't own a bike or a car, not even a bicycle so I have nothing to show off.

View attached image.
7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

That's a nice Benz.

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

Love the rims!

7 years ago

Very nice!

My first moto was a Suzuki GS500E

And actually I ride a Triumph Street Triple R . This is me at Castellolí circuit

I love it! :D

View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago*

Nice bikes, was considering a triumph to. I like the fact that they think out of the box in terms of design. Eventually took the versys because it was the most "versatile" ;-) get it...

7 years ago

My current ride.

View attached image.
7 years ago

What brand is that? I'm guessing a us-model since i've never seen it?

7 years ago

If I'm not mistaken that's a Toyota Camry.
They don't sell them any more in Europe. Pity, they were good cars but Europeans only seem to buy german crap in those classes.

7 years ago

Well my car is an american brand, and I'm really pleased with it. Never had the german brands you are referring too :-) Previous cars were toyota and nissan

View attached image.
7 years ago

2002 Toyota Camry LSE.

7 years ago

Nice bikes. That first pic looks weird, makes it almost look like a model ;)
Was doing my licence on a BMW F650 CS Scarver (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_F650CS) ages ago (damn, nearly 10 years now oO). Nice slim design, low seat height. It was like riding a bike compared to the heavier Honda CB 500/600.
One of the few bikes people under 1,65 can ride comfortably without resorting to dropping the suspension or getting a chopper.
Why do manufacturers ignore short people nowadays?

7 years ago

Short people are often forgotten that's a fact. I'm 1.78 and the versys is actually the talliest I could ride properly. Well the riding is never a problem it's resting my feet that I have problems on with some bikes.

7 years ago

Whenever I read about a new bike the set height is often in the 780 to 850 mm range. That mean anyone under 170 is going to have problems. Add a bulky engine and you just lost a potential customer. Why would anyone want to tiptoe on a bike when they've stopped or always feel uneasy riding it? They'll just go and spend their money on something else.

7 years ago

Hey, another one with F650CS experience :) Great motorcycle, I'm really liking mine, even though it's almost new to me.

That's right, the CS has a very low seat. I'm 176 cm, so most bikes work for me, but I've had a few higher ones that were a bit problematic. Especially the higher ones with wide seats. With my Yamaha XT600E I could get both toes into the ground, but not the heels. The Honda XR600R I had was even worse, couldn't get both feet into the ground at once, so at red lights I had to slide off the seat on one side to get one foot down. Not perfect, but it worked :D

7 years ago

Same model as this one:

View attached image.
7 years ago

Here is my ride

1997 Mazda RX-7 FD3S
More pics here: https://www.carthrottle.com/post/n4kygkz/

View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago*

Wow, epic!

7 years ago

Love the RX-7. Great car.

7 years ago

cool!

7 years ago

How do you find the rotary engine?

7 years ago

It's good until you go on the highway.
Then it's no good. It's awesome. The party begins.
Braaap braaaaaaaap braaaaaaaaap. Etc.
Also its a fun toy for the town too. Drifting <3

7 years ago

here's my ride

View attached image.
7 years ago

Love the paintjob!

7 years ago

Very elegant :D

7 years ago

My little baby is a Suzuki GSX650F Black, I haven't pics now, maybe later :p

7 years ago

My first moto: Honda NSR 125
Second and current one: Suzuki DRZ 400 Supermoto another one
Audi A3 (needs to be lower doe :D)
And at the end my leg 2 weeks after my worst crash on the DRZ (not pleasing view ^^) here

I'm more of a fan of motorcycles but really love stanced or drift cars as well. VAG especially :)

7 years ago*

wow, how long was the recovery? Nice bikes also!

7 years ago

9 months :/

7 years ago

9 months!? a boy or girl xD

7 years ago

LOL :D

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago

Sweet Benz.

7 years ago

Here is my cruiser

View attached image.
7 years ago

Nice, a buddy of mine used to own a saab and I drove it a few times. Never had anything better at handling corners

7 years ago

You should try an MX-5. Test drove a used MX-5 10th Anniversary Model (1999) in 2006.
Fantastic handling and specifically the steering. So much feeling in the steering and the chassis. Driving over the white lines on the autobahn was noticeable through the sound and your pants :D
Bought a used 1998 Golf 3 Cabrio 1,6. Was cheaper, more practical and less chance of me killing myself in it ;)

7 years ago

Well I have to make the balance between safety, space and sport and it's an awful dilemma. I now own a ford c-max 115 and it handles pretty sporty, has enough power and has space for my 2 kids, It aint no sportscar but well, stages in life I guess

View attached image.
7 years ago

I'm sure plenty of people would be happy to have a Ford C-Max. They're probably the only mainstream manufacturer out there who still emphasizes handling over boring understeery safety.

7 years ago

It can hande quite nice, yes. Problems only occur if one is being silly.

7 years ago

+1 on that

7 years ago

Drivers licence was too expensive so no car for me at the moment sadly ='(

7 years ago

7 years ago

It's amazing what they have come up with the last 10 years in the 125 classes. nice man!

7 years ago

haha, yeah I know. I was stunned by the clothing as well. I often see guys in jeans on the motorcycle, but never knew that those clothes could have protection in them.
Any tips for a first time motorcycle buyer?
I am buying this mainly for work and that's 100km/day. This involves around 60km/day of highway. The guy at the store recommended me choosing for a 11KW instead of a 9KW motor, but those are more expensive of course.

7 years ago

For a first bike I would look into a nice used one. You get the handle of motorcycling and learn. Not to be an ass but the chances of a slide are there if your new to it. Better to drop a cheaper used one than a brand new expensive bike. My personal opinion wouldn't be a 125cc bike for driving highway (in Belgium its 120km speed limit) Because the 125cc bikes will be lighter so they will have more influance of other trucks and cars sidewind. And don't really know if it has enough power left once you go over the 120km/h. Anyhow what you decide get some decent clothing, it's probably the most important thing. I paid around 1300 euro for my outfit + helmet, In my country you have to wear proper protection by law

7 years ago

I live in Belgium and I only have my B drivers license, so at the moment I can only go for a 125cc motor. But I want to know for sure that I like riding a motorcycle before I go for my full license. I was planning on buying a decent suit, because I want to be safe :) the mt-125 is capable of going 120+, but it's not meant to do that. The thing is, I don't know enough about motors and I'm not confident enough to buy a used one from a stranger :)

7 years ago

I'm from belgium to man, Speak with people you know who drive a 125 and what their experiences are with it. My brother has a 125 and he never drives on the highway. It's just not really made for that, Ask some of your friends if they will allow you to test their bikes. My experience is simple with bikes, you can like em and start to love em but when you but if you're already feeling something wrong with it, you'll never like that particular bike.

7 years ago

If this will be your fist bike than I wouldn't recommend going for such expensive option.
Better start cheaper and than upgrade.

7 years ago

they recommended this to me because I do 100km a day, which has 60km of highway. But I'm still looking into what is best.
They recommended me buying an 11KW instead of a 9KW.

7 years ago

More power always. When I got my first bike the first rides I was like woah that's not a bad power and after like a week it was already not enough :D My first nsr 125 was 29 BHP I think.

7 years ago

That's about 20Kw? That sounds a lot, but I don't know that much about motors :)

7 years ago

Well I mean I have a bicycle.

:/

7 years ago

I currently have just a regular car, Mazda 3 Skyactive.
Too lazy to go out and take a pic, so from the net:

View attached image.
7 years ago*

I like these but found them very expensive here in Belgium

7 years ago

I love these. The front looks sooooo good.

7 years ago

I neither own a car nor a bike, and since last year not even bicycle. But at least we have a unique public transportation system in my hometown, in addition to regular busses and trains.... I present you this

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago

That's awesome! Is the service any good? In Belgium we got busses, trams and trains to but the service is terrible. They never drive on schedule

7 years ago

Busses and trains are ok, but the Schwebebahn is great and only rarely not on time.
Between 05:00 and 23:45 Monday through Sunday you can use it. During rush hour and other highly frequented times, one can take one every 3 minutes a the stations. Other times (mid-morning, weekday evenings and such) they still come at least every 5, 10 or 15 minutes.
Schwebebahn on wikipedia.

7 years ago

If only I had known, was in dusseldorf last year citytripping, isn't to far so I could have checked it out :-)

7 years ago

Yeah, you were close then... it's ~ 20min by train.

7 years ago

grüße aus ddorf :D

7 years ago

Gruß zurück in die Landeshauptstadt! :-)

7 years ago

i only walk... do i just attach a picture of some legs?

7 years ago

legs xD

7 years ago

+1 xD

7 years ago

I ride a rougher example of this first-gen Suzuki SV650S (no Shoei stickers, though it does have MFP "Maintain Right" stickers on the upper fairings). For pedaling, I have a 1984 Univega Nuovo Sport that looks nearly the same as the Gran Turismo in this picture (couldn't find a picture of my model in the right color), with a rear rack and fold-out baskets added:

View attached image.
View attached image.
7 years ago*

the sv650s are really popular, and it's for the right reasons. it's a nice looking bike with good specs

7 years ago

I use to have an 05 YZF600R and a 98 Jetta GLX. I don't own either anymore.

View attached image.
7 years ago

ok for real though I have a CBR600RR

View attached image.
7 years ago

me too. I have a PC40. Been riding it for the last 6 years and I'm very happy with it :)

7 years ago

my first bike was a ninja zx-6r but i cannot even begin to talk about how much better i like the cbr

7 years ago

cbr has always been an awesome looking bike. every year had it's flair. The new ones look like it's going 200km/h

7 years ago

Thanks and BUMP!

7 years ago

I don't have a bike yet :( Currently saving up to get my A2 license. Going to start next spring :)

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.